Analysis The Temple of Acres

TheBalls

Cancelled
Aug 26, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Brendan Goddard has already started working on the script for the GOAT's movie once Blake plays his 300th game for us.
Blacres.jpeg

Last edited:

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's his ability to evade players that makes him unique. He's like half eel half goat.
Its not just that. It's precisely this strength which is why is so unique and dominant. Very few big bodied midfielders have the evasiveness. Eg Mundy, Burgouyne, Pendlebury. These guys have such good spacial awareness and move into free spaces in the contest so well that they (especially Pendles) never get tackled. The kicker with Acres is he has this evasiveness but also when he does get tackled which I think will become less and less as he gets better at the above is that he is so good at getting his hands free and finding a team mate. This is more of the the Josh Kennedy, Patrick Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe etc. The hybrid of both of these styles is why he is so difficult to match up on. Add in his elite running power and his ability to rack up huge numbers I think in the next 50 games he is gonna rise so quickly people will start to realise.

Last edited:

StKing11

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2015
Tasmania
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, LeBron James

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
How much does this kid have to do to be named in our best 18 on the ground?

He showed today he is one of our best young players and prime movers along with Gresham.

He was named on our extended bench for this game while Lonie was named on the ground.

Is anyone going to tell me Lonie deserves to be a lock ahead of Acres? Something ain't right there.
And people say you know nothing about football. Ingum chickens * em.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Just somehow stumbled upon this brilliance on google :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: lmfao! Which one of you made this?

This is brilliant. I love that in the last bits you can hear goats in the background as well, it's as if the GOAT himself is endorsing the greatness of the video!

Richo: I’ll play you in the midfield, can you do it?

Acres: I’m a ******* wildebeest

LMAO

And going by last week's game he's obviously off the NO - DOZ :D

Its not just that. It's precisely this strength which is why is so unique and dominant. Very few big bodied midfielders have the evasiveness. Eg Mundy, Burgouyne, Pendlebury. These guys have such good spacial awareness and move into free spaces in the contest so well that they (especially Pendles) never get tackled. The kicker with Acres is he has this evasiveness but also when he does get tackled which I think will become less and less as he gets better at the above is that he is so good at getting his hands free and finding a team mate. This is more of the the Josh Kennedy, Patrick Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe etc. The hybrid of both of these styles is why he is so difficult to match up on. Add in his elite running power and his ability to rack up huge numbers I think in the next 50 games he is gonna rise so quickly people will start to realise.

He's like a greased pig, they tackle and slip off him like they're not really trying and he just lopes away like he wasn't phased to begin with. He's not really like any of those guys you mentioned even though they are all bigger bodied like him. He's kind of unpredictable, he looks like he runs counter to what people expect he'll do next. Sometimes it looks like he didn't now he was going to do what he just did. He's a unique player.

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
I said half way through last year that he reminded me of Shaun Burgoyne. I know it's been posted on here by others too but I just think the similarity is strong. He's evasive without being quick and hard to tackle. He's a good kick for goal and has great upper body strength like Burgoyne. Let's hope he turns out half as good and plays in as many finals !

We'll still have to put up with some of his occasional stuff ups but I think they will get fewer and far between as time passes. I think by year end he will definitely be the Seb Ross type improver of this season. Hopefully, even better.

Back