The Law The Terrorism Files - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know brother. Given the festive spirit of the season I trying to be nice.

ie asylum seekers
- we have the second largest resettlement of refugees on the planet (second only to the US)

Sending them to Cambodia, Myanmar, Iraq, Somalia Bhutan is a soft cope out IMO ...

Do you mean in percentage terms? i find it hard to believe given the number other countries ie. italy get compared to aust.
If not, perhaps other nations boarding war-torn regions allow people to actually live in the country and try to have a life and some type of happiness?

it makes me laugh cause i think of the aussie 'fair go' spirit.
" i just failed two oceans on a crap dingy," " can i come in?"
"no mate rack off"

- we have set up a policy to stop boats which causes unbelievable pain and suffering on the oceans

Yes my friend.

However, when a little girl is having ger clitoris cut off unless she gets on a boat

or a young girl raped

or a young lady shot

etc. etc.

they choose to get on a boat. instead of having such horrid things happen.

and you and your unusual. mindset chums would be happy for them to die at sea or worse fates.

And yet your mate above, is getting sad, cause i think "australia is not very nice"

well i am sorry brother but we are not very nice.

*i did not read the second part of your post yet, as its quite an upsetting topic and i will take a break now. i am sure it was similar rubbish equal to the first section

Good day sir.

I guess you can chose to see just the horrors that tens of millions suffer around the world or you can chose to see how we are actively trying to make a difference by having a quota of over 100,000 immigrants each year and 13,000 on compassionate grounds.

I understand this 13,000 is the second highest intake, by number, in the world.

EFA above

"Australia ranked second in 2012 for the resettlement of refugees per capita (0.267 refugees per 1,000 population) beaten only by Canada (0.283 per 1,000). In absolute terms the top three resettlement countries were America (66,300), Canada (9,600) and Australia (5,900)."

EFA above

"Australia ranked second in 2012 for the resettlement of refugees per capita (0.267 refugees per 1,000 population) beaten only by Canada (0.283 per 1,000). In absolute terms the top three resettlement countries were America (66,300), Canada (9,600) and Australia (5,900)."

I don't think a lot of people realise how few refugees get resettled through the resettlement program.

Its never going to be a case of a million arrivals in a year (at least not without some huge catastrophe related to the environment, like the Bangladesh in global warming scenario mentioned earlier)

I don't think a lot of people realise how few refugees get resettled through the resettlement program.

Its never going to be a case of a million arrivals in a year (at least not without some huge catastrophe related to the environment, like the Bangladesh in global warming scenario mentioned earlier)

It would be interesting to see what happens in the case as you mention. Historically when there has been a mass starvation event like Russia, North Korea, China and the Khmer Rouge the armies simply killed those trying to flee thus the mass exodus was contained.

But you are a conservative, so that's what you meant. Because anyone who doesn't vote Greens is an evil racist.

Interesting you mention the Greens - after the farce that was #I'llRideWithYou, it's clear there is at least one of there former candidates who holds a very warped, dare I say it racist, view of Anglo Celtic/Saxon/White Australia....but that's ok isn't it?

Interesting you mention the Greens - after the farce that was #I'llRideWithYou, it's clear there is at least one of there former candidates who holds a very warped, dare I say it racist, view of Anglo Celtic/Saxon/White Australia....but that's ok isn't it?

Was it a farce, though? #I'llRideWithYou was meant to be a reassurance to Australian Muslims that we don't regard them as 'The Enemy' - even in the face of acts of terror by hardline Islamists.

The message was sound, RP. In what way do you regard it as farce?

Was it a farce, though? #I'llRideWithYou was meant to be a reassurance to Australian Muslims that we don't regard them as 'The Enemy' - even in the face of acts of terror by hardline Islamists.

The message was sound, RP. In what way do you regard it as farce?

Because even whilst we still had Australian's staring down a madman's gun barrel, there was a section of the nation whose immediate concerns obviously weren't focused on the lives of the hostages - rather they were primarily concerned with promoting an imagined Anglo driven menace where Muslims can't go out in public without risking being bashed or killed.

Literally 'imagined' in regards to the racist anti white former Greens candidate who birthed the whole episode.

Because even whilst we still had Australian's staring down a madman's gun barrel, there was a section of the nation whose immediate concerns obviously weren't focused on the lives of the hostages - rather they were primarily concerned with promoting an imagined Anglo driven menace where Muslims can't go out in public without risking being bashed or killed.

Literally 'imagined' in regards to the racist anti white former Greens candidate who birthed the whole episode.

It can definitely be interpreted that way. Calming inter-cultural tensions in a time of crisis is VITAL in the prevention of further crimes, though. Muslims can't think 'they hate us all' if we continuously reach out to them, can they?

The 'us/them' mindset plays a part in breeding terrorism. As a former police officer yourself, surely you see the value in active crime prevention through the removal of root causes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can definitely be interpreted that way. Calming inter-cultural tensions in a time of crisis is VITAL in the prevention of further crimes, though. Muslims can't think 'they hate us all' if we continuously reach out to them, can they?

The 'us/them' mindset plays a part in breeding terrorism. As a former police officer yourself, surely you see the value in active crime prevention through the removal of root causes?

And you don't think the women behind the initial hashtag with the made up story about being on the Brisbane train etc is part of the problem in regards the 'us/them' mindset?

She and her ilk are out there effectively serving (albeit unintentionally) to promote the idea that Muslims are at risk of violence from non Muslims....and based on what exactly? A gut feeling? An inherently negative, warped view of Australia's Anglo population more like.

Obviously there has been some flogs about as there always is and always will be - but thankfully there behaviour has largely been limited to spray paint, verbals, and the occasional pigs head over a fence. I'm not defending that sort of behaviour either, but the way some people were carrying on it's as though we had been in the grip of some national epidemic of Muslim's being beaten and killed in the community.

It's a total load of crap.

Australian's en masse, are a far more kind hearted, fair minded, tolerant lot than they are given credit for in my opinion - the fact we haven't seen anything flare up in the wake of what happened is proof of that I would of thought.

And you don't think the women behind the initial hashtag with the made up story about being on the Brisbane train etc is part of the problem in regards the 'us/them' mindset?

She and her ilk are out there effectively serving (albeit unintentionally) to promote the idea that Muslims are at risk of violence from non Muslims....and based on what exactly? A gut feeling? An inherently negative, warped view of Australia's Anglo population more like.

Obviously there has been some flogs about as there always is and always will be - but thankfully there behaviour has largely been limited to spray paint, verbals, and the occasional pigs head over a fence. I'm not defending that sort of behaviour either, but the way some people were carrying on it's as though we had been in the grip of some national epidemic of Muslim's being beaten and killed in the community.

Australian's en masse, are a far more kind hearted, fair minded, tolerant lot than they are given credit for in my opinion - the fact we haven't seen anything flare up in the wake of what happened is proof of that I would of thought.

You obviously have bugger all idea what #Illridewithyou was about based on your completely ignorant posts.

Correction. What YOU think it was really about.
You ignorance is plain for all to see.

It wasn't just me.

Nor was it just News Ltd columnists.

Plenty of fair minded people took offence to the clear implication that Muslims need protection from the so called clear and present threat of the violent, rabid, racist Australian hordes.

The great elephant in the room of course is the chalk and cheese 'retaliations' we saw in regards to the Lindt Cafe siege in contrast to the Cronulla Beach riot.

In one event in the aftermath of ongoing attacks on lifeguards and harassment of females, a few hundred turn up at Cronulla Beach for a 'protest'...they get on the drink, it ends up getting ugly - no one injured mind you.

The response (presumably from the Lebanese Muslim community)....

Consecutive nights of unprovoked violent assaults on random members of the public (at least one stabbing), massive damage to property, cars, flags being urinated on.

The other event involved a Muslim fundamentalist storming a building, waving a black flag around, holding hostages at gunpoint, ended with two dead.

The response (from the allegedly racist, bigoted, Australian community apparently likely to bash and kill Muslims on trains)....

Flowers, and grieving.

And yet the perception is it's Muslims that are the ones who need someone to 'ride with them' and it's Aussies that are the violent thugs?

Right.

And for what it's worth, I'm not having a go at Muslims for that...it's those on the far left we have to thank unfortunately.

Last edited:

I agree with the bolded 100%. It's a damn shame that the media operates by hyping the negative of the 1% of the population while ignoring the 99% who, as you say, are kind-hearted and fair minded.

This goes for our Muslim population, too. According to the framework of my argument the hardliners are one-percenters too, yet they hog all the coverage. The action of one lone gunman drowns out and shouts down the voices of a hundred Muslims who themselves are kind-hearted and fair-minded.

You yourself feast on this negativity - I don't actually think you're a hater per se, but you seize on the negative, RP. Don't let the media do that to you.

And for what it's worth, I'm not having a go at Muslims for that...it's those on the far left we have to thank unfortunately.

Bla Bla Bla...wipe the dribble from your chin, you are embarrassing yourself.

1. Stop making excuses for the Cronulla rioters.
2. It's not either or. It is possible to have compassion for those affected by the events at Martin Place whilst at the same time taking a stand against idiots (like yourself) that think those events give you some sort of right to target innocent people.
3. Your thinly veiled bigotry is quite sad.

Bla Bla Bla...wipe the dribble from your chin, you are embarrassing yourself.

2. It's not either or. It is possible to have compassion for those affected by the events at Martin Place whilst at the same time taking a stand against idiots (like yourself) that think those events give you some sort of right to target innocent people.
3. Your thinly veiled bigotry is quite sad.

I'm sorry whereabouts have I suggested anyone has the right to target innocent people?

Direct quote would be great.

And I didn't make any excuses for the Cronulla rioters.

I simply placed one 'flashpoint' besides the other and compared the respective 'reactions'.

The sad truth is, as much as the radical left loves to hold up the Cronulla Riot (daytime events obviously - you won't hear a peep out of them about the so called 'payback attacks' the following nights - and you definitely won't hear anything about the fact the wider community didn't then in turn return fire) as irrefutable damning proof that everything they say about the inherently racist, intolerant Anglo Australian population is true, it's fundamentally offensive in the extreme to compare that day to what we saw happen in Sydney at the Lindt Cafe.

That was clearly on a totally different scale and you know it.

And I didn't make any excuses for the Cronulla rioters..

Bla bla bla. You are still dribbling.
Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

2. In order to help yourself the first thing you need to do is admit you have a problem.
3. I'll give you a hint. Starts with 'b' and ends in 'igot'.

Bla bla bla. You are still dribbling.
Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

2. In order to help yourself the first thing you need to do is admit you have a problem.
3. I'll give you a hint. Starts with 'b' and ends in 'igot'.

So I'm assuming all you have left is cheap personal snipes?

You do realise what that means don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back