The thread about the Environment

Remove this Banner Ad

The Coup

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just a general thread to discuss up to date environmental news and issues.

I'm really under informed on this stuff, I spend too much time reading about wars. I'm just starting this because I want to learn more from BF.

Caring about the environment is so 2005.

Didn't you hear about Climate Change?

Now to protect mother earth you have to support taxing invisible gas.

That's the in thing now, and with mass indoctrination through schools and msm, it will probably be in vogue until every 'citizen' in the western world is wearing a bracelet which monitors their Carbon Footprint.

Is it true that urinating on lemon (all citrus?) trees is good for them? Also, what size do fully formed lemon trees grow to? I am thinking about planting a few near my back fence, but don't want them to take up too much space.

Great thread by the way :)

It is true. Urine is full of nitrates (required for lemons) which basically fertilise the plant. It would depend on what type of tree you get, but they grow to between 2-4m.

Some good environmental news:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-26/quolls-breed-on-the-way-to-recovery-in-the-flinders/5770634

Endangered western quolls have started to recover their population in the Flinders Ranges with the birth of 60 babies since they were reintroduced this year.

• Banned
Story is useless without pics of adorable baby birds.

That's the in thing now, and with mass indoctrination through schools and msm, it will probably be in vogue until every 'citizen' in the western world is wearing a bracelet which monitors their Carbon Footprint.

Shouldn't you be frequenting the woo-woo boards?

Can't be too much indoctrination; the biggest hobby going now is morons denying the reality of it because they can't face changing things.

Is that all you say, all the damn time?

Msm msm msm msm msm msm msm.

I feel like throwing a tonne of peanut M&Ms at you, and displaying it on the MSN website while sending out a SMS to everyone to come for the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually did lol even though I think he's a good dude.

Can't be too much indoctrination; the biggest hobby going now is morons denying the reality of it because they can't face changing things.
I'll give you the hot tip: the climate is always changing.

Yes, I know, this sounds crazy, but the climate was changing even before humans came along.

'But, but, but, I'm so important and significant, my life must be affecting the earth's climate!'

Sorry son, you're not that important. None of us are. One volcano eruption and the collective carbon footprints of your entire ancestry mean zilch.

But do go ahead and pay the government more tax to fix your original sin I mean 'carbon footprint' for you.

A fool and his money...

I'll give you the hot tip: the climate is always changing.

Yes, I know, this sounds crazy, but the climate was changing even before humans came along.

'But, but, but, I'm so important and significant, my life must be affecting the earth's climate!'

Sorry son, you're not that important. None of us are. One volcano eruption and the collective carbon footprints of your entire ancestry mean zilch.

But do go ahead and pay the government more tax to fix your original sin I mean 'carbon footprint' for you.

So you’re a climate science expert now too! you sure do get around. Remind me which journals you’ve published your research in again?

A fool and his money...

you don't have any money.

'I will trust the clergy who have studied theology, I think they know more about original sin than you'.

I don't want your money though bro. They do. In fact their livelihoods depend on it.

And guess who gives them the money. Oh, the same people who will take more of yours once we install ETS/carbon taxes.

How convenient.

'I will trust the clergy who have studied theology, I think they know more about original sin than you'.

I don't want your money though bro. They do. In fact their livelihoods depend on it.

Actually they don't. If you are a tenured professor, you get paid no matter what. That's the whole point of tenure; so a scientist who has established a good track record can conduct research. It does not matter if grants get approved or not (and for those morons who think otherwise, only around 15% of NSF grants get approved in the US, most get rejected), the same guy will still hold the same job, and get paid the same amount.

The sooner you morons are all dead the better.

Personally, cannot totally accept that humans are the sole cause of much of climate change. There are cycles upon cycles upon cycles, not just an individual year of seasons, or the la nina / el nino cycles, but many more over longer periods and related to all sorts of things including sun emissions. We were in ice ages in the near past and I'm fairly sure those changes had nothing to do with humankind :rolleyes:

But does any of that matter? One thing that the climate change movement is doing is to make us look for alternative energy sources (more protective of mother nature) and whether or not the reason for that is correct the outcome is good for all. Energy has been a major resource used to warmonger and subrogate others since the industrial revolution - and with the "peak oil" scenarios (at very least the greater cost of energy with costlier extraction (which is the only limiter on peak oil happening) if you don't wish to believe anything to do with "peak oil") the control of oil without other substantial energy sources only means greater hardship and suppression of masses rights and equality in the future.

So climate change, whether real or not, is actually a good movement for mankind in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back