List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly polling well, an excuse for Geelong to jack up their price for him.

I think his season was better in the first half than the second half (partly due to Geelong overall being a better team before the bye) and then turned it on again in the finals. Will finish 3-5th in the final count i think.

Geelongs sookie culture is starting to get on everyone's nerves. A lot of my mates who support Dogs, Blues, Hawks and Pies were gunning for them to be straight sets because they were sick of their whinging about everything.
It starts with the club leaders. The Scotts are both very negative leaders IMO.

Sounds like he has been told where the player wants to continue his career. ;)

Love how he is fine with it when it works for him..
Exactly this. They have been massive winners out of uncontracted players choosing them over the years

Danger
Ablett
Henderson
Dalhouse
Touhy
Rohan

Probably missing some, but they have to be kidding if they complain about players seeking a trade once a contract ends.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Firstly price was as though he won Brownlow.

Now that he hasn’t, same price.

Terrible 2nd half of season.

Two first with geelong’s second is more than enough. Upside with our future first is all with Geelong.
I would personally be willing to go as far as two firsts. But anything more then that and Geelong can suck three dicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the point at which, if Kelly really wants to come, he needs to play his part and start getting very pushy and aggressive towards Geelong and Chris Scott and stand up for himself. I am sure he doesn't want to. I am sure he expected everybody to behave like adults and accept reality and the limits of what is theirs to decide and what is not. But it is clear that Geelong are not going to do that. They are going to try to drag Freo into this anyway they can and force Kelly to go there. Kelly needs to tell Geelong and Scott to **** off and that he will decide where he plays, not them. Tell Freo he is absolutely and totally not interested at all at going to their club. And tell the AFL he will sue them for restraint of trade if Geelong are allowed to get away with not trading him to where he wants to go. If he does those things then a deal gets done pretty quickly. But he will burn his bridges at Geelong. I am sure he wanted to leave on good terms. Is he willing to do it?

chris scott is an absolute w***er.

he knows kelly is gone but hes trying to save face. dickhead should be more sympathetic and supportative but he is a utter campaigner.

hopefully he is disposed of next season so the scott twins are ****ed off into oblivion

This is the point at which, if Kelly really wants to come, he needs to play his part and start getting very pushy and aggressive towards Geelong and Chris Scott and stand up for himself. I am sure he doesn't want to. I am sure he expected everybody to behave like adults and accept reality and the limits of what is theirs to decide and what is not. But it is clear that Geelong are not going to do that. They are going to try to drag Freo into this anyway they can and force Kelly to go there. Kelly needs to tell Geelong and Scott to **** off and that he will decide where he plays, not them. Tell Freo he is absolutely and totally not interested at all at going to their club. And tell the AFL he will sue them for restraint of trade if Geelong are allowed to get away with not trading him to where he wants to go. If he does those things then a deal gets done pretty quickly. But he will burn his bridges at Geelong. I am sure he wanted to leave on good terms. Is he willing to do it?
With his boxing record I wouldn't be getting too agressive or pushy ......

I have the feeling he is too nice, too grateful. One the other hand, he may release a statement tomorrow saying he is requesting a trade. Who knows...
He got asked about it tonight

Kelly gave no insight into his playing future on Monday night.

Except from Herald Sun's brownlow coverage:

“Tough decision to come up, that’s no secret. It’s something that myself and my family don’t take lightly,” he told Channel 7 at the Brownlow Medal.

“We’ll get to that once the dust settles.”

If he leaves Geelong he will also be thinking he is leaving a contender and a chance for a Flag.
He will still want a chance for a Premiership Medal ..... two WA teams .... one is a contender and will be in the next few years ...... the other in a fair way from being a contender and at the moment is a rudderless ship.

Kelly ponders .
Who do I chose ..... is it a tough decision ???

I think NOT.

If he wants a chance at a Premiership it’s a no brainer .

Why scratch with the turkeys ,
When you can fly with the Eagles .
Why scratch with the turkeys ,
When you can fly with the Eagles

I'm using this.

I have the feeling he is too nice, too grateful. One the other hand, he may release a statement tomorrow saying he is requesting a trade. Who knows...
He got asked about it tonight

Kelly gave no insight into his playing future on Monday night.

Except from Herald Sun's brownlow coverage:

“Tough decision to come up, that’s no secret. It’s something that myself and my family don’t take lightly,” he told Channel 7 at the Brownlow Medal.

“We’ll get to that once the dust settles.”

Roll out the yellow and blue carpet

Thats what managers are for.

Especially to start off.

More Chris Scott quotes

“I actually said to him, ‘I don’t want you to say anything because I don’t want to put pressure on you to answer my questions now’. I said: ‘Just give me a minute, hear me out and I’ll hang up and we will catch up over the next couple of days’.
“That is private at the moment but I will say there was nothing negative in it.”

If you need to make a point of there being nothing negative in it...

Thats what managers are for.

Especially to start off.
The manager does the bulk of it. But it also wouldn't hurt if he stated unequivocally privately and maybe also in a more gentle but clear manner publicly that he has no interest in playing for Freo and doesn't want to go there. That would blow up Geelongs strategy of turning it into an auction. No club is going to lower themselves and waste the time to even bother having initial talks with a player who has publicly stated he doesn't want to go there. Geelong will be trying behind closed doors to get him to shut up and controll the trade to prevent this. Probably telling him his chances of getting traded will go down if he says anything publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back