No Oppo Supporters The TAN 79

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind Ian Chappell.
Remember he stood up to Bradman, as head of the ACB, he had paid the players peanuts.
Chappell had to protest for a pay rise, even tours had out-of-pocket costs.
Bradman was a great player of course.
As an administrator of the game, though, he had no people skills.
He was immensely powerful but Chappell had to ensure players were paid properly.
They provide the entertainment.

272020933_5238099229555445_1172270311627762310_n.jpg

I'm kinda glad the cricket is finished so I don't have to listen to the commentary any longer.
Fox in particular was putrid.
Mark Waugh - the new Ian Chappell. Nothing is ever good enough. Calls Australia 'we' and biased as all fu**.
Brendon Julian - boring and dumb.
Brett Lee - dumb as batshit. Repetitive.
Miek Hussey - says some Ok stuff somethmes but for someone who is known as Mr Cricket, he really doesn't add too much. Good on the technical side of batting.
Shane Warne - full-blown narcissist. Loves the sound of his own voice and has this Eddie McGuire type of thing going on where he just has to have the final say no matter what. Repetitive and banal. Just horrendous.
Kerry O'Keefe - the jokes are getting more and more scripted and tiresome now. Actually a good commentator when he talks about the game. One of the better commentators, but he has very little competition. That fake laugh is grating.

The only ones I can handle are Mark Howard, Isa Guha and Michael Vaughan.
From the BBL, Andrew Symonds is a stand out. Brad Haddin not bad.

Youā€™ve captured Warne and Kerry Oā€™Keefe perfectly. If Oā€™Keefe settled down and just focussed on the cricket he is excellent. He is very knowledgeable about the players, their form, history and achievements, and their RFIā€™s.

Warne fmd he has single handedly re-awakened Shtrayaā€™s cultural cringe from a 50 year post modern slumber. He has had an endless stream of amazingly idiotic comments Warne, but my absolute favourite was when a TV special was made about him including interviews with other notables about him and interviews with Warne about Warne. At the very end of this most spew-inducing piece of TV you could ever wish to watch, and which ran for a length of time I will never recover in my life, came this one beautiful gem from Warne himself that made enduring the whole thing almost worthwhile:

He looked straight down the barrel of the camera, through a ludicrously cosmetically altered face, replete with store-bought perfectly white teeth, all of this sitting under some sort of replica young Warne slash desperate former rock star hair that had long ago lost any right to be on his headā€¦..you get the picture, you couldnā€™t see anything more fake if you bought a $7 Rolex on the streets of New Yorkā€¦.and says something along these lines to describe himselfā€¦.ā€one thing about me that has always been the case, and will never change is what you see is what you get with me.ā€ He is an idiot and a c*nt, though I am uncertain if he is a bigger idiot or c*nt. That is the only remaining mystery about him. But Fox Sports, please, get that idiot c*nt the f*ck off my TV.

I agree with most of the others on your hated list but I think you are harsh on Mr Cricket, who I find very easy to listen to.

Symonds is really good, takes the cricket seriously but doesnā€™t take himself seriously at all. Total breath of fresh air. Haddin shares some good insights about what it is like to be a player in a professional cricket team, he should only get better, just gets the odd thing wrong from time to time at the moment.

Vaughan was a pretty astute test skipper, who embarrassed himself in shorter formats, and you can have him as a commentator, though I will say he seems to have polished up his act a bit. Vaughan has always acted and spoken in Vaghanā€™s interests, he has little credibility with me. I donā€™t think Guha is great but I donā€™t want to knock her because I think the idea of having former female cricketers commentating is a good one. Frankie McKay in NZ is my favourite, she is currently Canterbury skipper, perhaps not the biggest glamourpuss in the game, but she really knows her cricket and is a character.

Last edited:
Youā€™ve captured Warne and Kerry Oā€™Keefe perfectly. If Oā€™Keefe settled down and just focussed on the cricket he is excellent. He is very knowledgeable about the players, their form, history and achievements, and their RFIā€™s.

Warne fmd he has single handedly re-awakened Shtrayaā€™s cultural cringe from a 50 year post modern slumber. He has had an endless stream of amazingly idiotic comments Warne, but my absolute favourite was when a TV special was made about him including interviews with other notables about him and interviews with Warne about Warne. At the very end of this most spew-inducing piece of TV you could ever wish to watch, and which ran for a length of time I will never recover in my life, came this one beautiful gem from Warne himself that made enduring the whole thing almost worthwhile:

He looked straight down the barrel of the camera, through a ludicrously cosmetically altered face, replete with store-bought perfectly white teeth, all of this sitting under some sort of replica young Warne slash desperate former rock star hair that had long ago lost any right to be on his headā€¦..you get the picture, you couldnā€™t see anything more fake if you bought a $7 Rolex on the streets on New Yorkā€¦.and says something along these lines to describe himselfā€¦.ā€one thing about me that has always been the case, and will never change is what you see is what you get with me.ā€ He is an idiot and a c*nt, though I am uncertain if he is a bigger idiot or c*nt. That is the only remaining mystery about him. But Fox Sports, please, get that idiot c*nt the f*ck off my TV.

I agree with most of the others on your hated list but I think you are harsh on Mr Cricket, who I find very easy to listen to.

Symonds is really good, takes the cricket seriously but doesnā€™t take himself seriously at all. Total breath of fresh air. Haddin shares some good insights about what it is like to be a player in a professional cricket team, he should only get better, just gets the odd thing wrong from time to time at the moment.

Vaughan was a pretty astute test skipper, who embarrassed himself in shorter formats, and you can have him as a commentator, though I will say he seems to have polished up his act a bit. Vaughan has always acted and spoken in Vaghanā€™s interests, he has little credibility with me. I donā€™t think Guha is great but I donā€™t want to knock here because I think the idea of having former female cricketers commentating is a good one. Frankie McKay in NZ is my favourite, she is currently Canterbury skipper, perhaps not the biggest glamourpuss in the game, but she really knows her cricket and is a character.
Great post mate.
Frankie is absolutely fantastic. I wish Ian Smith was still commentating too. In fact the Kiwi commentary is good in general. Craig MacMillan, Simon Doull et al.
I swear it is only the Australian commentary that biased and overly negative to the touring side. They outright barrack.
Mel Jones is good too.
You couldn't pay me enough to watch that Warne doc or whatever it is called.
He is a vile human being.
Called Steve Waugh the most selfish player he has played with and then reveals that when Waugh dropped him in the West Indies, he spent the entire test in the toilet block smoking.

He looked straight down the barrel of the camera, through a ludicrously cosmetically altered face, replete with store-bought perfectly white teeth, all of this sitting under some sort of replica young Warne slash desperate former rock star hair that had long ago lost any right to be on his headā€¦..you get the picture, you couldnā€™t see anything more fake if you bought a $7 Rolex on the streets on New Yorkā€¦.and says something along these lines to describe himselfā€¦.ā€one thing about me that has always been the case, and will never change is what you see is what you get with me.ā€ He is an idiot and a c*nt, though I am uncertain if he is a bigger idiot or c*nt. That is the only remaining mystery about him. But Fox Sports, please, get that idiot c*nt the f*ck off my TV.

Vaughan was a pretty astute test skipper, who embarrassed himself in shorter formats, and you can have him as a commentator, though I will say he seems to have polished up his act a bit. Vaughan has always acted and spoken in Vaghanā€™s interests, he has little credibility with me. I donā€™t think Guha is great but I donā€™t want to knock here because I think the idea of having former female cricketers commentating is a good one. Frankie McKay in NZ is my favourite, she is currently Canterbury skipper, perhaps not the biggest glamourpuss in the game, but she really knows her cricket and is a character.

you obviously didnā€™t watch the druggies doco

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA has recorded two new cases​

They are both linked to the Cockburn cluster.

Contact tracers are working to determine potential exposure sites.

I'll never be mature enough to not chuckle whenever I hear "Cockburn" referenced.
There's a good reason why it's pronounced co-burn

Still interested if to know if we are this 'laughing stock of the world' and 'embarrassment' that alarmist claim given the French are in the throes of giving him the flick and Wimbledon are likely going to turf him.

Hilarious isnā€™t it?
The only ones running that agenda were spineless media types and left wingers wanting to use it against the govt.

Hilarious isnā€™t it?
The only ones running that agenda were spineless media types and left wingers wanting to use it against the govt.
The laughing stock of the world narrative has been pushed by "libertarians" freedom fighters who most definitely aren't left wing. The only criticism towards the government was a valid one that they politicised the whole thing by waiting until Friday close of business to finally make the call, which was done so it would take up media space that was making them look bad from other areas.

Hilarious isnā€™t it?

The laughing stock of the world narrative has been pushed by "libertarians" freedom fighters who most definitely aren't left wing. The only criticism towards the government was a valid one that they politicised the whole thing by waiting until Friday close of business to finally make the call, which was done so it would take up media space that was making them look bad from other areas.
It always amazes me that two people whose opinions I respect can look at a situation and have different ā€œviewpointsā€ā€¦ this is actually good šŸ‘

Hilarious isnā€™t it?
šŸ‚:pileofpoop: channel nine were spouting embarrassment etc and you could hardly call them left wingers

šŸ‚:pileofpoop: channel nine were spouting embarrassment etc and you could hardly call them left wingers

They are in the spineless media section.

But ok, Iā€™ll add in the right wing loonies as well, anti vaxxers can be a subset of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back