List Mgmt. The too early 2019 trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a thought. Horrible thought, although knowing our luck anything is possible.
The AFL couldn’t give the Gold Coast a PP at the start of first round could they?
As they’ve been so s***. Or have they scrapped it for just end of first round now?
I’m sure Gill would love to get Rowell and Anderson together on the GC.
That is indeed a horrible thought.

Although the AFL has moved to preferring to give matured player picks to help struggling clubs last year, they can still give priority picks if they think it needed - rules below from 2018 AFL Rules.

I hope the AFC tell them to go and gag an f if they try to give GC and extra top 2 pick.

19.2 Special Assistance
(a) At the conclusion of the Home and Away Matches in each Football Year, the Commission may determine in its absolute discretion that a Club is entitled to one or more priority selections at the next occurring National Draft Selection Meeting. Such right to one or more priority draft selections shall be exercisable during the Draft as directed by the Commission.
(b) The Commission will exercise its discretion under this Rule 19 only in exceptional circumstances taking into account a recommendation from the AFL Executive, the recent on field performance of a Club and any other matter the Commission in its absolute discretion regards relevant.

Just had a thought. Horrible thought, although knowing our luck anything is possible.
The AFL couldn’t give the Gold Coast a PP at the start of first round could they?
As they’ve been so s***. Or have they scrapped it for just end of first round now?
I’m sure Gill would love to get Rowell and Anderson together on the GC.

If it didn't happen last year, it not happening this year. Gold Coast are regular bad not historic bad (seeing they'll probably jag one or two more wins on the run home).

It’s a bit out of left field but the young bloke I’d love is to poach is Jack Petruccelle (sp.?) from West Coast. He’s got the explosive speed we desperately need plus great skills and the ability to play midfield.

He’s one that I’ve seen enough to say he’ll be a ten year gun and it’s a reasonable risk/reward to give him an over the odds offer now to tempt him before he’s too established.

It’s a bit out of left field but the young bloke I’d love is to poach is Jack Petruccelle (sp.?) from West Coast. He’s got the explosive speed we desperately need plus great skills and the ability to play midfield.

He’s one that I’ve seen enough to say he’ll be a ten year gun and it’s a reasonable risk/reward to give him an over the odds offer now to tempt him before he’s too established.
Kicking must have improved immeasurably since the 2 years I saw him playing TAC. Blinding speed and good athleticism but couldn't kick for s**t?.

Kicking must have improved immeasurably since the 2 years I saw him playing TAC. Blinding speed and good athleticism but couldn't kick for ****?.
Don’t take it as gospel but the bits I’ve seen of him I thought his skills - including kicking - looked sharp...and he knows where the goals are. Being able to kick at top speed is hard and he seemed to be able to do it well. I’m going to watch him more closely now.

Don’t take it as gospel but the bits I’ve seen of him I thought his skills - including kicking - looked sharp...and he knows where the goals are. Being able to kick at top speed is hard and he seemed to be able to do it well. I’m going to watch him more closely now.
I think you're being a bit kind and have got a bit too excited at his raw pace.

AFL site reporting Fantasia wants a trade home this year....but you guessed it, Port are said to be in the box seat. This time it’s the Basset/Norwood relationship.

Why does this always happen!

AFL site reporting Fantasia wants a trade home this year....but you guessed it, Port are said to be in the box seat. This time it’s the Basset/Norwood relationship.

As good as Raz is, he averages 10 games a season and probably 25% of those he ends up sitting on the bench for most of the game. Bloke is made of porcelain - happy to pass on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's to say Bassett will be there ?? I have no doubt he will put his hand up for any AFL head coaching role.

I'd love him in the side and we currently have a solid draft hand. They might be able to use someone like CEY plus a 2nd rounder too

Port's pick is probably about right too if it ends up in the top 10 and Essendon don't currently have a first rounder

Would love him at the crows. Perfect Eddie replacement

As good as Raz is, he averages 10 games a season and probably 25% of those he ends up sitting on the bench for most of the game. Bloke is made of porcelain - happy to pass on him.
Wasn't there a redhorse style rummor a year or two ago that he wanted to play with us because he wanted to play with Eddie?

I still want Francis from them

It would be nice to read at some stage in the future that a SA player is homesick and wants to play for the Crows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back