Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
It's astounding that Harrison concluded he was of good character. A man grooming a teen girl is not of good character. But that's an aside from the murder charge in a way
I expect he was referring his (apparent) good character prior to his affair with an under age girl, this being what led to the murder of his wife.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
The bottom line if he was genuinely innocent there would be an inclination to prove that being honest in testifying. I understand you're not allowed to take that into account but really that's what it says to me
I think he wanted to testify but his legal team talked him out of it.
I thought I read somewhere he was mumbling something of that nature as he was taken from court (I can’t find it now though so perhaps I imagined it)

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Does anyone else have an issue with the name of the Australian Newspaper's Lynette Dawson podcast series (Hedley Thomas)?
1. The Teacher's Pet
2. The Teacher's Trial

With the Teacher's Pet podcast series going to be relaunched tomorrow in an edited format from the original Teacher's Pet podcast series that was geo-blocked for Australian listeners for the last few years, Hedley has one last chance to re-brand/re-name the series more appropriately.

I assume that the name Teachers Pet was referring to J.C. the schoolgirl, and student of Chris Dawson.

Why refer to J.C. as Dawson's Pet, when he has been charged with Carnal knowledge in relation to his student/teacher relationship with her, when he was allegedly sexually grooming her in a criminal manner.

Surely the case is more about Lynette and her family.

Is Hedley saying that Lynette was also his "pet"?

Renaming the revised teacher's Pet podcasts series to something more Lynette Dawson oriented would be more appropriate.
Especially with all the teacher/school and JC related things that appear to be going to be removed in the revised historical podcast series launching tomorrow.

Anyone got any better and more appropriate ideas for title for the Hedley Thomas Lynette Dawson disappearance/murder podcast series?

'Definition of teacher's pet

1: a pupil who has won the teacher's special favor
2: a person who is treated as a favorite by one in authority'

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Does anyone else have an issue with the name of the Australian Newspaper's Lynette Dawson podcast series (Hedley Thomas)?
1. The Teacher's Pet
2. The Teacher's Trial

With the Teacher's Pet podcast series going to be relaunched tomorrow in an edited format from the original Teacher's Pet podcast series that was geo-blocked for Australian listeners for the last few years, Hedley has one last chance to re-brand/re-name the series more appropriately.

I assume that the name Teachers Pet was referring to J.C. the schoolgirl, and student of Chris Dawson.

Why refer to J.C. as Dawson's Pet, when he has been charged with Carnal knowledge in relation to his student/teacher relationship with her, when he was allegedly sexually grooming her in a criminal manner.

Surely the case is more about Lynette and her family.

Is Hedley saying that Lynette was also his "pet"?

Renaming the revised teacher's Pet podcasts series to something more Lynette Dawson oriented would be more appropriate.
Especially with all the teacher/school and JC related things that appear to be going to be removed in the revised historical podcast series launching tomorrow.

Anyone got any better and more appropriate ideas for title for the Hedley Thomas Lynette Dawson disappearance/murder podcast series?

'Definition of teacher's pet

1: a pupil who has won the teacher's special favor
2: a person who is treated as a favorite by one in authority'

"The convicts lament" ?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
With the Teacher's Pet podcast series going to be relaunched tomorrow in an edited format from the original Teacher's Pet podcast series that was geo-blocked for Australian listeners for the last few years
It's out, a few hours early.
Murdoch Australian various media publication subscribers only apparently.
Via their various mobile media Apps podcasts section.

Whilst the original Teachers Pet episodes are being feverishly re-edited, the podcast will be re-released over the next eight weeks, with a new Teacher's Pet episode each Saturday and Wednesday.

The relaunch of Episode 1: "Bayview" is definitely out.
As I've just listened to the opening of it, which explains that it is post trial revised from the original version.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Justice Harrison has just said that the evidence provided does not lead him to conclude that Chris Dawson had a "tendency" of violent/abusive behavior towards Lynette Dawson. (including the Lynette Dawson bruising evidence)
Whatever the verdict, Justice Harrison's conclusion on the matter of domestic violence are not going down well.

He might even be sent on a training course about the history of Domestic Violence, after what he appears to have written in his Dawson Judgement, and said today at trial on this matter and Lynette Dawson.
In tonight's new Teacher's Trial podcast, Justice Harrison came in for some deserved flak, from Justice Harrison using the evidence that Lynette had not talked to her immediate family about being a victim of Domestic violence that caused things like bruising, as evidence that there was no Domestic Violence in their marriage.

IMO, the way Justice Harrison insensitively handled this matter, brought the NSW Justice system into disrepute, and that a public apology from him is warranted.

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party here so forgive me if this question is stupid due to it being covered etc.

Someone mentioned a few posts ago about the actions of Lynette pointing to CD's guilt - I heard that he mentioned she had contacted him several times to claim that she needed more time apart to clear her mind etc.

Though it appears she did not make contact with her direct family according to what I've read so far. Was this strange behaviour for her or was she somewhat estranged from them - I haven't yet ascertained this part.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party here so forgive me if this question is stupid due to it being covered etc.

Someone mentioned a few posts ago about the actions of Lynette pointing to CD's guilt - I heard that he mentioned she had contacted him several times to claim that she needed more time apart to clear her mind etc.

Though it appears she did not make contact with her direct family according to what I've read so far. Was this strange behaviour for her or was she somewhat estranged from them - I haven't yet ascertained this part.
Dawson lied about her contacting him after he killed her. That she didn't contact any of her friends or family whatsoever is clear evidence that he killed her.

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Dawson lied about her contacting him after he killed her. That she didn't contact any of her friends or family whatsoever is clear evidence that he killed her.

Yeah OK, I was drawing to that conclusion for myself. In the absence of any contact made to her immediate family you can't help but jump to your own conclusion on this - though I'm sure others think differently (mental demons, perhaps.. though I think that would be drawing a long bow.)

Trying to catch up, did we find out who the woman was that rang the swimming pool canteen to ask to speak to CD or did the judge dismiss the call as a fabrication, that there was no call? And what was the outcome of the investigations in to who used the credit card after Lyn went missing to buy womenswear at the strip shops?

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah OK, I was drawing to that conclusion for myself. In the absence of any contact made to her immediate family you can't help but jump to your own conclusion on this - though I'm sure others think differently (mental demons, perhaps.. though I think that would be drawing a long bow.)
I was trying to make the point that it's not just her family. People do become estranged from family but she didn't call even one of her friends? Nobody but the abusive child raping husband? I don't think so and neither did the judge.

In tonight's new Teacher's Trial podcast, Justice Harrison came in for some deserved flak, from Justice Harrison using the evidence that Lynette had not talked to her immediate family about being a victim of Domestic violence that caused things like bruising, as evidence that there was no Domestic Violence in their marriage.

IMO, the way Justice Harrison insensitively handled this matter, brought the NSW Justice system into disrepute, and that a public apology from him is warranted.

Shown up for not being as across the dynamics of DV and interpersonal violence as we might expect from a judge presiding over this case. There's so many reasons why Lyn wouldn't have told anybody in her immediate family she was a victim of DV, the list is really long. Shame would factor in but there's many other reasons as well why she'd have tried to keep it quiet and would be more inclined to cover for him on probing. Mostly, I've got the impression that she would have simply kept trying harder to be the perfect wife and mother.

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Again, looking at some of the stuff I've read and in particular the logs of phone calls between Chris and his brother. Is there no notion that either Paul himself was the perpetrator or was an accomplice that Chris would not throw under the bus?

The phone call mentioned at the baths where witnesses claimed that CD appeared to be dejected or flat after the phone call, who's to say that in some sort of made-for-television script that that phone call was Paul letting Chris know that his attempts to tell LD to bugger off out of CDs life took a turn for the worse and he accidently killed her and needed CDs help to cover it up?

Without going and reading 200 pages of the verdict and more (again, late comer to the party here but was enthralled in the very late stages of the trial) it does seem that there is an opinion that can be formed but whether it is 100% "beyond reasonable doubt" seems to be dubious somewhat

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
There's so many reasons why Lyn wouldn't have told anybody in her immediate family she was a victim of DV, the list is really long. Shame would factor in but there's many other reasons as well why she'd have tried to keep it quiet and would be more inclined to cover for him on probing. Mostly, I've got the impression that she would have simply kept trying harder to be the perfect wife and mother.

In the 1980s it still wasn't really 'acceptable' for women to speak up about DV either - they were more or less still encouraged to get on with it and ignore it.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
The other one.

There car number plates were "Twin 1" and "Twin 2"
Yes. Chris was Twin 2.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 11.25.37 am.png

'They refer to themselves as “1 Twin” and “2 Twin”, with the latter referring to Chris as he was born after his brother.'

Back