Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

I started listening to this podcast a couple of days ago, I'm on to episode 6 and think it's amazing.

Anyway, I was telling my partner and mentioned Cromer High, he said "isn't that where Peter Scott taught?" He was our neighbor here near Byron Bay who was convicted of 13 counts of sexual abuse against five boys in 2014 of offenses that he committed in the 1980's at Cromer High School!

Good to see justice being served on at least one of them, but it looks like it was a free for all in the 80's.

Hi,

Only in 2014 ... at least the cops are moving on it. Hopefully this podcast will see more held accountable.

There's so much to take in every episode, I dont think there's any real big spoilers in here but just in case maybe scroll fast.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I started listening to this podcast a couple of days ago, I'm on to episode 6 and think it's amazing.

Anyway, I was telling my partner and mentioned Cromer High, he said "isn't that where Peter Scott taught?" He was our neighbor here near Byron Bay who was convicted of 13 counts of sexual abuse against five boys in 2014 of offenses that he committed in the 1980's at Cromer High School!

Good to see justice being served on at least one of them, but it looks like it was a free for all in the 80's.
Wow nice pick up! His charges were for 1984-1985 which would have been after the brothers taught there. Similarly he denied all charges. Charges were against boys. I wonder if Hedley is aware of this.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ally-abusing-teenage-boys-20140502-zr3hp.html

less than zero

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi,

Only in 2014 ... at least the cops are moving on it. Hopefully this podcast will see more held accountable.

There's so much to take in every episode, I dont think there's any real big spoilers in here but just in case maybe scroll fast.
Scrolling fast when I see at the beginning of a post "episode 11..." but I'm keen to get through them now so I can keep up to date with you all.

I really like reading the very informative and interesting posts on this true crime board and I tend to loiter but not post.

I'm wondering if the charges against Peter Scott were prompted by the Lyn Dawson investigation, and the boys were underage as well. Can those teachers be actually charged with sexual abuse if their victims were over 16?

I'm wondering if the charges against Peter Scott were prompted by the Lyn Dawson investigation, and the boys were underage as well. Can those teachers be actually charged with sexual abuse if their victims were over 16?

We might find out maybe towards the end. There's no statute of limitations on indictable offences so yes, I think they can still be charged. And I hope they are.

Nice to see you engaging btw :)

less than zero

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been looking at the comments for this but haven't listened to any podcasts ... but 10 million downloads! Wow!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...n/news-story/f93fd3164df2d60d91fb5f0fe1d12a29

The Teacher’s Pet, the chart-topping investigative podcast series by The Australian’s national chief correspondent Hedley Thomas and producer Slade Gibson, has surpassed 10 million downloads.

With almost two in every three downloads of the latest episode coming from outside Australia, the series has brought a global spotlight on the 1982 unsolved disappearance and probable murder of Sydney mother Lyn Dawson.

Launched in May, The Teacher’s Pet is written and produced weekly, allowing new information to be added as it emerges, and will this week reach its 14th episode.

Been looking at the comments for this but haven't listened to any podcasts ... but 10 million downloads! Wow!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...n/news-story/f93fd3164df2d60d91fb5f0fe1d12a29

The Teacher’s Pet, the chart-topping investigative podcast series by The Australian’s national chief correspondent Hedley Thomas and producer Slade Gibson, has surpassed 10 million downloads.

With almost two in every three downloads of the latest episode coming from outside Australia, the series has brought a global spotlight on the 1982 unsolved disappearance and probable murder of Sydney mother Lyn Dawson.

Launched in May, The Teacher’s Pet is written and produced weekly, allowing new information to be added as it emerges, and will this week reach its 14th episode.

When I'd thought true crime pods had peaked with EAR-ONS and it was all downhill from there, Hedley brings us this. Incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he needs something to happen to roll with the momentum. He can only keep it fresh and interesting for so long.
Maybe 1-2 more episodes without any new developments.

There can’t be much material left, they’ve already covered both the coronial inquests.

Neddy Smith's brother in law once played rugby for the Newtown Jets with the Dawson twins. Lyn's sister wrote Neddy a letter asking if he knew anything about a request to have Lyn killed but the prison refused to let him have it.

Maybe a mistake to ask the prison in the first place and alert them to her letter.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...d/news-story/999b833e5b37c141836c2cbf588431ed

"I could never have committed any of the major crimes I did, and got away with them, without the assistance of the NSW police force. They were the best police force that money could buy.” - Neddy Smith

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've been listening to this podcast as well, surely there is a case to be made against Chris for his wife's disappearance.

I understand Paul deserves to answer for his actions with the school girls, though I think suggesting he played a role in Lynn's murder has been included for dramatic effect and probably didn't need to be. I'm yet to hear anything that directly implicates Paul in the murder or even the cover up (other than to repeat what his brother has been saying).

Though it is a podcast, which is ultimately made to entertain, so perhaps including Paul was required after all. I'd be surprised if they bring any charges against Paul in relation to Lynn.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I've been listening to this podcast as well, surely there is a case to be made against Chris for his wife's disappearance.

I understand Paul deserves to answer for his actions with the school girls, though I think suggesting he played a role in Lynn's murder has been included for dramatic effect and probably didn't need to be. I'm yet to hear anything that directly implicates Paul in the murder or even the cover up (other than to repeat what his brother has been saying).

Though it is a podcast, which is ultimately made to entertain, so perhaps including Paul was required after all. I'd be surprised if they bring any charges against Paul in relation to Lynn.
I tend to agree about no charges against Paul. There are a lot of things that are said by the Dawsons as if they are fact when they are very creative. I would be surprised if Marilyn and Paul were away at the time of Lyn's disappearance as was mentioned. I would say at minimum he and Marilyn were aware of what happened.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Anybody else having a problem getting past the 1.43 min mark? It just cuts out but indicates there's still another 15 or 20 minutes left too go on the pod?
I heard the end of it on Friday evening. Was listening via an ipad if that makes a difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back