The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if City win all their remaining games. That would mean Liverpool can draw one game for the rest of the season.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Ha ha, good question. And not an easy one to answer.

My gut feeling is that a United win would be more "normal" and as such less painful to everyone else.

But really the two clubs, and the hype around them are so similar they really are two peas from the same pod.

So right now United.

If United was on top and Liverpool chasing, probably Liverpool.

In both cases, Arsenal, Chelsea or even Spurs would be a better bet for me.
Why do you hate us? An enemy of my enemy is my friend.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Liverpool win at OT I’ll back them to take home the trophy, lose and I reckon City will. Draw and I can see Spurs sneaking it :D. No a draw and I think it’s still anyones. Massive game that United/Liverpool clash

Why do you hate us? An enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Not really anything to do with hatred.

Either of you winning would be painful.

At least if one of you come from behind I can enjoy the schadenfreude of the other stuffing it up.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moomba (and probably a few others) don’t want anyone experiencing sporting joy outside of the chooser few - hence why he’d rather have united win (“because i’m used to that”) than Liverpool and probably spurs. I find that thinking deplorable and pretty much a symptom of our ****ed up, greedy, selfish society.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Moomba (and probably a few others) don’t want anyone experiencing sporting joy outside of the chooser few - hence why he’d rather have united win (“because i’m used to that”) than Liverpool and probably spurs. I find that thinking deplorable and pretty much a symptom of our ****** up, greedy, selfish society.
That's a bit of a reach. He said that he'd rather anyone win it bar United and Pool. Main rivals or The insufferables. Hardly a choice he wants to have to make.

I'm sure most spurs fans would rather anyone but Arsenal win it if Spurs don't yeah?

That's a bit of a reach. He said that he'd rather anyone win it bar United and Pool. Main rivals or The insufferables. Hardly a choice he wants to have to make.

I'm sure most spurs fans would rather anyone but Arsenal win it if Spurs don't yeah?
Certainly not Chelsea that's for sure.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Certainly not Chelsea that's for sure.
In all seriousness, it would be a lot worse on here than it would be day to day in London. Not many Chelsea fans in the square mile or in Hertfordshire. I know three Chelsea fans in real life. One is an old season ticket holder who i used to work with in Melbourne, one a Welshman i play rugby with and the other a mate i used to play cricket with. Plus half of Chelsea fans delusions are genuine piss takes.

WR may disagree but i just don't see many Chelsea fans around town. My office is full of Arsenal, Spurs, United and Liverpool fans. There is one City fan, one Norwich fan, one Huddersfield fan and a few Leeds.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In all seriousness, it would be a lot worse on here than it would be day to day in London. Not many Chelsea fans in the square mile or in Hertfordshire. I know three Chelsea fans in real life. One is an old season ticket holder who i used to work with in Melbourne, one a Welshman i play rugby with and the other a mate i used to play cricket with. Plus half of Chelsea fans delusions are genuine piss takes.

WR may disagree but i just don't see many Chelsea fans around town. My office is full of Arsenal, Spurs, United and Liverpool fans. There is one City fan, one Norwich fan, one Huddersfield fan and a few Leeds.
You work in the square mile? Surely a lot of West Ham fans amongst that lot? Lot of Essex boys work in the square mile, I used to travel up to work with them on the Fenchurch street line back in the day.

I worked mainly in Westminster in the civil service. Not many West Ham fans there mainly Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool. Lots of northerners and Irish working down in London who were usually united or Liverpool fans. You’re right though there’s not many Chelsea fans in and around the square mile. There’s very few around my part of London either which is on the Essex borders.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
You work in the square mile? Surely a lot of West Ham fans amongst that lot? Lot of Essex boys work in the square mile, I used to travel up to work with them on the Fenchurch street line back in the day.

I worked mainly in Westminster in the civil service. Not many West Ham fans there mainly Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool. Lots of northerners and Irish working down in London who were usually united or Liverpool fans. You’re right though there’s not many Chelsea fans in and around the square mile. There’s very few around my part of London either which is on the Essex borders.
I am a stones throw from Leadenhall market. Definitely a lot of Essex boys and a lot from Southend. Could be a few covert Hammers keeping quiet but none that i know of hahaha

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am a stones throw from Leadenhall market. Definitely a lot of Essex boys and a lot from Southend. Could be a few covert Hammers keeping quiet but none that i know of hahaha
Yeah I’m really surprised, used to be full of West Ham fans. You don’t work in the gherkin do you or some glamorous place like that? I was having drinks at the top of heron tower just before Christmas. Not cheap but recommended

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I’m going off what he said here - My gut feeling is that a United win would be more "normal" and as such less painful to everyone else.”

To me that says I can’t stand seeing Liverpool fans happy I’d much rather United won as I can handle that as I’ve dealt with it before. No?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Yeah I’m really surprised, used to be full of West Ham fans. You don’t work in the gherkin do you or some glamorous place like that? I was having drinks at the top of heron tower just before Christmas. Not cheap but recommended
I am pretty much behind the walky talky which is 2 mins from the Gherkin and 500 metres from Monument. Have heard good things about that bar and have been there a few times for dinner at Sushi Samba and Duck and Waffle. Pretty pricey but very nice.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I’m going off what he said here - My gut feeling is that a United win would be more "normal" and as such less painful to everyone else.”

To me that says I can’t stand seeing Liverpool fans happy I’d much rather United won as I can handle that as I’ve dealt with it before. No?
I agree with that but not your earlier conclusion.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Moomba (and probably a few others) don’t want anyone experiencing sporting joy outside of the chooser few - hence why he’d rather have united win (“because i’m used to that”) than Liverpool and probably spurs. I find that thinking deplorable and pretty much a symptom of our ****** up, greedy, selfish society.
Arsenal or Chelsea then to win the league if they were swapped with City/Liverpool?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Arsenal or Chelsea then to win the league if they were swapped with City/Liverpool?
I’m not going to support arsenal or Chelsea in such a situation am I there’s too much rivalry (basically a substitute word for hatred) for that to ever happen. That’s not comparable to Moomba’s stance of wanting United to win (his clubs main rival) because he’s more used to seeing them win s**t than Liverpool. It’s not even hard psychoanalysiss, it’s very transparent and pretty much anyone with two brain cells can identify what’s basically going on here.

Back