List Mgmt. The "They called it" Trade Rumour Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll put my hand up, can't figure out how to quote myself but I put in the trade thread I've gotten word that we're keen on Charlie Spargo and that hasn't changed

Glad Higgins is going to Geelong.

Every time S**t has hit the fan at his current club he couldn’t get out quick enough.
Another way to look at it is every club he's been at has ended up in the s**t (us in 2014, Norf in 2020). Cause-and-effect? Or just coincidence?

Hope he can make it three in a row. He'll be 33 in March. Get cracking Shaun! Not much time left to get your hat trick.

Would’ve been ideal but unfortunately that’s probably not an option after SP played hardball with Keath. There’s some resentment there and a spiteful bid is predicted.
What happen between the two clubs was not a bad thing. Adelaide made out they got reamed but behind closed doors it was not that thought at all.

Another way to look at it is every club he's been at has ended up in the sh*t (us in 2014, Norf in 2020). Cause-and-effect? Or just coincidence?

Hope he can make it three in a row. He'll be 33 in March. Get cracking Shaun! Not much time left to get your hat trick.

Are you saying North 2022 Premiership?

ThePhreshOne you mentioned we were considering paying a very high price for Gunston. I assume this was players? Who have you heard??
It was a mixture of players and next years first round pick. My understanding is that one of the players listed was McLean. I’m not sure how that’ll happen now with his knee, though.

I believe we are trying to turn a player and our first round pick this year into Gunston and a second round pick for this year.

It was a mixture of players and next years first round pick. My understanding is that one of the players listed was McLean. I’m not sure how that’ll happen now with his knee, though.

I believe we are trying to turn a player and our first round pick this year into Gunston and a second round pick for this year.
Is the thinking that Bruce goes to defence if we pull this off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that is very unlikely. Our 2020 first won't be on the table for a player trade in my view. Pick swaps this year and/or next year to ensure we can secure JUH.

amazing how what you made up initially can’t happen NOW because McLean got injured. How convenient???

but you mentioned this AFTER the injury so best you sort your story out before you come out with it again so it at least has a timeline that doesn’t prove you totally made it up

I think that is very unlikely. Our 2020 first won't be on the table for a player trade in my view. Pick swaps this year and/or next year to ensure we can secure JUH.
You don’t think we’ll trade out our first for a player or you don’t want us too?

I could see us swapping our first this year for a first next year. Then trading that first for a player+points this year for JUH. Supposedly a better draft next year, so the first next year may be viewed as more valuable.

Take with a grain of salt
But apparently Dunks is annoyed at bevo for being thrown around the ground

Doesn't want to play ruck and his management might explore a trade

Tom Browne mentioning that Bombers might chase Dunkley

You don’t think we’ll trade out our first for a player or you don’t want us too?

I could see us swapping our first this year for a first next year. Then trading that first for a player+points this year for JUH. Supposedly a better draft next year, so the first next year may be viewed as more valuable.
On the balance of probabilities, I'd say we won't use our 2020 first to trade for a player. I don't have a view of what I think we should do...I don't have enough information about what might be on offer. To trade our 2020 first for picks to assist securing Jamara is the straightforward and low-risk option and on that basis, I predict that's what we'll do.

Last edited:
Should we take that as a good news or not? We do need a small pressure forward depth but is he the material for our best 22?
I think he is capable of being best 22. I'd pick him ahead of Lloyd, Lipinski, Richards and Dale based on the form of those 4 in 2020. Hannan is fairly strong for his size, can crumb and is quick. Also inconsistent, but so are those other 4. I don't think he covers that pressure forward role, so we may need to add another name up forward, but he's worth going for. I imagine he costs next to nothing since he was out of favour at the Demons at the end of this season. If all we got was Hannan this year, then that's a massive disappointment, but if Hannan is just one of the cheap names we pick up, then we've done well to improve our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back