Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
06588B44-4EC4-48E7-BBDC-0D93976AB4D1.jpeg

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond

Got my friends funeral tomorrow.

I've decided from now on it will ne my mission to really push the message of men's mental health.

The problem was that he was crying out for help and everyone had a she'll be right attitude.

And I feel betrayed by friends that didn't tell me what he was going through when i asked even though they knew he helped me through my suicidal time and I loved and cared deeply for him. I had lost contact with him but still asked about him through a mutual friend who knew he was struggling but every time I asked he just said, "yeah he is going good." Even though at this point he was talking about committing suicide frequently. I also feel so angry this same friend didn't tell me he had passed, I had to find out on Facebook and lucky I did because if I hadn't have I would have missed the funeral.

So yeah, cut that friend straight out of my life because they clearly weren't a friend, just someone trying to get something that they were never ever getting from me. Makes me sick just thinking that they pretended to be a friend just to get in my pants (they never did and never would have.)

I was going to go see him the week he did it and now I'll never have that last opportunity to talk to him and maybe I could have helped him. I might not have changed anything but I might have been able to do something.

It's hard to type out all of the emotions I feel right now and I know this reads like the ravings if a lunatic. I just needed somewhere to vent, if that's the right word

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

I've decided from now on it will ne my mission to really push the message of men's mental health.

The problem was that he was crying out for help and everyone had a she'll be right attitude.

And I feel betrayed by friends that didn't tell me what he was going through when i asked even though they knew he helped me through my suicidal time and I loved and cared deeply for him. I had lost contact with him but still asked about him through a mutual friend who knew he was struggling but every time I asked he just said, "yeah he is going good." Even though at this point he was talking about committing suicide frequently. I also feel so angry this same friend didn't tell me he had passed, I had to find out on Facebook and lucky I did because if I hadn't have I would have missed the funeral.

So yeah, cut that friend straight out of my life because they clearly weren't a friend, just someone trying to get something that they were never ever getting from me. Makes me sick just thinking that they pretended to be a friend just to get in my pants (they never did and never would have.)

I was going to go see him the week he did it and now I'll never have that last opportunity to talk to him and maybe I could have helped him. I might not have changed anything but I might have been able to do something.

It's hard to type out all of the emotions I feel right now and I know this reads like the ravings if a lunatic. I just needed somewhere to vent, if that's the right word
Sorry to hear of your loss and the circumstances regarding your "other" friend.
You can't help what you can't control or Know.
Just keep reminding yourself that if you had the chance you would've been there for your Friend.
Thats all that matters.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Who remembers this game

stay strong , and don’t forget reach out if you need help❤️

Sorry to hear of your loss and the circumstances regarding your "other" friend.
You can't help what you can't control or Know.
Just keep reminding yourself that if you had the chance you would've been there for your Friend.
Thats all that matters.
Thanks ❤

stay strong , and don’t forget reach out if you need help❤️

Thanks❤

Sometimes I feel like talking to people you don't know personally gives you a different perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Thanks❤

Sometimes I feel like talking to people you don't know personally gives you a different perspective.
Definitely, I've stopped recently, but had been going to group therapy for over a year and found it really beneficial being amongst like minded people. The benefit of having so many varied yet similar experiences to bounce off each other was amazing, and not what I expected.

Be kind to yourself, and don't forget about your self care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back