The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the double post lads, just wanted to say, I was at the Newcastle v Everton game Boxing Day 2015. The lads lost on the last header of the day... Anyway, what I wanted to share was that the entire stadium of fans stood up at a designated time in the first half and clapped for one whole minute despite what was happening on the field in memory of those two passionate NU fans who perished in that lost Malaysian Airlines flight some years ago. It was eerie but also really touching.

Newcastle United fans are so loyal they pack or St James no matter what division they are in or who their opponent is. 40,000 fans is massive in English football and makes a joke of nearly every NRL crowd.

Sorry for the double post lads, just wanted to say, I was at the Newcastle v Everton game Boxing Day 2015. The lads lost on the last header of the day... Anyway, what I wanted to share was that the entire stadium of fans stood up at a designated time in the first half and clapped for one whole minute despite what was happening on the field in memory of those two passionate NU fans who perished in that lost Malaysian Airlines flight some years ago. It was eerie but also really touching.

Newcastle United fans are so loyal they pack or St James no matter what division they are in or who their opponent is. 40,000 fans is massive in English football and makes a joke of nearly every NRL crowd.

If I'm not mistaken, they have continued the clapping tradition. Initially was going to be just for 1 season but pretty sure they did it last season and even this season as well.

Believe we've averaged over 50k in the Championship this season and are the only club to crack 1 million in attendances. Fair effort! I've never been but it's where I most want to go. :D

What a finish. Whilst promotion was the goal to finish champions is brilliant. A big boo to whoever decided that out of 3 championship games they televised Newcastle wasnt one of them

Amazing turn of events.

We went up 2-0 and Villa were squandering chance after chance apparently.
We score a third then news that Brighton have scored a penalty against the run of play and Villa being reduced to 10 men. St James' went flat.

89th minute equaliser by Villa.
And we are champions!

Nice to cap off the season with a trophy. Great scenes and rewards for everyone. Just need Cashley to give Rafa a healthy transfer budget and we can really start going places in the next few years!

You beauty! Promotion was what we wanted, but to win the trophy in injury time of the last game is pretty damn cool :)

Big changes needed in the squad though, apart from about 6-8 players there's not a lot of top flight quality there.

Yup, not wrong. Just need Cashley to cough up the cash. Apparently Wonga is no more and a new sponsor should be announced soon. Rumoured to be a Chinese betting agency - hopefully that means more $$$ :)

Yup, not wrong. Just need Cashley to cough up the cash. Apparently Wonga is no more and a new sponsor should be announced soon. Rumoured to be a Chinese betting agency - hopefully that means more $$$ :)

Joey Barton would like that!

Boro down. We will be the sole representative of the North East in the PL next season. Given our derby efforts in the last few years, probably not a bad thing!

Hopefully the Mackems end up down in league one with Blackburn.
Reading the article on newcastle fan website truefaith.co.uk they are well and truly ****ed financially. 5th highest spenders in the transfer market for relegation. Interesting and slightly scary reading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the article on newcastle fan website truefaith.co.uk they are well and truly ****** financially. 5th highest spenders in the transfer market for relegation. Interesting and slightly scary reading.

Yeah they are in a pretty bad way. Not many good sellable assets (player wise). Most are either hacks, old or both. Defoe one of their few players who can hold his head high from this season can leave on a free. Bloated wage structure will make it hard to move on some of the trash and heavy debt I believe.

They need a big clean out (like we did) but at least Cashley gave Rafa money to rebuild the squad. Will Ellis Short (their owner) be the same?

I think something like only 4 teams in the last 6-7 seasons have bounced back from relegation at the first go. And 2 of those were us! It's a pretty ominous stat.

Looks like Rafa is set to stay and be given a nice little warchest to rebuild the squad!

Plus with the new sponsorship deal rumoured to be the most lucrative in the club's history, a new 125 year anniversary kit to be unveiled soon - lots of reasons to be optimistic for the future!

New kit and sponsor for next season.

Retro style for our 125th year anniversary. I like the kit (apparently will have red numbers too) but not 100% on the logo. Apparently the most lucrative sponsorship deal in the club's history though so that's a positive (especially if Rafa gets to spend all the money haha).

C_4C1CHW0AE8umI.jpg:large

So sad to hear about chiek tiote overnight. That 4th goal against arsenal in 4-4 draw is one of favourite newcastle goals of all times. Old mate loved a cruching tackle and yellow card too!!

Very sad news. Always gave his all and was a great buy and success. His goal against the gunners in the 4-4 draw was amazing. Had another rocket against City that was chalked off too from memory.

30 is too young for someone in the prime of his life.

Agreed fellas, way too young.
Sounds like he was a different character than I'd imagined too.Great humour and professionalism is what everyone is saying.
'His smile lit up the dressing room!'
Vale Cheick.
Thanks for the memories.

Bump.

Slow transfer window for us it seems - just the Atsu and Lejeune (CB) signing to show so far. Hopefully got some more in the works - if the papers are to be believed, Rafa may be getting a bit frustrated at the lack of progress. Seems a winger may be our next focus.

Newcastle-Unveil-New-Signing-Florian-Lejeune.jpg

Not a whole lot else to report. Seems this could be our third kit.

Love the all black stripes. If the logo ends up being gold, it will look mint IMO. Hopefully avoid the fluro blue (had enough of that with Wonga).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back