Competitions The Tontine Challenge back for 2023

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If there wasn't already enough incentive to enter, Tonga Bob has kindly arranged a badge to be awarded to the winner, in the approximate likeness of a pillow mounted on a cup. Who wouldn't want this attached to their account forever?

1678927237421-jpeg.1630469

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I mean I spend at least six minutes of my life writing out the rules and the first bloody game exposes a glaring loophole. What a great comp!

I'm giving them a win, well done Carlton tippers. I'll revise the rules now. From now on if you tip the favourite and it's a draw, you are dead. Tip the non favourite and you live on but don't get your immunity.

Yeah I mean I spend at least six minutes of my life writing out the rules and the first bloody game exposes a glaring loophole. What a great comp!

I'm giving them a win, well done Carlton tippers. I'll revise the rules now. From now on if you tip the favourite and it's a draw, you are dead. Tip the non favourite and you live on but don't get your immunity.
I like the idea of raw carnage. Everyone dies in a draw

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Tapatalk

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like the idea of raw carnage. Everyone dies in a draw

I just can't tap my inner Wagner mercenary the way you can

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it too late to choose if the round has begun?

Yes it is, sorry Spirit Level

If history is any guide you'll only need to wait until about round 5 before we have a winner and get to start the comp all over again, so don't look away for too long

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was having second thoughts on my Hawks tip until I saw Wright is out. That cancels Lewis missing and Hawks brand >> Dons brand.

Also, I reckon if its a draw and you tipped anyone, you're out. If you tip the draw and its a draw, you get 3 lives.

Wait, what? See below

Gee its tempting to select North or West Coast... but for that to have utility it assumes I'd be able to pick 16 straight which might be optimistic.

Collingwood.

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Yes it is, sorry Spirit Level

If history is any guide you'll only need to wait until about round 5 before we have a winner and get to start the comp all over again, so don't look away for too long
Wait what?

Surely not, it's not like we're tipping every game and it's only round 1 so there have been no knockouts yet

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wait what?

Surely not, it's not like we're tipping every game and it's only round 1 so there have been no knockouts yet
OK you're in.
Geez the comp rules have gone from resembling a Marquess of Queensberry standard of precision to an unregulated cage fight in 24 hours. I blame Carlton.

Wobbly Punt

All Australian
Feb 24, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
OK you're in.
Geez the comp rules have gone from resembling a Marquess of Queensberry standard of precision to an unregulated cage fight in 24 hours. I blame Carlton.
Nice job, seeing that's the case I'll jump in late too as last night's game wasn't of interest to me in this anyway as I wanted to see some more teams news first and was waiting for that.

North for me, get them out of the way early.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now that late comers are allowed, so as to not disadvantage any of those playing that got their homework in on time, if you do want to change your tip you can do so up until the kickoff of your originally nominated game. So Joao if you want to change from Collingwood to Hawthorn let me know in the next few hours.
But that is just this week peeps, I'm going full rule nazi from next round onwards - tips before first game kicks off or you get the longest priced dud as your default. No exceptions.

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now that late comers are allowed, so as to not disadvantage any of those playing that got their homework in on time, if you do want to change your tip you can do so up until the kickoff of your originally nominated game. So Joao if you want to change from Collingwood to Hawthorn let me know in the next few hours.
But that is just this week peeps, I'm going full rule nazi from next round onwards - tips before first game kicks off or you get the longest priced dud as your default. No exceptions.
Great! In that case, I pick Richmond.

Back