The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We ain’t winning it. United were there for the taking and we blew it. Unless city has a monumental form dip we’ll finish 2nd.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s the way I see it as well. It’s games like the United one where Liverpool need a Coutinho type to break the deadlock.

I think keita flopping is going to be a huge factor to liverpool dropping the title, that single transfer bust is killing them.

Long term I think he'll be a success. Started very well but not the same since returning from injury. Has shown some form recently but still settling in. Was never going to be the difference between winning the title or not, we just dont have the squad to do it, was always a huge ask up against City to even get close.

It's still very tight, but with 11/12 to go we'd have to be favourites.

Injuries could have an impact, as could competing in all four competitions.

But most important is how long Liverpool stay in this mini slump. They could make things easy for us, or impossible.

Unless we sign a bus driver then will continue to drop points against teams. We've been worked out

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Couldn’t pin favouritism on either team at present. Think back to November/December. The form of these 2 sides can and has changed quickly and dramatically. Currently City have momentum and we’re looking a bit off, but with 1 point between us, 3 months to go, tricky fixtures for both teams on the horizon, and the chance of key players getting injured, any grand predictions that the title is won or lost at this stage are meaningless.

Cliche but just have to keep winning and hope the other side slips up at some point. It’s too close for anything else.

Where are Liverpool going to drop further points? It’s a big ask to win 11 games in a row but on paper they are favourites to win every one of their remaining games. Same with City though (although they still have an awkward trip to OT) but for now it’s still in Liverpool’s hands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look at our fixtures. Going to be really hard maintaining a high standard especially if we progress in champions League and FA Cup.
Given that your second XI would probably finish top four in the league, I think you’ll be OK juggling a couple of fixtures.

Given that your second XI would probably finish top four in the league, I think you’ll be OK juggling a couple of fixtures.
Our problem is that we've got very little margin for error.

Play like a top 4 side for the rest of the season and we'll be out of the 3 comps we're still in.

With Dinho, Laporte, Stones, Mendy, Jesus all currently out our options for rotating aren't great as it is.attacking midfield we're ok to be fair.

Potentially up to 20 matches still to play.

Liverpool look finished.

The team ain't finished just stretched. The fans don't want to win the title because the footy isn't sexy enough. There's still a second wind coming.

Where are Liverpool going to drop further points? It’s a big ask to win 11 games in a row but on paper they are favourites to win every one of their remaining games. Same with City though (although they still have an awkward trip to OT) but for now it’s still in Liverpool’s hands
I thought after the Bournemouth win we had rediscovered our mojo but the united game dispelled that. I can see city winning 11 but not us. I reckon we'll struggle tomorrow and it's anyone's guess in the derby.

I'd be backing Liverpool to take maximum points against Everton, Burnleey, Fulham, Southampton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle and Wolves.

They are better than Spurs and Chelsea so should be beating them. But football never goes to plan.

1551472516431.png

Only Spurs and United danger games. They should account for Spurs. The Manchester derby is one to keep an eye on, and it's a game where they could definitely drop points.

Not sure when the CL fixtures are or the FA Cup semi, but that only complicates things too.

Chelsea definitely have a knack for derailing other side’s title challenges, wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve saved something special for Liverpool.

Last edited:
Chelsea definitely have a knack for detailing other side’s title challenges, wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve saved something special for Liverpool.
Yeah, we've already played them twice and held our own both times. Could be another slip up before the seasons out.

Back