Analysis The Temple of Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a joke?

Stanley was traded after being pretty average and now can't cement a game at Geelong.

Armitage was a top ten draft pick and lets be honest, he hasn't had a great AFL career, probably one really good season.

Do you honestly think anyone cares that Lonie is named in a forward pocket ahead of Acres? I'm sure he knows mid week if he is playing or not so the only people it affects are us punters wondering what the final 22 will be.

The point is that Lonie doesn't deserve to be in the team ahead of Acres.

Good players like Riewoldt or Montagna or even Gresham don't get named on the bench. yet Acres is and Lonie isn't when Acres shits on Lonie as a player.

The point is that Lonie doesn't deserve to be in the team ahead of Acres.

Good players like Riewoldt or Montagna or even Gresham don't get named on the bench. yet Acres is and Lonie isn't when Acres shits on Lonie as a player.
He's not in the team ahead of Acres though. It's like whinging because Brown is ahead of Lonie. Do you think Acres should be playing deep forward and told to get in and under and apply pressure?

I think he plays much better as a high half forward spending time on the ball (hopefully more time going forward)

I was one of the few people here that stuck by Geary here as well and the people that bagged him know who they are.

Dont crap on. There were plenty on hre who could see Geary's worth.

And Lonie is a forward pocket FFS.

Really the irrelevance of your whinge is epic.

Two different type players .
But Lonie isnt great at his craft.
Mitchington , Sinclair and now Long are better small forward options .

Dont crap on. There were plenty on hre who could see Geary's worth.

And Lonie is a forward pocket FFS.

Really the irrelevance of your whinge is epic.

OK go and bring up the posts of other people sticking up for Geary like I have.

I bet you can't find them.

I like the idea of Acres now being considered a lock for the 22. Sure he might have some down games, but most of the time he produces, and often in spades. He brings much needed X-factor to our team, and he's developing.

Potting lonie though is a bit rich, he puts on the jumper and gives his all. Like him or not no need 2 pot hashtag

This isn't about Acres v Lonie you morans

I want Acres to start in our best 18, Lonie should be in the 7 man bench mix with Sinclair

Then Sinclair starts for us and Lonie plays VFL.

It's not rocket science FFS.
So Acres needs to be named on the ground, while Lonie and Sinclair are named on the bench, so who starts in the forward pocket as the small forward? Sinclair or Acres?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK go and bring up the posts of other people sticking up for Geary like I have.

I bet you can't find them.
That is ridiculous. What are you a 12 y.o?

If you think you were the only one to post positive things about Geary you are deluded.

Fair dinkum talk about thinking highly of yourself.

I get our opinions differ, but to compare us to an infamous Melbourne crime family - scandalous! :eek:

I thought Morans were those big buttoned leather couches my mum used to have. I was pissed off at being compared to a dated seating arrangement.

Acres played this week ? What's the point then ?

He also plays a different position than Lonie - who was actually pretty good today, loved his aggression and getting under C'woood's players skin. A true small forward, great to have him in our best 22 (see what I did there ?).

You do realize that the team sheet that gets sent to the AFL/oppo club is rubbish anyway right...

Carlton had Levi Casboult listed in the ruck against GC on Saturday night.

This has to be one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen.

I'm just stoked Tex Perkins is a Saints supporter.

Actually saw Tex perform last night....with a great saints supporting media person and a former much loved player!! Had a few beers with the man after the gig....great night had by all!! And we were all of the opinion that Acres is a gun!! :laughing:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back