Prediction The Tom and Jack show, how does it work?

How does it work?

• Jack plays from the square

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom plays ruck, rotating forward with Nank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stan Judkins

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
They will rotate pushing up the ground/leading in the 50/pushing into pockets/blocking for each other, all depending who has the advantage in each situation, and given their opponents at the time.
Jacks the perfect person to manage this situation given his love of studying the game. Cant wait.
Yep this very much
Tom said he chose the Tigers because "I want to learn off Jack (the best going around KPF ATM, stuff Lance)"
Jack will be the general and tom will be the colonel, Tom will do as he's told (kick plenty of goals)
4 star general Jack in the FWD line, 5 star general Cotchin in the middle and 4 star general Rance in the back line
Yes I can't wait, Go Tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bojangles17

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
We re pretty fortunate that jack is quite a versatile player and does some of his best work in goal assists. I expect Tom will play deeper and jack as high HF however that could very easily be switched around or one that few would expect, both play deep , one as decoy the other on the lead . Having two strong marking forwards will mean all the heat can’t be drawn to one of them or it would be at oppo peril

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll
Message to Tom Lynch, Under no circumstance should you be out marked
Either mark the ball or bring it to grond for the dwarfs to crum

Rioli , Edwards , lambert , castagna , Butler , Higgins all buzzing around

AFL Club
Richmond
Yep this very much
Tom said he chose the Tigers because "I want to learn off Jack (the best going around KPF ATM, stuff Lance)"
Jack will be the general and tom will be the colonel, Tom will do as he's told (kick plenty of goals)
4 star general Jack in the FWD line, 5 star general Cotchin in the middle and 4 star general Rance in the back line
what's Dusty ? Elite SAS....Commando ? Navy SEAL...ParaRangers..Shocktrooper or just an ordinary footsoldier who doesn't like arguing ?

Stan Judkins

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
what's Dusty ? Elite SAS....Commando ? Navy SEAL...ParaRangers..Shocktrooper or just an ordinary footsoldier who doesn't like arguing ?
Dusty is Elite SAS....Commando....Navy SEAL...Shocktrooper all in one
Ssshhhh keep it to ourselves, it's all highly TOPSECRET, hush, hush type stuff on a need to know basis
Only our President (O'Neill) and CEO (Gale) have the clearance for this type of stuff
Sorry can't tell you more, this post will self destruct in 10 seconds

Socrates2

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #59
I wonder if at any point we’ll plan to go with 3 tall forwards...Jack, Tom and A.N. Other. Could be potent with the 6-6-6 rule and allow for a second ruck. Would require the small forwards to be able to do more midfield time though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes ,if Nank rests forward, there will be a three prong attack.Add Rioli, Caddy and the man who doesn't like to argue, and it's virtually unstoppable.There were times in the grand final, where we had to go long to Townsend but he wasn't tall enough in the pack.All that changes now.
The thing Lynch also brings is physical presence and strength.He will not be taking any crap from anyone and hopefully will run through a few defenders.

Last edited:

_RT_

Hall Of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Furies Premiers 2010
IMO we'll start off with Jack and Tom in the key positions with Jack starting high and Tom staying deep as he builds up match fitness, around them will be Caddy/Martin as the mid sized option and the 3 smalls to keep the pressure on at ground level.

As the season progresses I believe we'll see things change up and we'll have Jack & Tom, 2 mid sized options and 2 smalls as we work out the best way to utilise the 6-6-6 starting positions rule.

A set up we have used quite frequently is

Castagna Butler
Jack Caddy
Rioli Resting Mid

With Lynch coming in I can see it being:

Rioli Caddy Bolton
Jack Lynch
Dusty

The idea being that a quick kick out of the middle gets the ball to the 2 taller marking options, with the smalls their to crumb. Caddy can push up into the midfield as the extra mid if there is another stoppage. Dusty resting deep in the square would be the 1-1 match up opposition teams wouldn't be liking especially late in game when there is no ability to drop an extra man into D50. When Dusty is in the midfield Caddy moves to the deep position and then resting mid(Lambert Edwards Higgins Cotchin) starts up higher to play as the extra midfielder after the bounce.

JAKLAUGHING

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
IMO we'll start off with Jack and Tom in the key positions with Jack starting high and Tom staying deep as he builds up match fitness, around them will be Caddy/Martin as the mid sized option and the 3 smalls to keep the pressure on at ground level.

As the season progresses I believe we'll see things change up and we'll have Jack & Tom, 2 mid sized options and 2 smalls as we work out the best way to utilise the 6-6-6 starting positions rule.

A set up we have used quite frequently is

Castagna Butler
Jack Caddy
Rioli Resting Mid

With Lynch coming in I can see it being:

Rioli Caddy Bolton
Jack Lynch
Dusty

The idea being that a quick kick out of the middle gets the ball to the 2 taller marking options, with the smalls their to crumb. Caddy can push up into the midfield as the extra mid if there is another stoppage. Dusty resting deep in the square would be the 1-1 match up opposition teams wouldn't be liking especially late in game when there is no ability to drop an extra man into D50. When Dusty is in the midfield Caddy moves to the deep position and then resting mid(Lambert Edwards Higgins Cotchin) starts up higher to play as the extra midfielder after the bounce.
Good point about TLynch playing deep in the first half of the Season till he gets to full match fitness...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll
Lynch wont require alot of time to get his fitness

Lynch has always had a very good tank and works up ground alot , Very much a Nick Riewoldt type player thats been under utilized at the GC

Anyway way too much talk and not enought excitement happening here - Do yourself's a favour and brighten up your day WATCH THIS

Get excited guys , Round 1 Lynch v Jones o_Oo_Oo_O

AFL Club
Richmond
Yep this very much
I can't believe the most important General to our Campaign has been largely forgotten.....shame on you...

Please reenlist General Soreness immediately !!!

AFL Club
Richmond
Lynch wont require alot of time to get his fitness

Lynch has always had a very good tank and works up ground alot , Very much a Nick Riewoldt type player thats been under utilized at the GC

Anyway way too much talk and not enought excitement happening here - Do yourself's a favour and brighten up your day WATCH THIS

Get excited guys , Round 1 Lynch v Jones o_Oo_Oo_O
Thanks for that. I was at quite a few of those home games. He dominated games.

On the thread OP, get VERY excited people. These two will cause havoc for backlines. Add to the fact they will be fed by Dusty, Cotch, Edwards, Higgins, Rioli, and Butler, and we have some serious scoring ability.

Stan Judkins

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks for that. I was at quite a few of those home games. He dominated games.

On the thread OP, get VERY excited people. These two will cause havoc for backlines. Add to the fact they will be fed by Dusty, Cotch, Edwards, Higgins, Rioli, and Butler, and we have some serious scoring ability.
Man can Tom take a mark, just kick it high to him and he'll mark it
Awesome highlights package, I think it was Rance when asked who is the hardest FWD he's played on, he said Lynch

Cotcho

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why do i have this feeling the ' hands in back ' rule is going to cause riots in the stands.........because it will as one forward for one team will get pinged for using it correctly while a player from the other side will give a shove and be awarded the mark.

6-6-6 will only effect those teams who love to run extras off the back of the square and have multiple loose players in defence, hello dees and pies.
This was the most bizarre rule change introduced. I don't think there was even any commentary on the hands in the back was there? Took the competition a good 5 years to adapt to the change in the first place, and now they've just flipped on it. Does anyone have any idea why? Back to the good old days and umpire deciding whether it's a push or not. I wonder if Fraser Gehrig will come out of retirement now. :think:

Cotcho

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
We re pretty fortunate that jack is quite a versatile player and does some of his best work in goal assists. I expect Tom will play deeper and jack as high HF however that could very easily be switched around or one that few would expect, both play deep , one as decoy the other on the lead . Having two strong marking forwards will mean all the heat can’t be drawn to one of them or it would be at oppo peril
Remember around 2013/2014 whenever they would interview nuffie Richmond supporters all they would say is, "Jack Riewoldt doesn't lead!" or "Hardwick should be playing Jack in the goal square so he can lead". lol those idiots should write to the club and Jack to apologise. I just remembered that.

Top Bottom