The thing about McPhee...

Remove this Banner Ad

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
that really shits me is that while he was at the Bombers he fired up every time he played against us. He really took the fact that CC shafted him personnally and it motivated him against us even years later.

But do you think he can mentally steel himself for a game against the club that he walked out on? He must have some serious guilt running around in his head!

He's playing as if he's a sleeper spy placed by Knights to be activated every time they play us.

The thing about McShit that shits me.....He's wearing a Fremantle Guernsey

Though I think we shouldn't play him with a crook ankle, you have to give him time to adjust. Tarrant needed time, and he turned out alright. I liked the smash in the last quarter, was just much more desperate to get to the ball than Prismall.

Though I think we shouldn't play him with a crook ankle, you have to give him time to adjust. Tarrant needed time, and he turned out alright. I liked the smash in the last quarter, was just much more desperate to get to the ball than Prismall.

Agree.

We should give him more than 2 games in March/April before we right him off.

I cringed everytime he had the ball. He had a terrible first half but did improve as the game wore on.

Once Palmer's back, I would do a straight swap between McPhee and Palmer. I wouldn't choose anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was frightening how bad he was for most of the match. His ticker got him over the line for me, he set up an important goal and got some important body work in there. I have belief he will get better. Needs to be smarter though. Reminds me of Macca when he said everytime he was going even for a chest mark he was scared he would drop it. Think we persist and the rewards will be a lot greater than just cutting our losses.

Depending on Tarrant's ankle McPhee might now be the man of the moment.

Saves me typing it.

McPhee is strggling but he still put his body on the line and even though it was a poor game he still contributed esp late in the game.

Injuries are part of AFL football - if we had a full list at the moment McPhee would not be getting a game.

Hey guys...great game today. Since Freo's inception I've rarely watched them. I watched you guys last week and this week and both times you've looked great. Cudos to your recruitment team on Silvagni and Barlow. Stephen Hill...now I know why they went with him over Rich.

Sandilands...well his a champ, disappointed we didn't employ the 2nd man up more often but that's another story.

Onto Mcphee...what you saw today was a standard Mcphee bad game. Actually a little worse than his normal bad games...BUT don't fear they don't come that often and obviously playing against Essendon added extra pressure. The reason I'm posting is to give you a heads up on how you can tell whether Mcphee will play well or play s**t. In all the years I've watched him at Essendon his 1st and 2nd possessions for the day basically made or broke him for the entire game.

If he takes one of those solid marks that just seems to stick and uses the ball well with his first touch then his on for the day, if not, expect more of what you saw today. You'll know what I mean once he plays a few more games and you experience it for yourself. IMO I saw much more good than bad games so hopefully for your sake you do the same.

All the best for the rest of the year. Will definitely watch more Freo games!!!

Geez, he had an absolute shocker today. I reckon he was shitting himself every time he went near the ball and the crowd would let him know every time.

But the thing is, you won and we lost and it now means nothing. But I think we may be a late withdrawal for the Geelong game next week. just my thoughts.

Seriously, McPhee dropped about 5 marks in the forward 50 today, and that was the difference in a bad game and a great game for him today.
Mentally he was fried today, but I don't think you can question his endevour. I thought the final quarter when the game was there to be won, he stepped up, and had a hand in a couple of goals and was good around the ball.
Mcphee has had an interupted preseason so I think to be writting him off is harsh. If form warrants it, drop him back to WAFL (although I think he did enough today to get a run next week even though I consider him to have played a bad game) But just bagging someone two games into a new club.....please.

McPhee will be ok for Fremantle. We know he just loves Mark Harvey so it's almost guaranteed he won't be dropped.

Yes he drops his marks occasionally and has some poor foot disposal at times. But he was a big leader at Essendon in some of there down years in the mid 2000s. He might be one of those players that is worth more off the field in terms of leadership than what he gives on the field. Probably close to the best thing Fremantle have gotten from Essendon, coaches included.

McPhee will be ok for Fremantle. We know he just loves Mark Harvey so it's almost guaranteed he won't be dropped.

Yes he drops his marks occasionally and has some poor foot disposal at times. But he was a big leader at Essendon in some of there down years in the mid 2000s. He might be one of those players that is worth more off the field in terms of leadership than what he gives on the field. Probably close to the best thing Fremantle have gotten from Essendon, coaches included.

McPhee is a double agent, He help his old club today and most Essendon fans love it

Hey guys...great game today. Since Freo's inception I've rarely watched them. I watched you guys last week and this week and both times you've looked great. Cudos to your recruitment team on Silvagni and Barlow. Stephen Hill...now I know why they went with him over Rich.

Can you tell the WA sports media please? They still don't get it!

seriously, mcphee dropped about 5 marks in the forward 50 today, and that was the difference in a bad game and a great game for him today.
Mentally he was fried today, but i don't think you can question his endevour. I thought the final quarter when the game was there to be won, he stepped up, and had a hand in a couple of goals and was good around the ball.
Mcphee has had an interupted preseason so i think to be writting him off is harsh. If form warrants it, drop him back to wafl (although i think he did enough today to get a run next week even though i consider him to have played a bad game) but just bagging someone two games into a new club.....please.

couldn't agree more!

Seriously, McPhee dropped about 5 marks in the forward 50 today, and that was the difference in a bad game and a great game for him today.
Mentally he was fried today, but I don't think you can question his endevour. I thought the final quarter when the game was there to be won, he stepped up, and had a hand in a couple of goals and was good around the ball.
Mcphee has had an interupted preseason so I think to be writting him off is harsh. If form warrants it, drop him back to WAFL (although I think he did enough today to get a run next week even though I consider him to have played a bad game) But just bagging someone two games into a new club.....please.

He got better as the day went on.
He was two non posters away from a half decent game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back