List Mgmt. The too early Jackson Edwards 2017 Draft Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness though I liked the highlights against Vic country, yes he got a lot of outside footy & sometimes kicked forward blindly under pressure (this can be coached) he also handballed a lot under pressure which seemed to hit targets OK.

Agree with others he moves like Simon Black & I noticed he kicks with his left foot and handballs with his right hand, so that would make him a very balanced player. He's not a future Brownlow medallist by any stretch but I reckon he has the tools to be just as effective as his dad

AFC already playing games ??

Going by the stories of Jake Lever and how the Crows had been in contact for a couple of seasons before the draft I suspect it must be common practise for clubs to contact potential draftees they are interested in fairly often. I would be curious to find out from Tyson or Jackson whether they have been contacted by other clubs testing the waters on whether he is committed to the Crows. I hope he skates through father son bidding cheap.

I think this is actually a real positive for crows,.. push him further off clubs radars... Crows should nominate him come draft time,. and with a little luck grab him with 4th-5th rounder... Gold Value.. Mark my words,.. will play 3-5 games for us in 2018.

I think this is actually a real positive for crows,.. push him further off clubs radars... Crows should nominate him come draft time,. and with a little luck grab him with 4th-5th rounder... Gold Value.. Mark my words,.. will play 3-5 games for us in 2018.
Okay I will.

He's going to be fairly undersized if he does get picked up.

Okay I will.

He's going to be fairly undersized if he does get picked up.
looks lean AF,.. I agree with the comparison to Simon Black,.. should start as an outside mid, but evolve into the Pendlebury/Black Style player,. mixture of both but get alot of outside ball,. not saying of course he will be as good as them guaranteed,. but hey.. dare to dream.

Going by the stories of Jake Lever and how the Crows had been in contact for a couple of seasons before the draft I suspect it must be common practise for clubs to contact potential draftees they are interested in fairly often. I would be curious to find out from Tyson or Jackson whether they have been contacted by other clubs testing the waters on whether he is committed to the Crows. I hope he skates through father son bidding cheap.
The potential draftees to be most interested in are the ones that already have been pursued and signed up by the big management groups, they don't get it wrong very often.

Edwards - pick 45 onwards IMO . Rookie would be best result like Jars

Needs a lot of work

What are his areas of development Jeffcrowe? The Crows were very impressed with him when he was training with them. Do you see any AFL qualities in him?

What are his areas of development Jeffcrowe? The Crows were very impressed with him when he was training with them. Do you see any AFL qualities in him?
Yes but he needs to reinvent his game or become the next james aish- too slow , lack of speed/power and lack of penetration . He's way too uncontested at moment which he gets away with at least levels with smarts

But if he puts on some size and gets fierce in contest and works on his inside game he can make it . He's a smart player ( like Aish ) he should be watching Simon Black tapes on repeat and looking to be that type of guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only have to match a bid
Depends on how highly they rate him.

If we nominate Edwards for the ND, then we have to match any bids made for him. If nobody bids, then we get him with our last "live" selection in the draft. The catch is that we have to take him with that last selection, if he's still available. If there's someone else available at that pick, who we rate more highly, that's just bad luck - we'd have to take Edwards.

If we don't nominate him for the ND, then we have no recourse if another club decides to draft him. If he slides all the way through, and doesn't get drafted, then we can do what we did with Jarman - nominate him in the RD, at which point no other club can touch him.

We know that Edwards didn't receive nominations from 3 clubs, and won't be attending the National Combine. History says that's unlikely to be because he's a F/S nominee, it's more likely to be because the recruiters don't rate him that highly.

A year ago we were talking about Edwards as a 1st round draftee, now I read about him possibly falling to the 3rd round, without an invitation to the Combine.

I have no idea how highly the AFC rates Edwards, or how highly the other clubs rate him either. I think we'll probably nominate him for the ND, rather than taking the risk with the RD (as we did with Jarman). I wouldn't be betting the house on it though.

We only have to match a bid
Yeah, but if we want to rookie him we have to elect not to match before the draft.

For example, with Ben Jarman, if a team in the 2016 AFL draft nominated Ben with pick 76 the Crows would not have had the opportunity to match as they had passed on pre-listing him (presumably since they thought he was only worthy of a rookie spot).

Will be interesting, considering what Tyson had to say about the Ben Jarman situation. Could be another piece of drama between the Jarman/Edwards family and the Adelaide Footy Club.

I don't think that would be an issue. Both the younger Edwards brothers attended the Crows junior academy day. You would think that if there was a genuine issue between Edwards and the Club they wouldn't go near the place.

Yeah, but if we want to rookie him we have to elect not to match before the draft.

For example, with Ben Jarman, if a team in the 2016 AFL draft nominated Ben with pick 76 the Crows would not have had the opportunity to match as they had passed on pre-listing him (presumably since they thought he was only worthy of a rookie spot).

Yeah I realise that

Reckon we will match a late bid ( ie find him draftable in main draft unlike Jars)

Yeah I realise that

Reckon we will match a late bid ( ie find him draftable in main draft unlike Jars)
I agree. Assuming the Crows win the flag, if Jackson goes at pick 45 (i.e. middle of the 3rd round) then it would cost the Crows their pick 53 and pick 71 dropping to the end of the draft, so no major loss there.

I expect the Crows to maybe grab another picks in the 3rd or 4th round as insurance in case he ends up being an early third round pick. Otherwise their 2018 first round pick will get pushed back a place or two to pay for the leftover points, which is a much bigger cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back