The Tom Lynch 2 goals in 30 seconds freekick - AFL need to fix this

BrayBlades

Debutant
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It shouldn’t be a guaranteed 2 goals. Why are you happy for a push in the back to be worth more just because it happens in front of goal?
It’s not worth two goals, Lynch had already kicked the goal before he was pushed, how are you struggling to comprehend this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I hear your point and I ask you for perspective. Is that worse than the coat hanger as one sgifted a goal and the other there was no penalty.
I don’t recall the Ebert incident specifically, but if it was as you described then probably a 50 metre penalty was deserved.

CholEstrol

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg Manchester United
Still an infringement, everyone knows the rule. Free kicks don't get taken backwards from where they happened and they never will.

Push a player in the back or knock him over or whatever after they have kicked a goal then be prepared to be punished.
Still an infringement, everyone knows the rule. Free kicks don't get taken backwards from where they happened and they never will.

Push a player in the back or knock him over or whatever after they have kicked a goal then be prepared to be punished.
Yep have no argument you are 100% correct by the rules. But the rules seem to be more fluid these days. Even Kinkley said it was bad luck in his presser, then changed it to supposed bad lack. Didn't acknowledge that it was a no brainer free.

tigerfan1961

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
How often does a clear free kick like that happen though after a goal has already been kicked? As soon as I saw it I knew what was going to happen, and I can’t recall too many blatant ones like that.
Totally agree and I, like you, thought he’d get a second kick as it was so blatant. Not the umpires fault, was the undisciplined defender who committed the infringement

Tiger2709

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
There are only certain teams and protected species players that usually benefit from this stuff.

Just saying.
Lol it certainly isnt Richmond, check the last couple of years free kick differential we are last in both years.

I agree it should be a free in the centre but what we should be commenting on is the stupidity of pushing a player in the back a couple of seconds after he has already kicked the goal, the reason we dont see these frees often is because most players are smart enough to not do that.

Top Bottom