List Mgmt. The too early 2019 trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be awesome to get both players and base our midfield around brad, Matt, Rowell, Anderson for the next 8 years!.. also throwing the likes of chayce Jones and Ned mchenry into that mix.. I’ve liked the look of Jones when he’s been thrown into the centre bounces in the sanfl at times... real speed and great skills... and he’ll only get better.

But it just seems like something that GC would be more attracted to than Adelaide... they have more to offer us too when it comes to a trade.. if we had pick 1 or 2 they would be silly not to offer Rankine up for it IMO and get Rowell and Anderson instead. Rankine won’t hang around.
With Rankine's soft tissue injuries - IF GC were prepared to look at a trade, then what I think would be fair would be pick 1 (or 2) + our pick 19 for Rankine and pick 12 (the Brisbane 1st round pick they have). It values Rankine below pick 1 and still gives us a 1st rounder. They then can take Anderson and Rowell.

With Rankine's soft tissue injuries - IF GC were prepared to look at a trade, then what I think would be fair would be pick 1 (or 2) + our pick 19 for Rankine and pick 12 (the Brisbane 1st round pick they have). It values Rankine below pick 1 and still gives us a 1st rounder. They then can take Anderson and Rowell.
Yikes, way too much for Rankine.

Lewis Young KPD 197cm 96 Kegs, only 20 still, another with a December birthday so very young when drafted, SA boy, out of favour with Beveridge, continues to play decent footy in the VFL but doesn't look like getting a call up. Played 7 AFL games and impressed in 2017, 2 AFL games only in 2018 [16 VFL - 7 times in bests] and just 2 AFL games earlier in 2019 - 8 VFL 4 times in bests]. Contracted until 2020 but has to be getting frustrated at not getting an AFL gig surely? Wouldn't cost too much in trade tickets IMO.

We should be looking to absolutely get him and Bailey Williams in a package deal.

Bit of noise on the WBD board that BW may want to come home. I couldn't throw my hat in the ring quick enough. Guy has it all, good skills and excellent short range kicking, good reader of the play, great mark, good contested work but also good on the outside. Probably just lacks a little top end speed adn acceleration, but one of those good at everything types. Can play HBF, wing, Inside Mid or HFF.

Those 2 cheap would be very good 'moneyball' gets and are in the perfect age brackets for where we are heading.

Does pick 32 get us both of them?

We should be looking to absolutely get him and Bailey Williams in a package deal.

Bit of noise on the WBD board that BW may want to come home. I couldn't throw my hat in the ring quick enough. Guy has it all, good skills and excellent short range kicking, good reader of the play, great mark, good contested work but also good on the outside. Probably just lacks a little top end speed adn acceleration, but one of those good at everything types. Can play HBF, wing, Inside Mid or HFF.

Those 2 cheap would be very good 'moneyball' gets and are in the perfect age brackets for where we are heading.

More like they want Keath or Atkins in exchange for both those young lads. Which we would say no to

More like they want Keath or Atkins in exchange for both those young lads. Which we would say no to

I'd be more than okay with working a deal for Atkins for those 2 + steak knives.

I feel like with Bailey, plus the emergency of Jones and McHenry, Atkins could be very expendable.

I'd be more than okay with working a deal for Atkins for those 2 + steak knives.

I feel like with Bailey, plus the emergency of Jones and McHenry, Atkins could be very expendable.
Id also consider it too, Keath is a no but Atkins is a maybe for sure.
But Atkins is the new mackay so goodluck convincing the club to part with him

Clearly some guys won't be offered another contract in Sauce, Otten, and Douglas. I used to have DMAC on that list, but it would be so typical for the AFC to offer him a 1 year extension for experienced depth.

Imo Sauce will continue on 1 yr contracts from now on...unless traded.
We don’t have much quality ruck depth behind ROB and Sauce.

Unless requests JJ won’t be traded

Looking forward to end of 3rd round compo for CEY.

At this point he's clearly worth more to us than letting him go.

Stick fat with him for 8 years then when he finally clicks he walks would be peak crows but from what I've heard he's pretty firmly based in Adelaide so hopefully hangs around and pays back the faith

Yeah some enquiries were made when CEY was demoted to rookie list but he chose to remain in Adelaide.
Expect would take quite a big offer for him to move interstate.

If we end up with pick 1 or 2 and GC the other... it will be interesting to see if GC come hard for our pick so they can grab both Rowell and Anderson given how close the lads are friendship wise..

Long way to go yet though... one of them might slide down in contention this year or, god forbid, one might get an injury that sees them miss half the season and slide..

We still have to keep hoping Carlton continue with their current failure to win games.. they aren’t playing that badly but they just can’t seem to get over the line..
Risky, if you end up losing one it might be both!

With Greenwood holidaying in Gold Coast this week it made me think. I really want to keep him in our team, although he has stated publicly he’s looking for his one big pay with his years left in footy.

Gold Coast would prob give him the deal he’d like... would pick 1/2 and Greenwood get us Luko and Rankine with obviously some other things to go back and forth?

I think I I’d do that deal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I absolutely agree. I have loved Bailey Williams since his draft year. I like him in the midfield more than half back. Can find plenty of the ball, clean at stoppages, good skills, good size. I think he hasn’t been forced back there due to Bulldogs having such a good midfield. It’s handy that he can play other positions though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Greenwood holidaying in Gold Coast this week it made me think. I really want to keep him in our team, although he has stated publicly he’s looking for his one big pay with his years left in footy.

Gold Coast would prob give him the deal he’d like... would pick 1/2 and Greenwood get us Luko and Rankine with obviously some other things to go back and forth?

Funnily enough i've actually thought that Greenwood would be an ideal fit at the Gold Coast. Big bodied midfielder with a bit of X factor and can play midfield or forward. I think he would probably win a few B&F's for them. And although I would hate to see it, if Greenwood were to leave, i'd be much more comfortable with him heading to the Suns then pretty much any other team!

Regarding the deal you are proposing, I have my doubts that GC will ever voluntarily put up Luko and Rankine for trade. We will probably have to wait and hope those 2 boys eventually force their hand on that one.

According to Barrett in Sliding doors Ryder is now very unlikely to be at the Power next season after being dropped for the first time in his career. Pretty much his go to journalistic response when any SA team drops a senior player.

I still don't get this obsession with getting Lukosius.

According to Barrett in Sliding doors Ryder is now very unlikely to be at the Power next season after being dropped for the first time in his career. Pretty much his go to journalistic response when any SA team drops a senior player.

Operating on a basis that every veteran player has a tantrum so big after being dropped for poor form that they'll storm out of club HQ in a huff.

Operating on a basis that every veteran player has a tantrum so big after being dropped for poor form that they'll storm out of club HQ in a huff.
It's click-bait journalism at best, and the worst think is I used to really like that segment, but recently its gone way down hill. And subsequently so has my opinion on Barrett!

It's click-bait journalism at best, and the worst think is I used to really like that segment, but recently its gone way down hill. And subsequently so has my opinion on Barrett!

I thought it was always a bit silly from the beginning anyway, I think he has an overinflated idea of his own opinions - though I've noticed he's mostly stopped speaking for other people, more 'I think' than 'we think' now.

I thought it was always a bit silly from the beginning anyway, I think he has an overinflated idea of his own opinions - though I've noticed he's mostly stopped speaking for other people, more 'I think' than 'we think' now.
I didn't mind the concept. The 'What If' element used to be a fun concept. But I agree, it reads like he a lot of the time Damien no longer distinguishes between 'opinion' and 'fact'

Probably also to do with him wanting a longer contract than port will offer at this stage.
I heard Tom Rehn say yesterday that port really rate Ladhams and have been really surprised how far he’s come in the last 6months.
Maybe port reckon they can do without Ryder.
They aren’t short on talls.

Probably also to do with him wanting a longer contract than port will offer at this stage.
I heard Tom Rehn say yesterday that port really rate Ladhams and have been really surprised how far he’s come in the last 6months.
Maybe port reckon they can do without Ryder.
They aren’t short on talls.
No, talls is one thing they definitely have an abundance of!

Three way trade:

Keath and 12 (GCS) to Melb for 5 and 23.
Greenwood and 5 to GCS for Lukosius and 12.
Lukosius and 23 to Adelaide for Greenwood and Keath.

Then:

19 and 34 to GWS for pick 8 (points trade for Green.

Crows go into the draft with Luko, 2, 8 and 23.

Look, it's far fetched, but this IS the internet ...

Would we trade ROB? Peak value right now, especially if we are into Grundy?

Retire Sauce and give Ryder 2 years for the lols
If we trade ROB at absolutely maximum we get a late 1st rounder in return. And given his lack of games I think even that would be pretty far fetched. At the same time we would be giving up our first ever top 3 pick, and paying Grundy $1.2M+...

So admittedly we would be getting a star of the competition, but for me, we are also losing a potentially a star with our top 3 pick, as well as what looks like a very strong young ruckman... Not to mention the Salary cap squeeze Grundy's contract would put on us in the next 5-6 years.

IMO ROB playing this well this early is a list management gold mine. Its like finding free money, and i'm talking boat loads of free money!

Funnily enough i've actually thought that Greenwood would be an ideal fit at the Gold Coast. Big bodied midfielder with a bit of X factor and can play midfield or forward. I think he would probably win a few B&F's for them. And although I would hate to see it, if Greenwood were to leave, i'd be much more comfortable with him heading to the Suns then pretty much any other team!

Regarding the deal you are proposing, I have my doubts that GC will ever voluntarily put up Luko and Rankine for trade. We will probably have to wait and hope those 2 boys eventually force their hand on that one.

Yeah I really don’t think GC would like to entertain that either but stranger things have happened. Should be an interesting trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back