The Tin Foil Hat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Friends - a safe place to share your tin foil hat theories without fear of ridicule or reprisal (ok, maybe not).

So come on everyone, let's share our wild arse conspiracy theories that have no foundation apart from in our own feeble twisted little minds.

I'll go first:

I reckon Campo pushed for Thommo to play last night simply so Mackay wouldn't be our worst player and would therefore stay in the side another week.

Friends - a safe place to share your tin foil hat theories without fear of ridicule or reprisal (ok, maybe not).

So come on everyone, let's share our wild arse conspiracy theories that have no foundation apart from in our own feeble twisted little minds.

I'll go first:

I reckon Campo pushed for Thommo to play last night simply so Mackay wouldn't be our worst player and would therefore stay in the side another week.

Nah I reckon something slightly different happened.

Campo will have been pushing for Thommo to come back for weeks. Pyke will have been arguing with him about how he's cooked. After weeks of being berated by Campo, Pyke will have caved by saying "you're wrong, let's see how Thommo goes tomorrow". So Pyke selected Thommo knowing he would fail to end the argument about him, move forward after being proven right, and regain ultimate control.

At least that's what I hope

My type of thread btw!

I think the reason Wigg has been used as an inside midfielder exclusively at SANFL level the last couple of years is so that we had fewer options competing for spots with Mackay and van Berlo

Nah I reckon something slightly different happened.

Campo will have been pushing for Thommo to come back for weeks. Pyke will have been arguing with him about how he's cooked. After weeks of being berated by Campo, Pyke will have caved by saying "you're wrong, let's see how Thommo goes tomorrow". So Pyke selected Thommo knowing he would fail to end the argument about him, move forward after being proven right, and regain ultimate control.

At least that's what I hope

If that is what Pyke needs to do to stamp his authority that's a pretty pathetic showing by him as a leader. He should have simply said to Campo "I don't want to hear the name Thompson at match selection, am I clear?"

The way I see it, it's something along the lines of: "Ok Campo I'll make you a deal.. we'll bring Thommo into the side and if he performs he'll keep getting games... but if he doesn't you hand me your resignation, effective from the end of the season"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Jenkins was out for so long because his "minor rib injury" was actually reinjured multiple times due to mismanagement by the club.

(Including the possibility that the injury against Hawthorn was not the first in the sequence.)

Josh Jenkins was out for so long because his "minor rib injury" was actually reinjured multiple times due to mismanagement by the club.

(Including the possibility that the injury against Hawthorn was not the first in the sequence.)
The Hawthorn player was not the cause of the original injury. He only re-hurt a broken rib given by David Mackay in the pre-game warm up

Hard campaigner is our David

Remove this Banner Ad

Back