Roast The things I hate about Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything.

Their s**t colors. Especially *that* pre-season jumper.

Their loudmouth president.

Their whining about the 01 prelim (still).

Their hypocrisy re the line in the sand and r22 last year.

My father in law barracks for them.

Dippers hit on Stoneham.

The 83 GF. Pricks.

Their desperation for attention. You're irrelevant. Always will be.

Hate the lot of them, love beating them and love beating them up.

Nothing sweeter. :D

6p5sxzcjk0.gif

A bloke hits one of your guys, you don't smile.

Hodge is a dirty prick who gets away with giving out little cheapies most weeks. One week he's going to either get caught out, or even worse, pick the wrong player to stir up.

Luke Hodge = Floyd Mayweather Jr

Which means for him, there is no wrong player to stir up!

What I can't cop is Hawks supporters who love his niggle, love his talk, then complain about the umpiring he gets. Same goes for Buddy.

Fair enough if he wants to be the 80s hardman. This ain't the 80s.
SOlomon copped the same, MJ copped the same...

Stevie Baker doesn't count as a quality opponent, you know?

I find it funny that Hodge doesn't throw his little kidney and jumper punches to the likes of Hall, Brown and co.

In fact, he seems pretty happy having a laugh mucking around with Hall. He wouldn't be picking and choosing his contests/opponents now, would he?

Stevie Baker doesn't count as a quality opponent, you know?

I find it funny that Hodge doesn't throw his little kidney and jumper punches to the likes of Hall, Brown and co.

In fact, he seems pretty happy having a laugh mucking around with Hall. He wouldn't be picking and choosing his contests/opponents now, would he?

Don't get me wrong, I respect the other hard men of the game, like the above you just mentioned, but im my opinion Hodge has no other equal in the skill department. You don't usually see that in the enforcer types (Jono Brown is a different type of player). I doubt there would be many Bomber fans who wouldn't want the likes of Luke Hodge in their team. Conversely, I would love a Ryder and a Fletcher in ours.

Yes, I have no doubt that Barry Hall would probably win in a bare knuckles street fight, but the thing I love about Hodgey is he wouldn't back down if it came to the crunch, and on top of that he would have a good crack.

And I may aswell add that I thought we had the better of the umpire decisions on Saturday night, and they had absolutely nothing to do with the end result.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the other hard men of the game, like the above you just mentioned, but im my opinion Hodge has no other equal in the skill department. You don't usually see that in the enforcer types (Jono Brown is a different type of player). I doubt there would be many Bomber fans who wouldn't want the likes of Luke Hodge in their team. Conversely, I would love a Ryder and a Fletcher in ours.

Yes, I have no doubt that Barry Hall would probably win in a bare knuckles street fight, but the thing I love about Hodgey is he wouldn't back down if it came to the crunch, and on top of that he would have a good crack.

And I may aswell add that I thought we had the better of the umpire decisions on Saturday night, and they had absolutely nothing to do with the end result.
I first realised what Hodge was about in a practice match at Casey in 07. He was reported 2 or 3 times & got off each charge no doubt due to there being no real footage of the incidents. The whole tough guy image is going to come crashing down 1 day. Is it any coincidence that Ryder & Lonegan both got a week for giving love taps on Hodge last year in r.22? He backed down pretty quick on both occasions that day when those 2 fellas decided not to cop his rubbish. How he continually gets away with it is a mystery.

Ah yes. Essendon is my second side. Only you can share our hatred of the Hawks. The thing I hate about the Hawks is their sense of entitlement. They believe they are getting cheated whenever they get frees against them. Or whenever their thug players get suspended. When they lose a few, they turn on premiership players and the coach as though they have no loyalty or gratitude at all.

They will do anything to win. See 1983 GF. Clarko has this characteristic (dirty cowardly thug) and so is a perfect fit for them. This makes them the most successful team of the modern era - they may deserve respect as an opponent but not as a club.

They shafted North Melbourne with Jonathon Hay and Nathan Thomson not disclosing the players mental health issues and not supporting the players through these issues. But yet Jeff Kennet is a spokesman for Beyond Blue.... The same Jeff Kennet that legalised gambling in Vic and set up loads of poker machines in the Western Suburbs. Good to see he's looking out for everyones welfare.

I could go on for days ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back where it all began...

[YOUTUBE]P1MyHfDcT5c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FYuy_u0q7-I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]a7IdSLKSL9M[/YOUTUBE]

And of course in more modern times...

[YOUTUBE]l6yZ29dkLXo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5w57TFyKfo8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DK1w_8B1JFk[/YOUTUBE]

Would anyone rate them if they didn't have the Hawthorn mafia dominating Fox Footy?

Of course. After all, they're The Family Club, or so I'm repeatedly told by people from the HFC.

And Clarkson has demonstrated what this means on the weekend. Family club indeed.

Seriously, what a load of horseshit. And they still keep selling that line.

meh.

Good healthy rivalry during which we seemed to have bashed each other.

The know it all fans following 2008 were a tad annoying though.

I will say that just when I really started to like Clarkson he goes and does something stupid like abusing an umpire at a kids game. Keep it directed at journos Clarko.

I find it very difficult to like Clarkson. One of the biggest whingers in the game, and sadly he turned Dimma into a sook as well.

Top coach, though. I find it difficult to believe that anyone can seriously doubt his credentials.

Of course. After all, they're The Family Club, or so I'm repeatedly told by people from the HFC.

And Clarkson has demonstrated what this means on the weekend. Family club indeed.

Seriously, what a load of horseshit. And they still keep selling that line.

Is that why they stood by Josh Kennedy and Travis Tuck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back