List Mgmt. The too early Jackson Edwards 2017 Draft Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
VB never had skill or poise pre or post injury.

He had an amazing work ethic, character and courage but was a poor disposer and decision maker his whole career.

You dont make a player a captain because he trys hard he was an excellent player for the club, its like Thommo people are bagging him now, the guy has played 300 games of AFL has attracted more Brownlow votes overall than any other crow including Macca and Roo, he was a deadset elite player. How people forget

Pretty sure Gibbs at the same age was a freak he was playing league footy at 16 when he was 17 he was playing league and getting top 3 in the best weekly, Gibbs kicking at that level was elite and was super super good, he had a first round pick named after him. Clearly the best player by a mile of his draft year

You would think Jackosn will become an AFL footballer you are right he has no real X factor just good consistent stuff, maybe along the VB lines very reliable which is why VB captained our club
Gibbs was a dead set gun, you're right. But what I am saying is that Jackson could very much become a player of his ilk. Similar physical attributes, playing that inside/outside role, clean disposal...

Not comparing their junior careers, but the type of player Jackson may become.

VB was caiptain due to exemplary leadership skills and beung an unbelievably courageous player whom runs all day. Was a great example on the track and never shirked the issue in a contest or similar. To be honest, the closest player to VB on our current list is Jake Kelly. Not a "great" player, but solid, fills a role and puts in 100% on and off field.

Thommo was a great of the club, but is now over the hill unfortunately. Age gets to even the best

J. Edwards - 19 Disposals (11 Kicks, 8 HBs) 3 Tackles, 4 I50s, 2 Behinds.

L.Edwards - 25 Disposals (15 Hicks, 10 HBs) 7 Tackles, 9 I50s, 1 Goal, 2 Behinds

Also Luke Edwards has been named in the SA U16 squad.
I read on the u/16 squad list that Luke is already 186cm and he is only 15, kids going to be a gun.

You dont make a player a captain because he trys hard he was an excellent player for the club, its like Thommo people are bagging him now, the guy has played 300 games of AFL has attracted more Brownlow votes overall than any other crow including Macca and Roo, he was a deadset elite player. How people forget
People do tend to forget, I agree on thommo and it's sad. However, VB was never an excellent player. He was solid to good for a while and a good leader by all accounts.

I read on the u/16 squad list that Luke is already 186cm and he is only 15, kids going to be a gun.
I remember in the photos of Edwards sons in their younger years with Tyson at the game, Luke was always the same size as Jackson even though he was a few years younger.

He might be lucky and play seniors this week due to the As poor performance, Fogarty had a shocker but you would think sharenberg will get promoted with a BOG 30 possession game in the twos

Martini is still travelling ok in the As though usually gets around 15 disposals and holds his own

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He might be lucky and play seniors this week due to the As poor performance, Fogarty had a shocker but you would think sharenberg will get promoted with a BOG 30 possession game in the twos

Martini is still travelling ok in the As though usually gets around 15 disposals and holds his own

I hope we've got a special one with this one, if not this one the next brother or the brother after that haha

Tyson Edwards is the gift that keeps on giving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look to have played. Interesting to see Scharenberg playing magoos, did the talent scouts actually have it right?
I was just wondering if Shaz would be playing seniors yet. Was considering if he would have been worth a rookie pick, and honestly think he would lack the X-factor for that.

Still amazes me that he didnt go late though.

How did the boy go on the weekend? Cant be stuffed trying to navigate that abortion of a SANFL website.
He actually played in the SA U18's versus North Adelaide 2's trial game on Friday night which the U18's won convincingly and suffered a concussion unfortunately for Jackson.

Last edited:
He actually played in the SA U18's versus North Adelaide 2's trial game on Friday night which the U18's won convincingly and suffered a concussion unfortunately for Jackson.
Any word on how Jackson is? Was it a heavy knock?

Any word on how Jackson is? Was it a heavy knock?

AFL U18 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Saturday June 10 – 2pm (SA time)
McDonald’s SA U18 v Western Australia
Domain Stadium, Perth

McDONALD’S SA U18

F: Sam Davis, Callum Coleman-Jones, James Rowe

HF: Jackson Edwards, Jack Lukosius, Jordan Houlahan

C: Charlie Ballard, Darcy Fogarty, Izak Rankine

HB: Mitchell Coles, Thomas Schmusch, Isaac Hewson

B: Brad McCarthy, Harrison Petty, Lachlan Pascoe

R: Ruben Flinn, Alex Martini, Mitchell Crowden

INT: Jakob Heitmann, Stefan Giro, Jackson Hately, Connor Rozee, Jake Weidemann, Brodie Carroll, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Domain Stadium, Perth

McDONALD’S SA U18

INT: Jakob Heitmann, Stefan Giro, Jackson Hately, Connor Rozee, Jake Weidemann, Brodie Carroll, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
No Koster?
How do you rate our team this year? They say it is better than WA.

Domain Stadium, Perth

McDONALD’S SA U18

Watch martini go, watching the bays he is one of the best from our club he has Edwards covered hasn't missed a league game this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back