No Oppo Supporters The TAN 79

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a batsmen in the opposition had to retire yesterday in my cricket

He had food poisoning and the heat got to him, was almost passing out
Blamed it on the Friday night vindaloo
We had a club legends 200th yesterday in B’s. We racked up 184 in 45, but it was probably 25/40 runs unders.
The oppo had 8 overs to make 10 runs with 2 wickets in hand. They looked home. We give the ball to the 200 gamer (he’s an offie). Batter on strike hits a ball to a deep mid on. Calls yeah, old mate at the non strikers goes no. Bang. Run out. Last batsman comes in. First ball on pad, we go up, not out (it was pretty plum). Next ball (now, keep in mind, we are split 50/50 as a team on how this went down), bowler feels it hit pad bat, we all go up, bang, out. We win by 6 runs. Batsman thinks he smashed it into the pad. Big night had last night.

We had a batsmen in the opposition had to retire yesterday in my cricket

He had food poisoning and the heat got to him, was almost passing out
Blamed it on the Friday night vindaloo

Played against Jacana back in the mid-to-late 90s, Took two early wickets, but the mid-40s year-old opener was showing plenty of grit and resistance and had notched up 48 to take them to 2-70-odd. Never looked like losing his wicket - then health intervened. Poor bloke had been feeling ordinary all morning, but went out and batter anyway. Turns out he had a heart attack. Had to be removed from the field via ambulance. One of the most frightening things I've seen on a sporting field. Much discussion on whether we continued, which both sides agreed on. Ended up rolling them for about 100 before rain ended it. Poor bloke was a certainty to crack a ton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a club legends 200th yesterday in B’s. We racked up 184 in 45, but it was probably 25/40 runs unders.
The oppo had 8 overs to make 10 runs with 2 wickets in hand. They looked home. We give the ball to the 200 gamer (he’s an offie). Batter on strike hits a ball to a deep mid on. Calls yeah, old mate at the non strikers goes no. Bang. Run out. Last batsman comes in. First ball on pad, we go up, not out (it was pretty plum). Next ball (now, keep in mind, we are split 50/50 as a team on how this went down), bowler feels it hit pad bat, we all go up, bang, out. We win by 6 runs. Batsman thinks he smashed it into the pad. Big night had last night.
How good is club cricket? 😍

Played against Jacana back in the mid-to-late 90s, Took two early wickets, but the mid-40s year-old opener was showing plenty of grit and resistance and had notched up 48 to take them to 2-70-odd. Never looked like losing his wicket - then health intervened. Poor bloke had been feeling ordinary all morning, but went out and batter anyway. Turns out he had a heart attack. Had to be removed from the field via ambulance. One of the most frightening things I've seen on a sporting field. Much discussion on whether we continued, which both sides agreed on. Ended up rolling them for about 100 before rain ended it. Poor bloke was a certainty to crack a ton.
Wow that’s crazy
I’ve seen 2 horrible injuries on the cricket field

One was a batsmen not wearing a helmet and top edged one into eye, broken eye socket, ambulance on field yuk

2nd was a Gillespie steve Waugh type outfield catch where they bumped heads, one completely knocked out, the other with massive gash above one of his eyes and pissing blood

How good is club cricket? 😍
Kept us on top undefeated and it was our weakest team for the year. And these guys were 4th and threw everything at us. They’re now only one point clear in 4th. They wanted it bad.
And they are yappy downhill skiers. Great to roll those f…..ing minnows.
We’re coming off 2 spoons. We got some players back this year and a couple of kids are coming on.

CB17 told you the main board will chew you up as soon as you say something disparaging about the Demons. Heaven forbid if there is a player in the AFL better then theirs
* it’s funny. Old mate included 2 Melbourne players as top 5 in the league for next year. And here i am arguing Fyfe should be considered and not Petracca. I’m not even arguing a Richmond player. It’s mind blowing.

fu** it’s funny. Old mate included 2 Melbourne players as top 5 in the league for next year. And here i am arguing Fyfe should be considered and not Petracca. I’m not even arguing a Richmond player. It’s mind blowing.
It’s incredible and it’s every thread.

It’s incredible and it’s every thread.
i knew I shouldn’t have responded, but the guy was clearly clueless that Fyfe has won 2 brownlows until i pointed it out. It amuses me.

fu** it’s funny. Old mate included 2 Melbourne players as top 5 in the league for next year. And here i am arguing Fyfe should be considered and not Petracca. I’m not even arguing a Richmond player. It’s mind blowing.
They were delusional and in denial for the previous 57 years. Will be great if they slip back into mediocrity. We need the snow fields to be full in September again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back