Analysis The Temple of Acres

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
How much does this kid have to do to be named in our best 18 on the ground?

He showed today he is one of our best young players and prime movers along with Gresham.

He was named on our extended bench for this game while Lonie was named on the ground.

Is anyone going to tell me Lonie deserves to be a lock ahead of Acres? Something ain't right there.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Well when the teams are announced for a Sunday game and Lonie is named on the field and Acres is named on a 7 man bench, questions need to be asked.

If you're a good player you deserve to be named on field, Acres deserves that, Lonie doesn't.

Lonie deserves to be dropped so why he isn't he named on the 7 man bench rather than Acres?

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
It's almost like they play completely different roles?

What's Lonie's role? To do f*** all or act like a tough man when someone else does something good and get pushed over?

Why the hell is Lonie a lock in our best 18 and Acres isn't? And why is Lonie in our f***ing team at all?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Well when the teams are announced for a Sunday game and Lonie is named on the field and Acres is named on a 7 man bench, questions need to be asked.

If you're a good player you deserve to be named on field, Acres deserves that, Lonie doesn't.

Lonie deserves to be dropped so why he isn't he named on the 7 man bench rather than Acres?

He knows he is playing. Couldn't matter at less to be honest.

maanco

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

He showed today he is one of our best young players and prime movers along with Gresham.

He was named on our extended bench for this game while Lonie was named on the ground.

Is anyone going to tell me Lonie deserves to be a lock ahead of Acres? Something ain't right there.
Yoou are looking to deep into this. you can be dropped from the best 18 too

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

There is a saying in basketball, it doesn't matter which five start, it's which five finish the match that counts.

sonnywalters

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2014
Newcastle NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am with the OP.
Look at Rd 1. Lonie got a game and Acres didnt. This is the kind of decision that meakes me completely doubt the coach's cognitive faculties and makes him lose credibility. I mean it isnt even a decision. There is no universe where Lonie should get selected ahead of Aces. They arent even in the same category. It is bizarre. Did Blake bang the coach's wife? I mean besides run around like Scrappy Doo - Lonie doesnt really do much.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I am with the OP.
Look at Rd 1. Lonie got a game and Acres didnt. This is the kind of decision that meakes me completely doubt the coach's cognitive faculties and makes him lose credibility. I mean it isnt even a decision. There is no universe where Lonie should get selected ahead of Aces. They arent even in the same category. It is bizarre. Did Blake bang the coach's wife? I mean besides run around like Scrappy Doo - Lonie doesnt really do much.
So Lonie and Acres play the same position?

Its like saying Hickey shouldnt get a game when McKenzie isnt.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
This isn't about Lonie (who I think should be dropped for Sinclair)

This is about Acres and Gresham who are two of our best youngsters.

I was on the Steven, Armitage and Geary train back when I first started posting here and look how they've come on.

I also backed Stanley who is now going great guns at Geelong.

I have a good track record at knowing who will be our gun youngsters.

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

I was on the Steven, Armitage and Geary train back when I first started posting here and look how they've come on.

Didn't Stanley get dropped for the cats this week or last?

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

Is this a joke?

Stanley was traded after being pretty average and now can't cement a game at Geelong.

Armitage was a top ten draft pick and lets be honest, he hasn't had a great AFL career, probably one really good season.

Do you honestly think anyone cares that Lonie is named in a forward pocket ahead of Acres? I'm sure he knows mid week if he is playing or not so the only people it affects are us punters wondering what the final 22 will be.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Didn't Stanley get dropped for the cats this week or last?

Horses for courses.

Stanley has been pretty good for the Cats, there's times we could have done with him.

I was one of the few people here that stuck by Geary here as well and the people that bagged him know who they are.

Back