Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP JUBS

That's got me down.
One of the first guys i ever corresponded with on here.
Mostly on the Motor board but just going from what i know of him through here , a TOP BLOKE.

Send my thoughts to family , friends and to the BF community.
Hug your loved ones tonight.

What makes me sad is every Saturday (Local Footy Day Broken Hill) Nikki and I drive people to the footy and we are the only two girls not allowed to play AFL.

My 40 year old cousin booking into some rehab facility in Victoria, for Ice. He's too old for this s**t. His parents are paying for it and cannot really afford it ($30,000). If I had have known before hand I would have discussed the possibility of sending him to me for a few months.

Very sad for my family. And for him, but he agreed to go so I hope he can recover.

Heard this loud af bang about 1/2 hour ago so naturally we move out of work to see what it was, see some bloke lying motionless on the side of the road.

2-3 of us keep his head up and use his shirt as a bandage until the ambulance arrived, appears as though he was changing a truck tyre and its exploded in front of him.

Absolutely huge gash on his head and neck bleeding profusely. Hope the poor fella hasn't died but I'm not sure if I'll ever find out.

When I hear about peoples pets dying or watch anything to do with animals in pain. Also when elderly people cry. Gets me going every time.

In such a hole at the moment and struggling with such depression and feeling suicidal. My son 15 has been spending a lot of time away from home lately , which i guess is normal for that age. He has now got a girlfriend now too and is spending a lot of time over at one of my friends places where all the teenagers hangout. I didn't even know where he slept last night and it seems pointless to chase it. He just texted me he was at school. Feel like im just redundant. I know it happens but really struggling with it. No one seems to understand. Feel like my friend has just taken my child which i know seems stupid. Tired of life. Its just one thing after another. Plus my rabbit died over easter so it's just myself and the cat rattling around our house.

Happy sad kinda.. watching my son's old videos from when he was born to 3-4 years old (he's now 6).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In such a hole at the moment and struggling with such depression and feeling suicidal. My son 15 has been spending a lot of time away from home lately , which i guess is normal for that age. He has now got a girlfriend now too and is spending a lot of time over at one of my friends places where all the teenagers hangout. I didn't even know where he slept last night and it seems pointless to chase it. He just texted me he was at school. Feel like im just redundant. I know it happens but really struggling with it. No one seems to understand. Feel like my friend has just taken my child which i know seems stupid. Tired of life. Its just one thing after another. Plus my rabbit died over easter so it's just myself and the cat rattling around our house.

What you are feeling is perfectly normal - no longer your baby and made worse by the fact that you have raised him as a single parent and it does become awfully lonely.

You need to start taking the baby steps and get back in to your exercising and start joining groups that have people in a similar position to yourself in.

Loads of living to be done - time to travel, dine out etc. and before you know it your house will be full again with grand children

keep grindin PG x o x o x

I know he had an amazing innings but Catweazle died :(
Jesus he was still around? Maybe they made him look old or it was the fact that I was a kid when watching it but I assumed he was long gone.

Yep checked he would have been what 47 when he made the show

images (52).jpg

Reading a post like this makes me sad.

I've had two teenage stepdaughters - who I love dearly - drift a long way from my wife and I. The older one particularly. At 14 she decided she didn't like our rules (which were perfectly normal I might add) so she left. Went and lived with my wife's sister who, along with the rest of her family, sided with the daughter. It was all my fault, apparently.
I felt pretty f***in low at the time and it has taken years to get things back on track. Even when things had been seemingly smoothed out I was once asked not to go to her 20th birthday dinner based on 'what he'd wear and the s**t he'd talk.' (I dress simply and generally don't talk much when I'm around her). It has been a lot of hard work but it is ok now. The younger one I've always had more of a bond with but it has been tested on occasion. We have a great relationship now.

My advice is just to stick it out. Kids don't forget who loves them, who has been there for them etc. it just sometimes takes a while for them to remember.
Feel free to PM if you ever need to chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back