The Tom Lynch 2 goals in 30 seconds freekick - AFL need to fix this

What are you talking about? A blatant push in the back in front of goal by a defender is almost always a guaranteed goal. A free should be paid where it occurs or where the ball is when it occurs which ever is the greater penalty.
It shouldn’t be a guaranteed 2 goals. Why are you happy for a push in the back to be worth more just because it happens in front of goal?

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If a player takes a mark, and in the process is taken high, or is challenged with force a second late, the umps have been paying a 50 this year. Normally it is just a free kick.

Clearly the umps are happy to create the play this year.

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
The rule sucks. And those that day just don't do it miss the point. Why not make every free a shot in front of goals? You don't like well just don't do it. The rule is BS. And for those who are stickler for rules, what about those forwards that Shepherd goals through. Where's the your precious rules then.

Free kicks should be paid where the infringement happens or where the ball is, whichever is more in favour of the team infringed against.

That is how it is instructed to be interpreted. Same as 50 v Downfield. It is whichever penalty is greater.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Said it after round 1
Said it after round 2
Said it after round 3
Saying it now in round 4
UMPIRES ARE ******* OUR GAME UP. Seems like they all want to be the next 'Razor Ray'. [with all due respect to Ray]

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Richmond got screw on several occasional. At least half a dozen comical decisions
Maybe we should all go on 'Hughesy we have a problem'.
The umpires have cancelled their own revue system because some of them weren't getting home til the following thursday.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
There are only certain teams and protected species players that usually benefit from this stuff.

Just saying.

You’re better than that mate the umpiring is diabolical for everyone although some clubs ie pies, cats get a pretty good run and the OPs team don’t fare too badly, your club and mine are generally on the bend over end of the umpiring

Bone71

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
It shouldn’t be a guaranteed 2 goals. Why are you happy for a push in the back to be worth more just because it happens in front of goal?
Why are you happy for the normal rules of a free kick not to be applied? If you do not want a goal to result from a punishable act then just don't do it. The ball was dead and the shove was just plain stupid, therefore a free kick where the infringement occurred is the only logical result.

You’re better than that mate the umpiring is diabolical for everyone although some clubs ie pies, cats get a pretty good run and the OPs team don’t fare too badly, your club and mine are generally on the bend over end of the umpiring
More often than not it is the ones that are not paid that have a heavy influence in games that a stat sheet or free kick count never sees.

Some clubs get em other clubs it is just plain play on.

and yet richmond was last by miles on the overall afl free kick table
I don’t believe in the official count to much unless it is seriously lopsided as the even up frees get paid usually to the team down on the count in junk time when the game is over and in their backline etc that do not affect scoring and outcomes.

Then everyone and the AFL can say that the count was pretty even etc. Itvis the blatant ignoring of free kicks that are there but not paid that irks me. While the better teams and superstar players get the 50/50 calls every time.

Bottom teams and no name players it is just play on and nothing to see here.

More to my point about consistency that is the most frustrating.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I don’t believe in the official count to much unless it is seriously lopsided as the even up frees get paid usually to the team down on the count in junk time when the game is over and in their backline etc that do not affect scoring and outcomes.

Then everyone and the AFL can say that the count was pretty even etc. Itvis the blatant ignoring of free kicks that are there but not paid that irks me. While the better teams and superstar players get the 50/50 calls every time.

Bottom teams and no name players it is just play on and nothing to see here.

More to my point about consistency that is the most frustrating.
Don't generally agree with moderators but could not agree more.

Back