Media The Thread With Salary Caps In It (all clubs have been revealed, still more to come, ALL to be revealed later...)

Remove this Banner Ad

bring the Herald with that late news?

Furies already agreed to give The Half Back more used rubbers in S31

I am curious what he's planning to use them for. Art installation? Some sort of restaurant soup scam?

I am curious what he's planning to use them for. Art installation? Some sort of restaurant soup scam?

we have a strict "dont ask, dont tell" policy at the Furies

Season 29 Rookies >$120k

Goose can't even crack the top 3!!!
Took unders to keep the crew together at the Gumbies.
Typical that you'd selfishly chase the cash. So greedy.
Hasn't anyone told you money is a bad way to keep score.
The curse is really showing

The curse of wealth. It's a terrible thing.

Mate, can't blame him for wanting to feed his wife and kids and set them up well for life post-Qooty. I'm sure the imaginary cash is well invested.

Mate, can't blame him for wanting to feed his wife and kids and set them up well for life post-Qooty. I'm sure the imaginary cash is well invested.
Yep - all invested in Chipmunk' s ChipBet!

Knowing serial_thrilla that cash is going towards some monkeys to record obscure stats

Actually that is well invested

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been told I don't post these with enough fanfare. I am not sure people come here for fanfare though. I say, they come here for accurate salary caps and maybe to laugh at my potential typos as I am not the most rigid typist (I'm pretty sure I left a Bombers rookie on someone's books by mistake).

View attachment 1018705

View attachment 1018706
Surprised mine is so high this year. I suspect I'll be giving some of that up to our rookies next year.
Mobbs is not happy about being ahead of Mooch again, therefore will be transferring half his salary.
Mobbs is never happy to be fair.
I wasn't even sure Mobbs had a salary going into this. He just sort of comes with the club, I thought, like a free set of golf balls. But I am pretty sure the Roys are using his money to funnely pay Supersuns, and an investigation is underway. I think they should be docked points next season, in all honesty.
I heard that Supersuns is doing Mobbs' garden and washing his car so these payments are 100% legit. You can't prove otherwise, so please don't look.

Surprised mine is so high this year. I suspect I'll be giving some of that up to our rookies next year.
Mobbs is never happy to be fair.
I heard that Supersuns is doing Mobbs' garden and washing his car so these payments are 100% legit. You can't prove otherwise, so please don't look.

I will neither confirm nor deny the facts of that story

Thank you for this thread Marlowe, I will be using it to determine where I play next season in order to make the most money.

The same reason I wear gumboots everywhere I go, because I’m always knee deep in pussy.

Demons
I don't believe I provided enough fanfare with these entries. It's not just that the tables themselves are dull and uninspired and could have been better, or that the general structure of the concept lacked the rigidity I would have desired, it's also that I could have written a little something here or there. Added a little bit of colour to the proceedings. I could have Googled 'sparkling+wit' and tried a darn to add some. In the past, I probably would have tried. That's what separates ye olde Marlowe of yore versus ye just-slightly-older Marlowe of now - trying. Trying looks bad. It feels bad. Friends, family, coworkers, teachers, counselors, lawyers, lifeguard instructors - they all like to say to me, "Marlowe, at least you tried", and it hurts because deep down I know I didn't really try, I never really try, and that's probably how I wound up In the Air Tonight'ing that boy at the swimming pool that one time. You try hard and you die hard, people say that, too. But, as it turns out, the reverse is also true (you can try... softly, I guess, and die slowly).

But today - the last day of these - I am gonna try. Well, maybe only a little bit.

First up is the Demons. And I decided it would be fun for a change to get some actual insight from one of the club's insiders about how they feel regarding this venture of mine (and - I suppose if I am trying to keep the charade up - the hackneyed robot co-author I mentioned in the OP that I've brought up sparingly and to little success since).

So I called up Headless' good friend manangatang and asked how he would feel about contributing to this. He said, "Marlowe, when do you need me?" I, Marlowe, said, "Wednesday." He - him being manangatang in this case, of course - said, "I'm busy Wednesday." I - Marlowe, mind you - said, "What about Thursday?" He [manangatang] said, "Thursday's worse than Wednesday." Then he - manangatang again - said, "How about Friday?" I said, "Fine."

True story!

Anyway, I don't think he's awake yet, so * it. Here's the Season 30 Mt. - not 'Mount', as I thought it might have been - Buller Demons' salary cap.

9a.png

*originally I had Headless on $40,000 with the rest being subsidised with love, but this isn't a joke thread, I'll leave the humour to my good, moustachioed buddy, Ned (that's Ned_Flanders, the guy from the Furies with the Ned Flanders avatar, maybe you might know him or have seen him around once or twice).

*this Headless impression was brought to you by a lack of sleep - in stores now (stores may only be figurative in nature, fatigue may not be a purchasable physical commodity).

I don't believe I provided enough fanfare with these entries. It's not just that the tables themselves are dull and uninspired and could have been better, or that the general structure of the concept lacked the rigidity I would have desired, it's also that I could have written a little something here or there. Added a little bit of colour to the proceedings. I could have Googled 'sparkling+wit' and tried a darn to add some. In the past, I probably would have tried. That's what separates ye olde Marlowe of yore versus ye just-slightly-older Marlowe of now - trying. Trying looks bad. It feels bad. Friends, family, coworkers, teachers, counselors, lawyers, lifeguard instructors - they all like to say to me, "Marlowe, at least you tried", and it hurts because deep down I know I didn't really try, I never really try, and that's probably how I wound up In the Air Tonight'ing that boy at the swimming pool that one time. You try hard and you die hard, people say that, too. But, as it turns out, the reverse is also true (you can try... softly, I guess, and die slowly).

But today - the last day of these - I am gonna try. Well, maybe only a little bit.

First up is the Demons. And I decided it would be fun for a change to get some actual insight from one of the club's insiders about how they feel regarding this venture of mine (and - I suppose if I am trying to keep the charade up - the hackneyed robot co-author I mentioned in the OP that I've brought up sparingly and to little success since).

So I called up Headless' good friend manangatang and asked how he would feel about contributing to this. He said, "Marlowe, when do you need me?" I, Marlowe, said, "Wednesday." He - him being manangatang in this case, of course - said, "I'm busy Wednesday." I - Marlowe, mind you - said, "What about Thursday?" He [manangatang] said, "Thursday's worse than Wednesday." Then he - manangatang again - said, "How about Friday?" I said, "Fine."

True story!

Anyway, I don't think he's awake yet, so fu** it. Here's the Season 30 Mt. - not 'Mount', as I thought it might have been - Buller Demons' salary cap.

View attachment 1019022

*originally I had Headless on $40,000 with the rest being subsidised with love, but this isn't a joke thread, I'll leave the humour to my good, moustachioed buddy, Ned (that's Ned_Flanders, the guy from the Furies with the Ned Flanders avatar, maybe you might know him or have seen him around once or twice).

*this Headless impression was brought to you by a lack of sleep - in stores now (stores may only be figurative in nature, fatigue may not be a purchasable physical commodity).
Headless will be gettable next year, massive unders.

True story!

Anyway, I don't think he's awake yet, so fu** it. Here's the Season 30 Mt. - not 'Mount', as I thought it might have been - Buller Demons' salary cap.

View attachment 1019022

haha lion around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back