Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Is this true or just another ruse?

Lynelle Dawson, Peter's first wife gave testimony to this fact. Spot the differences here.

I think her mother Marcia Hatton had gone to live in a boarding house taking her clothes and other belongings. Lynelle and other siblings were taken to visit her a number of times. Marcia moved from this location and didn't leave a forwarding address or phone number.

When Lynelle or another family member were doing a family tree, they discovered a death notice for a Marcia with a different surname in 2002 in New Zealand but the same date of birth.

She had remarried a couple of times and gone to New Zealand. She went missing in the 1960s when you only needed a drivers licence to fly to New Zealand. From 1 July 1981 you needed a passport to go to New Zealand which was one of the places CD said Lyn may have gone.

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Is Chris Dawson the longest standing person in Australia who has been able to remain in his home while delaying this case constantly? He should have been convicted of the carnal knowledge charge(s) from the get go for starters. The Dawson's have a relative who is high up in the legal factor, can't remember if he was a prosecutor or what but it gave Dawson a look of smugness constantly.

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Paul Dawsons property should have been closely examined forensically also

Attachments

• 4FC1C1BB00000578-6157733-Chris_and_Paul_Dawson_lived_just_a_few_hundred_metres_from_each_-a-12...jpg
    4FC1C1BB00000578-6157733-Chris_and_Paul_Dawson_lived_just_a_few_hundred_metres_from_each_-a-12...jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 30

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
So all of the reported witnesses will be for the defence?

JC would be witness that they were intimate. This time CD would have to testify to say they weren't. Maybe a witness to testify of teacher and student status respectively and that they were close and went to school.

The charges arise from strike force Southwood which was set up to investigate Northern Beaches area historic sexual assault cases between teachers and students. Apart from CD there was another charge against a 67 yo five dock woman who at the time was teacher between 1978 and 1980 aged between 25 and 27 of a young girl between 14 and 16......."assault female and act of indecency" Beacon Hill High

Miragenews
12/11/20
Former teacher charged assaulting female student

Seems to be a sprinkling of western Sydney cases too on these type cases. Must be a real push to rip the scab off the extent of criminal activity when the behaviour seemingly was accepted. At my High School it was a known fact the hottest girl in school started a relationship year 11 with male teacher. I cant remember his name but can hers. Perhaps I should report it??? If she hasn't though that would be an invasion of privacy??

Story

Senior List
Apr 17, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
Lynelle Dawson, Peter's first wife gave testimony to this fact. Spot the differences here.

I think her mother Marcia Hatton had gone to live in a boarding house taking her clothes and other belongings. Lynelle and other siblings were taken to visit her a number of times. Marcia moved from this location and didn't leave a forwarding address or phone number.

When Lynelle or another family member were doing a family tree, they discovered a death notice for a Marcia with a different surname in 2002 in New Zealand but the same date of birth.

She had remarried a couple of times and gone to New Zealand. She went missing in the 1960s when you only needed a drivers licence to fly to New Zealand. From 1 July 1981 you needed a passport to go to New Zealand which was one of the places CD said Lyn may have gone.

Yes, very different events.
When I heard the story about Peter Dawson's mother-in-law leaving her family, I wondered if it had given an 'idea' to CD

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Perspective. I was a year 10 and thought she was great admired from a distance. I didn't have a chance and as common with younger guys didn't know it. From MY point of view yes that's what happened because she was older than me and it seemed perfectly normal at the time she should hook up with a much older guy because she could. Looking now ANY relationship with a teacher is just plain wrong but honestly at the time as a 16 yo it wasn't the way I saw it at all

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
witness in the sense someone knowing seeing intercourse. There may be witnesses attesting to closeness but ultimately I suspect the essential testimony has to be JC and CD.
And possibly the accused's twin brother.

Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Threesome GIF by Bravo TV

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Mr Walsh also said that Mr Dawson was “fit” but only “just so” to stand trial after he collapsed in the street fractured his hip possibly from a brain injury sustained from his years playing rugby.
So we can assume that the accused's rugby pro twin brother also possibly has a brain injury, and that any evidence, statements, denials, or do not recall's that the twin brother has given, might also have been affected by a possible brain injury sustained from his years playing Rugby.

Have either of the twin brother's had a brain scan to assess a possible brain injury sustained from years playing Rugby?
If not, why not?

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
So we can assume that the accused's rugby pro twin brother also possibly has a brain injury, and that any evidence, statements, denials, or do not recall's that the twin brother has given, might also have been affected by a possible brain injury sustained from his years playing Rugby.

Have either of the twin brother's had a brain scan to assess a possible brain injury sustained from years playing Rugby?
If not, why not?

A few studies done about Concussions but they are mainly in the professional era. The tests were with MRIs. You would have to think that if there was brain injuries as suggested that an MRI would be the first step.

Early onset dementia is a side affect in a few cases. He didn't claim that in the murder trial so doubtful for the next trial and probably not early onset at 70+

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) can only be diagnosed after death. Maybe they have been reading medical journals. He seemed okay before charges were laid.

Symptoms:

"The effects of CTE can include:​

• Difficulties with balance and motor skills
  • Depression
  • Disturbances to memory
  • Staggered gait
  • Psychotic symptoms
  • Significant behavioral changes such as aggression or depression
  • Initial symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (Mckee et al. 2010)"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
The charges arise from strike force Southwood which was set up to investigate Northern Beaches area historic sexual assault cases between teachers and students.

Some more on this strike force from a few days ago.

'01:20 AEST, 24 July 2022 | UPDATED: 01:49 AEST, 24 July 2022'

'The Strike Force is investigating up to 20 teachers some of whose alleged victims claim they used 'their position to have sex with students' amid a 'beach culture' at a time when teacher sex with teens was seen 'as no big deal'.

One former student of one of the high schools under investigation told Daily Mail Australia that her teacher had hit on every girl in his class and that 'we were all encouraged to go to local pubs underaged at the request of teachers'.'

'preyed on girls from broken homes'

''It was a breeding ground for what was essentially paedophiles.'

'Teacher records dating back 40 years have been handed to police investigating claims staff groomed and hunted students for sex.

Compensation claimants against the NSW Department of Education are seeking payouts of up to hundreds of thousands of dollars for psychological harm from being taken advantage of by teachers.

Should former teachers be charged with the offence of having sex with pupils under the age of 17, they could face up to 14 years' jail.

The Department of Education has confirmed it handed over files from three schools to Strike Force Southwood.'

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
The latest version of the podcast is out. Episode 13 Twins Unplugged.

There is an interview with Gary Jubelin about how all parties would be feeling, from a defence attorney about the court processes. There are also actors re-enacting the phone calls of Paul and Chris after the sketches of Lyn's children were reported to police and in the media. This was in 2013 well after the inquests.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
The latest version of the podcast is out. Episode 13 Twins Unplugged.

There is an interview with Gary Jubelin about how all parties would be feeling, from a defence attorney about the court processes. There are also actors re-enacting the phone calls of Paul and Chris after the sketches of Lyn's children were reported to police and in the media. This was in 2013 well after the inquests.

Just finished listening to it.

It also includes a memorable phone tap of Chris Dawson where he call's Hedley Thomas something that rhymes with "ducking banker", as though Hedley will get to hear of this, on the basis that the phone call is being tapped and that it might get back to Hedley because of this.

During discussion of Dawson's tapped phone calls, the hosts mention that they won't have access to the full version's of some of the tapped calls until after the trial process is concluded, as they were only able to access some very short released to media parts so far.

And at the end of the podcast, the hosts say that further episodes in the series will include more phone call excerpts.

Dusty 17

Debutant
Feb 23, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
After listening to current Podcast, regardless of upcoming verdict, my heart absolutely breaks for Lynette’s family.

My heart breaks for Lyn - but her family should have been on the doorstep the next day, not writing in diaries and meeting Dawson at the pool. Having had a similar sounding mother, I am afraid that there were women who sided with the abuser. Lyn had bruises, fingermarks on her arm and the result of a kick tp her thigh. She was pushed into the mud, and the next door neighbours heard that and other arguments. Lyn was let down by everyone.
Absolutely everyone.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
My heart breaks for Lyn - but her family should have been on the doorstep the next day, not writing in diaries and meeting Dawson at the pool. Having had a similar sounding mother, I am afraid that there were women who sided with the abuser. Lyn had bruises, fingermarks on her arm and the result of a kick tp her thigh. She was pushed into the mud, and the next door neighbours heard that and other arguments. Lyn was let down by everyone.
Absolutely everyone.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

It's very easy to write that based of 2022 standards of both gender equality and connectivity through social media.

You forget the power dynamics that men had over women back then and that it was perfectly normal to go months without speaking to people because of limited Tech.

Her mum was a victim, as we are her friends too. I strongly disagree with your position.

It's very easy to write that based of 2022 standards of both gender equality and connectivity through social media.

You forget the power dynamics that men had over women back then and that it was perfectly normal to go months without speaking to people because of limited Tech.

Her mum was a victim, as we are her friends too. I strongly disagree with your position.

It still goes on though Craffles, if it's not so easy to disappear someone. We think we've come a long way since then and I thought we had too but there's still a long way to go, we can't take it for granted.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Listened to podcast 14 of teachers trial....memory lane. Two things struck me from contents both of which once again we're damning of the podcast credibility.

It was mentioned that whilst a regional police officer early in his career that Damian Loone had been castigated for having attended a dress up party as a black faced then deceased death in custody first nations person. The podcast defended him as the mistake having been silly mistake not having any impact on his role. Wow. Perhaps a mistake but also imo indicative of the perceived problem I saw in the duration of trial ....an inability by Loone to maintain objectivity and independence free from bias. Failure to take the record of interview of that kiosk worker, inability to recognize that JC despite being unlikely to be involved still had a motive....the two are different. He couldn't see it. Wow. The podcast is wrong. A policeman's character and integrity and capacity for bias directly affects the process through which the criminal case has been compiled. Absolutely it's relevant.

At 23'30" a taped phone call was replayed and in it there was mention that A Leary. wasn't at work on the 8th Jan, had said she saw bruises caused in the lift (which can't appear in hours) when she couldn't have, and that LD had told her what happened in the lift throat grab when she wasn't at work. Obvious mistake and the podcast simply said......'she has been consistent with her testimony from the start'. Not even highlighting it was just BS. If something is mistaken you say so. Failure to do so undermines credibility of podcast completely

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
the only thing interesting in the last 3 episodes was the conversation with a defence attorney about having a judge only trial and the process he has to go through to reach a decision.
the rest has all been (heavily biased) filler and fluff.

I’ll wait for the verdict before I bother to listen again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back