The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A Liverpool title win means there is hope of defeating the evil empire that is city. FFP cheats, human rights abusers, empty stadiums. A Liverpool win is a win for the little bloke and gives hope to all the other little blokes like United, spurs, arsenal amongst others that good can triumph against evil

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bingo

A Liverpool title win means there is hope of defeating the evil empire that is city. FFP cheats, human rights abusers, empty stadiums. A Liverpool win is a win for the little bloke and gives hope to all the other little blokes like United, spurs, arsenal amongst others that good can triumph against evil

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like this needs to be playing if we manage to win the league

At the very least, Matera92 will lose his s**t if that gets played

Sounds like this needs to be playing if we manage to win the league

At the very least, Matera92 will lose his s**t if that gets played

The greatest sound track from the greatest film in cinema history.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

That has genuinely made me feel sick. We’ve got such an amazing team but the likelihood is they won’t be remembered as such because they’re not gonna win anything.

Never thought anything would be worse than the slip but if we don’t do it this season it’ll be 100x worse because of how good we are.

It gets worse.

2596A7AF-BAFD-45C5-8118-FFEAED1C10A6.jpeg

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I accepted a couple of weeks ago that City wouldn’t drop anymore points and I genuinely don’t think they will, but part of that was to condition myself that it wouldn’t hurt as much when it happened but it hasn’t worked - the thought of us falling short is almost bringing me to genuine tears.

* this sport.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I accepted a couple of weeks ago that City wouldn’t drop anymore points and I genuinely don’t think they will, but part of that was to condition myself that it wouldn’t hurt as much when it happened but it hasn’t worked - the thought of us falling short is almost bringing me to genuine tears.

**** this sport.

They’re a juggernaut of a side but I’m still optimistic they’ll drop at least 1 of the next 3 v Spurs & United. Leicester will be a tough assignment too. Going to be a bloody stressful month.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

**** this sport.

The emotions of sport are very unique, can be a blessing and a curse at times. For what it’s worth, I still foresee Liverpool winning it, not that it will make you feel any better :D

Liverpool will win it from here, Klopp is demanding it & the players are listening. Pep is looking sooky when the fancy tiki taka goes astray & they can't pass it into the net.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think it should, and will, go to the final day. shame they cant set the league up so that 2 title chasers meet in the last game on the season. as long as it wasnt at anfield.
the title will be decided in the next 2 games.

If City beat Tottenham and Man Utd I can't see them dropping any other points.

But then again stranger things have happened

They even made a TV show about it

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.

i didnt think we'd drop points to newcastle or palace. if we won our last 5 games, i think that would mean winning 14 in a row.

i think both sides drop a game. whether it's a draw or loss remains to be seen.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
i think it should, and will, go to the final day. shame they cant set the league up so that 2 title chasers meet in the last game on the season. as long as it wasnt at anfield.

Yeah it feels like we deserve to see another Liverpool/City clash to close out the season. I suppose it can still happen in the Champions League though.

I can't see us winning our last 5. None of them are simple, and the volume of matches we're playing is going to have an effect.

Can't see Liverpool dropping points from here. A much easier run home, I do wonder if they'll cope with the pressure if the title does fall back into their hands in the next week or so.

One of those things where it's better to look at it game by game though. Can we beat Spurs next Sunday? Absolutely. Can we beat United the following Wednesday? Absolutely.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Liverpool last 4

Cardiff (A) 18th
Huddersfield 20th
Newcastle (A) 15th
Wolves 8th

It is a dream run for Liverpool - if they lose one before final day they don't deserve the title.

Man City last 5

Tottenham 3rd
Man U (A) 5th
Burnley (A) 14th
Leicester 7th
Brighton (A) 17th

If Man City make it to final day without having lost then they will 100% deserve to be champions.

Under any normal circumstances it would be advantage Liverpool except Man City are a super team. It will not surprise one bit if they can pull it off.

YNWA

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wolves is the only game Liverpool might (and it’s only a small might) drop points. Wolves have taken a lot of points off the big boys as they are set up to play without possession like Leicester were in 15/16. But I think the manner of that semi final defeat has taken the wind out of their sails. If they need a win or draw for EL qualification they may go to Anfield on the last day with some fight.

I agree with Moomba that City are more than capable of winning those five games, but it’s a much tougher run-in and would also mean they would have won their last 14 matches in the league - which is something almost beyond comprehension.

City will be back next year no matter what happens, Liverpool probably will be too, but you get the feeling this is Liverpool’s big, big chance. If they don’t take it home it may do some psychological damage

i didnt think we'd drop points to newcastle or palace. if we won our last 5 games, i think that would mean winning 14 in a row.

i think both sides drop a game. whether it's a draw or loss remains to be seen.
Any team that wins their last 14 games straight deserves to champions.

That is ******* unbelievable

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
City will drop points in the next 2 games imo.

Liverpool will lead going into Wolves.

Then the pressure mounts, Wolves could legitimately do Liverpool at home in the last round given the pressure on that game.

Back