Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I wonder if all of the Dawson identical twin's love/sex interests were always 100% sure of which of the brothers they were with?
Unless they’d just met them they’d know, (I’m the father of identical twins and they still look different to a trained eye and they have different personalities, I find it hard to believe there are two people exactly the same despite being identical).
For interest I’m pretty sure on the teacher pet podcast, it refers to the brothers having threesomes at times.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

‘They also had affairs with girls they had once taught and according to evidence heard at a 2003 coronial inquest both had sex with babysitter [JC], including at the same time.

Thx Bonza.
I was not aware of, or had forgotten about this.
It might explain some of the closed door evidence from JC in court this week.

It well and truly puts Paul Dawson in the frame as a key POI in this case.

And is possibly a component of JC’s current civil action against the NSW Department of Education, if what is alleged, happened whilst JC was still at school.

I wonder if both Dawson brothers signed legal admissions in this court case, agreeing on this three way incident(s), and/or that Paul Dawson also had sexual relations with JC at some point?

Last edited:

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
‘They also had affairs with girls they had once taught and according to evidence heard at a 2003 coronial inquest both had sex with babysitter [JC], including at the same time.

Thx Bonza.
I was not aware of, or had forgotten about this.
It might explain some of the closed door evidence from JC in court this week.

It well and truly puts Paul Dawson in the frame as a key POI in this case.

And is possibly a component of JC’s current civil action against the NSW Department of Education, if what is alleged, happened whilst JC was still at school.

I wonder if both Dawson brothers signed legal admissions in this court case, agreeing on this three way incident(s), and/or that Paul Dawson also had sexual relations with JC at some point?
This phrasing really bothers me and I can't believe it is still in use. Teachers don't have "affairs" with their students. They groom and abuse them, and sometimes also commit statutory rape.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Please note - Im not being a party pooper at all or create any issue at all as am also looking at this case with interest. The full name of JC is well known to many but has been suppressed in this trial. The article above is old so before any suppression orders were made but her full name is used repeatedly in that article. Not sure if that may present a challenge legally.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
So far we have:

• next door neighbour witnessed ugly argument in backyard where CD intimidated Lynn
  • CD grooms a schoolgirl JC and starts a sexual relationship
  • CD says he dropped Lynn at bus stop to go to Baths but he says she rings him later and tells him she needs space
    - JC moves in and becomes a slave, married and has a child with CD, but divorces, uses LD rings
  • a life insurance policy is forged in wife's name
  • LD has bruises on neck and says to workmate that CD will get rid of her if marriage counselling doesnt work
  • evidence he approached someone to have her killed

Ok

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
So far we have:

• next door neighbour witnessed ugly argument in backyard where CD intimidated Lynn
  • CD grooms a schoolgirl JC and starts a sexual relationship
  • CD says he dropped Lynn at bus stop to go to Baths but he says she rings him later and tells him she needs space
    - JC moves in and becomes a slave, married and has a child with CD, but divorces, uses LD rings
  • a life insurance policy is forged in wife's name
  • LD has bruises on neck and says to workmate that CD will get rid of her if marriage counselling doesnt work
  • evidence he approached someone to have her killed
You can add to that what might be classified as something between an assault and attempted murder, as per a witness account in court today.

'Lynette Dawson told a colleague that in a fight with her husband Chris around the pool of their Sydney home he grabbed the back of her hair and pressed her face in mud, a court has heard.'

'Grantham said Dawson had once appeared “very agitated” when he came to collect Lynette from a weekend market day. She said she raised it the next day, and Lynette “appeared to be worried, hurt”.

“She said to me, ‘yes, he can be very aggressive towards me’,” Grantham said. “She said, ‘one day we were having a fight around the pool, and he actually grabbed me by the back of my hair’.”

Grantham said Lynette told her that her husband had pressed her face on the floor, into the mud, and she “was gasping for breath”.
“I just ... said ‘oh my god, he could’ve killed you’. She said, ‘yes, he could easily have killed me’.”'

Poppy Penny

Senior List
Jan 12, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon

Attachments

• 4115265B-73E4-4C1F-8807-53C11603362B.jpeg
    4115265B-73E4-4C1F-8807-53C11603362B.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 09F9C581-8783-4011-AC79-ED925FBCCA03.jpeg
    09F9C581-8783-4011-AC79-ED925FBCCA03.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 98
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
This phrasing really bothers me and I can't believe it is still in use. Teachers don't have "affairs" with their students. They groom and abuse them, and sometimes also commit statutory rape.

This played out in court today.

'Chris Dawson did not have a “relationship” with the school girl he eventually married but rather allegedly molested the student when he was her teacher, his murder trial has been told.

A friend of the girl known as JC rejected claims by Dawson’s solicitor Greg Walsh that his client and the then teenager had a relationship in 1980 and 1981 before JC had graduated.

It wasn’t a relationship. It was molestation … I object to it being called a relationship,” the friend, known as KL, told the court on Wednesday.
m n
KL said while she was a student, she felt JC and Dawson’s interactions were weird and upsetting.'

'“Didn’t students, to your knowledge, get crushes on teachers?” Walsh asked.
“No, teachers preyed on students,” KL replied.'

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
It's unclear whether this non-publication of something in the 1981 Chris Dawson Police interview video that had been mentioned in closed court, was agreed to by the Judge. Or whether this something has already made it into media reports, and is now required to be redacted.

'By DAVID MURRAY
9:41AM MAY 26, 2022'

'Chris Dawson’s murder trial has resumed on Thursday with brief legal argument over his recorded police interview.
Part of the video of Mr Dawson’s interview with detectives in 1991 was played to the Supreme Court trial in Sydney late on Wednesday.
Crown prosecutor Craig Everson SC asked for non-publication of something in the video that had been mentioned in closed court.'

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
This habit of historically, some police not following up leads and witnesses, needs following up!

9M AGO

Witness felt police 'didn't want to know anything'

DAVID MURRAY
A witness who has given evidence about seeing aggression and violence inside the Dawson family home had first provided a police statement following the launch of The Teacher’s Pet podcast.

BM was at one time a babysitter for Chris and Lyn Dawson.
She told the court she contacted police within a few years of Lynette going missing, after something came up on television about her disappearance.
She spoke to a police officer at the time and provided information and her contact details, and was assured that someone would contact her if more information was needed.
“And they never ever did,” she said.
BM said she had discussed some of what she had witnessed, including the tea towel incident, to the people she was living with at the time she first spoke to police.

She contacted the podcast’s creator, Hedley Thomas, in late May 2018, and had subsequently made a statement to police, the court was told.
“The guilt that I had felt had been building up,” she said.
“I thought the police didn’t want to know anything.
“I listened to the podcast. I thought Hedley was being quite factual in his presentation of the podcast, and I thought I may be able to help in some way with the information that I had.”

5M AGO

BM's conversations with journalist probed

DAVID MURRAY
BM is being questioned at length by defence counsel Pauline David about whether she is lying or exaggerating.
Ms David has pointed out BM’s involvement on Facebook groups, and her contact with journalist Hedley Thomas on birthdays and at Christmas and other occasions.
BM was trying to make herself “relevant” to Lyn’s disappearance, Ms David said.
“Why would I do that?” BM replied.

She is being questioned about what she told Mr Thomas in her recorded interviews, and differences to what she said in her police statement and in court.
BM said she was "just chatting" to the journalist, and wanted to make sure her police statement was thorough.
She had not changed what she saw, but had remembered more details and may have used different words in her descriptions, she said.
"I know what I saw," she said.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
This habit of historically, some police not following up leads and witnesses, needs following up!

9M AGO

Witness felt police 'didn't want to know anything'

DAVID MURRAY
A witness who has given evidence about seeing aggression and violence inside the Dawson family home had first provided a police statement following the launch of The Teacher’s Pet podcast.

BM was at one time a babysitter for Chris and Lyn Dawson.
She told the court she contacted police within a few years of Lynette going missing, after something came up on television about her disappearance.
She spoke to a police officer at the time and provided information and her contact details, and was assured that someone would contact her if more information was needed.
“And they never ever did,” she said.
BM said she had discussed some of what she had witnessed, including the tea towel incident, to the people she was living with at the time she first spoke to police.

She contacted the podcast’s creator, Hedley Thomas, in late May 2018, and had subsequently made a statement to police, the court was told.
“The guilt that I had felt had been building up,” she said.
“I thought the police didn’t want to know anything.
“I listened to the podcast. I thought Hedley was being quite factual in his presentation of the podcast, and I thought I may be able to help in some way with the information that I had.”

5M AGO

BM's conversations with journalist probed

DAVID MURRAY
BM is being questioned at length by defence counsel Pauline David about whether she is lying or exaggerating.
Ms David has pointed out BM’s involvement on Facebook groups, and her contact with journalist Hedley Thomas on birthdays and at Christmas and other occasions.
BM was trying to make herself “relevant” to Lyn’s disappearance, Ms David said.
“Why would I do that?” BM replied.

She is being questioned about what she told Mr Thomas in her recorded interviews, and differences to what she said in her police statement and in court.
BM said she was "just chatting" to the journalist, and wanted to make sure her police statement was thorough.
She had not changed what she saw, but had remembered more details and may have used different words in her descriptions, she said.
"I know what I saw," she said.
It makes me quite annoyed that people either weren't questioned at the time because it was assumed Lyn had gone of her own free will because of the narrative that was being spun.

Also that people that tried to provide information were not able to. While the Defence spin on things was that the police didn't followup on sightings. Why would they need to if an adult left of her own free will.

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Sadly, it's not something a narcissist would do, is it. :mad:
At least it's being made clear to the world what an absolutely despicable human being he is.
This is from 2019...... Chris Dawson, the subject of hit podcast The Teacher’s Pet, has been charged with having sex with an underage girl during his time as a teacher at a Sydney school.

NSW Police said Dawson was charged with “carnal knowledge teacher of girl between the ages of 10 and 17” after an “exhaustive” investigation.

Detectives arrested the man, now aged 70, at Surry Hills Police Station.

“It’s a very serious charge, it does relate to a 1980s charge, hence [the use] of the term carnal knowledge,” Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec told reporters..... however he has remained living in his Gold Coast home and once bragged about spending lots of time in his in-ground pool which is only a few doors away from his brother since the charges were laid. Tough bail conditions? huh?

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Lynette Dawson had been excited about her 4½-year-old daughter starting school when she vanished without a trace from Sydney’s northern beaches in January 1982.
“I’m pretty sure that she had already got the uniform and the shoes,” her colleague Sue Strath told the trial of Chris Dawson, who has pleaded not guilty to murdering his wife four decades ago. During the first two weeks of evidence, family, friends and workmates have told the NSW Supreme Court that Lynette, 33, was a proud and affectionate mother whose world revolved around her two girls. She had waited for years to conceive after marrying Dawson in 1970, and the couple had taken steps towards adoption.
But in the months before she disappeared, her relationship with her husband soured, as the couple’s teenage babysitter and a former student of Dawson, known as JC, moved in and out of their home.
Dawson, the court has heard, had been leaving love letters in the schoolgirl’s bag and in a handwritten card for her 17th birthday in 1981 calling her his “lovely beautiful Bub”.
“Hoping today is a very happy one and knowing we will share all the birthdays to follow. All my love forever,” the card read. JC told the court Dawson had taken her for driving lessons as a way to spend time alone with her and, on one occasion while parked at Dee Why Beach, the court was told, they kissed for the first time.
Then, in the months before Lynette disappeared, JC told the court, that she and Dawson had driven to a building site in western Sydney to speak to a hitman to kill his wife, only for him to later tell the schoolgirl he had got cold feet.
In the weeks before she vanished, Lynette told her sister, Patricia Jenkins, that Dawson was “always so angry with her” and described him as having “black eyes flashing”.
With Lynette’s whereabouts still a mystery 40 years after she left her Bayview home, her brother, Greg Simms, said in his evidence: “I would like an answer to my sister’s disappearance.”

Lynette’s last contact
On her last day of work, as a nurse at Warriewood Children’s Centre on January 8, 1982, Lynette arrived hand-in-hand with Dawson after marriage counselling. She hoped they could “move forward and work together”, her colleagues said.
The Crown alleges Dawson killed Lynette on or around that date, alone or with others, and disposed of her body, motivated by his desire to have an unfettered relationship with JC.
Dawson, now 73, says he dropped his wife off at a Mona Vale bus stop on January 9, and, instead of meeting him as they had arranged at Northbridge Baths, she called him to say “she would not be returning home that day”.
Dawson’s barrister Pauline David said subsequent phone calls were made by Lynette before he reported his wife missing on February 18, 1982.
A newspaper advertisement, published on March 27, the day after their wedding anniversary, read: “Lyn I love you, we all miss you. Please ring. We want you home, Chris.”
Annette Leary, who worked with Lynette, said a couple of months after her disappearance, she had seen Dawson with JC and the two little girls at a shopping centre.
“He said he had a letter from Lyn, and she was in Queensland, and he didn’t know when she was coming back,” Leary said. She denied she was mistaken about the letter, and said he’d had a call too. Dawson told police that, in the calls from Lynette, she said she “needed some time away”. He also mentioned a man from a “religious sect” being at the house.
His barrister claims failures plagued the police investigation, including delays and lost records, and “vital evidence consistent with Lynette Dawson being alive after January 8 and 9” was not available.
The Crown is seeking to disprove reported sightings of Lynette after January 9, including at Kulnura on the Central Coast, Curl Curl, Gladesville and Macquarie Street in the city.
The defence argues Lynette had reasons to disappear.
Chris Dawson and the babysitter
Dawson, who played rugby league for the Newtown Jets, met JC in 1980 when she was in year 11, and he was her physical education teacher. She started babysitting his children about July of that year. “He told me that he had seen me in the playground the year before, when I was 15, and decided that he would like to get to know me better because I was attractive to him,” JC, now 57, said during her four days in the stand. She said that, whenever she had biology, Dawson would leave love notes in her schoolbag.
JC moved into his Bayview home in October 1981 amid what the court has heard was a “horrendous” family life while finishing the HSC. Lynette’s colleagues said she told them Chris was “pressing” her on it and, being the caring “person that she was”, she wanted to help.

Back