The Tom Lynch 2 goals in 30 seconds freekick - AFL need to fix this

Remove this Banner Ad

It shouldn’t be a guaranteed 2 goals. Why are you happy for a push in the back to be worth more just because it happens in front of goal?
It’s not worth two goals, Lynch had already kicked the goal before he was pushed, how are you struggling to comprehend this?

I hear your point and I ask you for perspective. Is that worse than the coat hanger as one sgifted a goal and the other there was no penalty.
I don’t recall the Ebert incident specifically, but if it was as you described then probably a 50 metre penalty was deserved.

Still an infringement, everyone knows the rule. Free kicks don't get taken backwards from where they happened and they never will.

Push a player in the back or knock him over or whatever after they have kicked a goal then be prepared to be punished.
Still an infringement, everyone knows the rule. Free kicks don't get taken backwards from where they happened and they never will.

Push a player in the back or knock him over or whatever after they have kicked a goal then be prepared to be punished.
Yep have no argument you are 100% correct by the rules. But the rules seem to be more fluid these days. Even Kinkley said it was bad luck in his presser, then changed it to supposed bad lack. Didn't acknowledge that it was a no brainer free.

How often does a clear free kick like that happen though after a goal has already been kicked? As soon as I saw it I knew what was going to happen, and I can’t recall too many blatant ones like that.
Totally agree and I, like you, thought he’d get a second kick as it was so blatant. Not the umpires fault, was the undisciplined defender who committed the infringement

There are only certain teams and protected species players that usually benefit from this stuff.

Just saying.
Lol it certainly isnt Richmond, check the last couple of years free kick differential we are last in both years.

I agree it should be a free in the centre but what we should be commenting on is the stupidity of pushing a player in the back a couple of seconds after he has already kicked the goal, the reason we dont see these frees often is because most players are smart enough to not do that.

Don’t be a gutless coward and push a bloke in the back when he is not expecting it.

Problem solved.

now the dust has settled what the verdict?

rubbish cheap goals by the afl or maybe dont deck blokes off the ball in a coward manner?

There are only certain teams and protected species players that usually benefit from this stuff.

Just saying.

for yet another season richmond were given the least amount of free kicks and had the lowest percentage free kicks for/against

WB 136%
Adelaide 135%
Suns 127%

Carlton 92%
GWS 87%
Richmond 86%

protected indeed?

just saying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back