No Oppo Supporters The TAN 79

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big news mate

That is a massive story, Tiges1229.
Bigger than the virus.
Nadia takes a selfie, in the passenger seat of the car.
That implies new boyfriend Peter Dugmore could be driving the car!
shocked-surprised.gif

Been listening to this series on YouTube. Some unbelievable stories. Very honest with themselves.

Attachments

• 6247C706-5F5E-4E06-9C32-99CD7D21E6BC.jpeg
    6247C706-5F5E-4E06-9C32-99CD7D21E6BC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
Just turned to the Tennis... Broady is playing!!!! Strange cross X Broady for a few extra $$?

He's a pom!!! (Get behind him TIA)

Bonus if takes out Kygrios....big odds but..... 2 down.

Just turned to the Tennis... Broady is playing!!!! Strange cross X Broady for a few extra $$?

He's a pom!!! (Get behind him TIA)

Bonus if takes out Kygrios....big odds but..... 2 down.
Im a pom by birth and get on my local clubs forum. They all reckon the ashes debacle is down to the focus on t20 over there. There is very little 4 day cricket never mind zero 5 day cricket. You can see it to an extent. The only batsman that looks like he can build an innings in test cricket is Root. The rest especially the middle to low order are sloggers and once put under pressure on a wicket prepared for 5 days they have no solid technique.

You’ve captured Warne and Kerry O’Keefe perfectly. If O’Keefe settled down and just focussed on the cricket he is excellent. He is very knowledgeable about the players, their form, history and achievements, and their RFI’s.

Warne fmd he has single handedly re-awakened Shtraya’s cultural cringe from a 50 year post modern slumber. He has had an endless stream of amazingly idiotic comments Warne, but my absolute favourite was when a TV special was made about him including interviews with other notables about him and interviews with Warne about Warne. At the very end of this most spew-inducing piece of TV you could ever wish to watch, and which ran for a length of time I will never recover in my life, came this one beautiful gem from Warne himself that made enduring the whole thing almost worthwhile:

He looked straight down the barrel of the camera, through a ludicrously cosmetically altered face, replete with store-bought perfectly white teeth, all of this sitting under some sort of replica young Warne slash desperate former rock star hair that had long ago lost any right to be on his head…..you get the picture, you couldn’t see anything more fake if you bought a $7 Rolex on the streets of New York….and says something along these lines to describe himself….”one thing about me that has always been the case, and will never change is what you see is what you get with me.” He is an idiot and a c*nt, though I am uncertain if he is a bigger idiot or c*nt. That is the only remaining mystery about him. But Fox Sports, please, get that idiot c*nt the f*ck off my TV.

I agree with most of the others on your hated list but I think you are harsh on Mr Cricket, who I find very easy to listen to.

Symonds is really good, takes the cricket seriously but doesn’t take himself seriously at all. Total breath of fresh air. Haddin shares some good insights about what it is like to be a player in a professional cricket team, he should only get better, just gets the odd thing wrong from time to time at the moment.

Vaughan was a pretty astute test skipper, who embarrassed himself in shorter formats, and you can have him as a commentator, though I will say he seems to have polished up his act a bit. Vaughan has always acted and spoken in Vaghan’s interests, he has little credibility with me. I don’t think Guha is great but I don’t want to knock her because I think the idea of having former female cricketers commentating is a good one. Frankie McKay in NZ is my favourite, she is currently Canterbury skipper, perhaps not the biggest glamourpuss in the game, but she really knows her cricket and is a character.
Just listening to Hussey now.
You’re right. He has some very good insight.
Perhaps his matchup with Mel Jones and Andrew Symonds has allowed him to be himself and not have to go along with the banal tripe that he has to sit next to in the test matches?

Perhaps his matchup with Mel Jones and Andrew Symonds has allowed him to be himself and not have to go along with the banal tripe that he has to sit next to in the test matches?
Got the A team on tonight
Very pleasant evening listening to Huss, Mel jones and symonds

Dan Richardson is my can’t stand the most commentator
Just screams any chance he can and that’s every 3 seconds interrupting others in doing so

Got the A team on tonight
Very pleasant evening listening to Huss, Mel jones and symonds

Dan Richardson is my can’t stand the most commentator
Just screams any chance he can and that’s every 3 seconds interrupting others in doing so
Corban Middlemiss goes ok as an anchor.
Mel plays the role of anchor brilliantly.
Richo does scream a bit doesn’t he?
Anchor is there to keep things moving and to throw to the two commentators at the right time.
Mel jones does it perfectly.

Im a pom by birth and get on my local clubs forum. They all reckon the ashes debacle is down to the focus on t20 over there. There is very little 4 day cricket never mind zero 5 day cricket. You can see it to an extent. The only batsman that looks like he can build an innings in test cricket is Root. The rest especially the middle to low order are sloggers and once put under pressure on a wicket prepared for 5 days they have no solid technique.
As Punter is the commentary cricket guru, his views are two- fold:
Definately, technical flaws that are preventing batsman's head getting over the ball with the bat not flowing straight through the line and
Failure to make the bowlers come to the batsman. Witness the majority of Roots dismissals. Nicking of at about 6th to 7th stump. Root hadn't learnt. I thought he was trying to be as dumb as Warner.

Wood and Broad, kept hand out lessons to that Aus top order. Aus bats can be fragile against good length and good pace.

As Punter is the commentary cricket guru, his views are two- fold:
Definately, technical flaws that are preventing batsman's head getting over the ball with the bat not flowing straight through the line and
Failure to make the bowlers come to the batsman. Witness the majority of Roots dismissals. Nicking of at about 6th to 7th stump. Root hadn't learnt. I thought he was trying to be as dumb as Warner.

Wood and Broad, kept hand out lessons to that Aus top order. Aus bats can be fragile against good length and good pace.
Still Root was the one most likely. The wotlrry for England going forward is Broad and Anderson have been the mainstay of their bowling attack. And both brilliant bowlers. They are about to retire.other than Joffra and maybe Wood there seems no one ready to take over the mantle. Not to mention the lack of a decent spinner. Bit tbf you can't blame this loss on their bowlers that is squarely down to the pathetic batting.

That’s right, for a guy like Hussey, commentating with loud mouthed fools it would not be especially easy to shine. He is not one to openly challenge people in public, so he has to sort of work with what they give him. He is a guy you really want to listen to about cricket Huss, so he is much better in a team where his view doesn’t get drowned out.

The state of sports commentary is really disappointing in many respects. One thing I do like is a real effort is made these days by pretty much all the commentators to explain how to execute the skills of the game and that type of thing.

But the hysterical shouting, the ignorant ranting and repetitiveness gets very tiresome. Especially when you listen to as much cricket commentary as I do. Warne the other day when England won the toss and bowled must have repeated 10 times the palpably insane comment that there is a big difference between winning the toss and bowling when compared to losing the toss and being asked to bowl. Surely there is a point where a producer steps in and says just stop, what you are saying makes no sense and it doesn’t start making sense just because you repeat it over and over.

271936166_941207396760681_143644715186116048_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s right, for a guy like Hussey, commentating with loud mouthed fools it would not be especially easy to shine. He is not one to openly challenge people in public, so he has to sort of work with what they give him. He is a guy you really want to listen to about cricket Huss, so he is much better in a team where his view doesn’t get drowned out.

The state of sports commentary is really disappointing in many respects. One thing I do like is a real effort is made these days by pretty much all the commentators to explain how to execute the skills of the game and that type of thing.

But the hysterical shouting, the ignorant ranting and repetitiveness gets very tiresome. Especially when you listen to as much cricket commentary as I do. Warne the other day when England won the toss and bowled must have repeated 10 times the palpably insane comment that there is a big difference between winning the toss and bowling when compared to losing the toss and being asked to bowl. Surely there is a point where a producer steps in and says just stop, what you are saying makes no sense and it doesn’t start making sense just because you repeat it over and over.

What shits me re Warne is, it's a bit like politicians.
No one seems to challenge him on his nonsense. And none of these commentators/media etc. all have selective memories.
Like, after being beaten by England in the T20 World Cup preliminaries, he banged on for days about how we couldn't win it, we're too old, why is player X even there.
Said we wouldn't even make the semis.
FFS, we were 4-1 at the time.
We only nailed four straight wins, including the final, but did anyone pull him up over his comments and predictions?
Nope, it all just slides.
If someone challenged him over his opinions - which he continually gets wrong - he might (but probably not) be silenced a tad.
Zero accountability.

This!
I was thinking the other day, why doesn't the producer start telling him in his earpiece to shut the * up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back