The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Most pressing need for us is to sign a capable LB to replace Dummett. He's just no good. After that a striker and/or a number 10.
Good win overnight vs Wolfsburg. Pumped to see us back in the prem!

Yup was a good result after a disappointing performance against Mainz. Mitro and Gayle really putting them in. The assist from Merino for Atsu's goal was glorious. If he can produce more passes like that, he'll do some damage.

Atsu could be anything going by his pre-season and how good has Manquillo been? When Yedlin comes back I think we should shift Manquillo to LB, have Yedlin on the right and wave by by to Dummy.

How are you lads watching the games? Anyone HDMI cord from the iPad to the TV? If so how is the picture?

Atsu could be anything going by his pre-season and how good has Manquillo been? When Yedlin comes back I think we should shift Manquillo to LB, have Yedlin on the right and wave by by to Dummy.

How are you lads watching the games? Anyone HDMI cord from the iPad to the TV? If so how is the picture?

Can Manquillo play on the left? If so that's a great idea. Dummett needs to go.

This year I'll be watching via the Optus sports app... parents have Optus internet so I can use their account. I have an android and ChromeCast so just cast to TV, worked ok last year.

Can Manquillo play on the left? If so that's a great idea. Dummett needs to go.

This year I'll be watching via the Optus sports app... parents have Optus internet so I can use their account. I have an android and ChromeCast so just cast to TV, worked ok last year.

Yeah it's stated that he plays both full back positions naturally, he doesn't mind, I am literally dreading this weekend with Delle Alli running at Dummy this weekend, let's just sit back and think about that for a second...

So I have the app, it should be sweet to use and HDMI from my iPad to the smart TV?

Yeah it's stated that he plays both full back positions naturally, he doesn't mind, I am literally dreading this weekend with Delle Alli running at Dummy this weekend, let's just sit back and think about that for a second...

So I have the app, it should be sweet to use and HDMI from my iPad to the smart TV?

Dummett would struggle to contain Sissoko.

I assume you could just cast the screen from the iPad over to the TV via HDMI but I'm not 100% sure on Apple.

Dummett would struggle to contain Sissoko.

I assume you could just cast the screen from the iPad over to the TV via HDMI but I'm not 100% sure on Apple.

On the aussie toon boards thats what they have said to be able to do, hopefully mine works, i'll be filthy if I have to watch on the iPad.

Dummy is a donut, absolute donut.

Anyone got this seasons jersey?

What do people see as our best side for the Spurs opener?

I'd probably go with

---------------Elliot---------------
Manquillo--Clark--Lejeune--Dummett
----------Shelvey--Hayden--------
Ritchie--------Perez--------Atsu
--------------Mitro---------------

• Wanted to chuck Merino in there but can see him starting on the bench. Hayden's defensive work rate might be preferred.
  • Gayle has a bit of a cloud over him but Mitro has a fine record against Spurs haha.

On the aussie toon boards thats what they have said to be able to do, hopefully mine works, i'll be filthy if I have to watch on the iPad.

Dummy is a donut, absolute donut.

Anyone got this seasons jersey?

I think I'm definitely getting the home and third jerseys. Love both.

P.S may be alone here but I don't actually mind Dummett....though I wish we still had Santon. Wouldn't mind an upgrade at LB either way.

Manquillo at LB might be a good shout. Lad has talent - just hard to shine when you are surrounded by poop like he was at Sunderland lol

What do people see as our best side for the Spurs opener?

I'd probably go with

---------------Elliot---------------
----------Shelvey--Hayden--------
Ritchie--------Perez--------Atsu
--------------Mitro---------------

• Wanted to chuck Merino in there but can see him starting on the bench. Hayden's defensive work rate might be preferred.
  • Gayle has a bit of a cloud over him but Mitro has a fine record against Spurs haha.

----------- Elliott----------
---------- Shelvey--Merino-------
Ritchie-----Murphy------Atsu
-----------Mitro------------

I want Murphy in, a bit hard on the wings as Atsu has dominated and Ritchie deserves to start, but I'd probably take Murphy long term over Ritchie, still I think he is the better option than Perez personally.

Yeah doesn't bode well does it. If he can't invest in the team, he should sell up shop.

Was at least glad to hear Charnley answers to Rafa and not the other way around. Rafa seems to have made a few comments that he's been in cash light situations before too so hopefully he can help us punch above our weight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been as big a critic as Mike Ashley as anyone but I didn't have too much of an issue with his interview, he doesn't have the wealth of some of the other owners and coupled with the fact that we are a newly promoted club, there is only going to be limited funds to spend, I would love to see another few through the door and while that might still happen, I can understand why it has been a bit difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad start but if we're going to keep looking for long balls, we should be playing Mitro so he can act as a target man.

Dummett and now Lejeune off with injuries. Not good to have used 2 subs during the first half...

0-0 HT. Not bad, at least we're not losing - though we haven't created many clear cut chances either (neither have they).

Shelvey red due to a dumb stamp. Not much in it but he knew what he was doing and ref caught him in the act.

Really cost us the game - we were looking steady up until that point.

Looks like 2-0 FT.

Shelvey can EAD... please let the Wilshere rumours be true so this petulant wanka can sit in the dugout.

Very poor - especially since he was given the captain's armband.

Talented player but he really needs to stamp (pun somewhat intended lol) this side of his game out. Remember he got rubbed out for the racism thing against that Wolves bloke (he maintains his innocence but it's things like this that make it hard to believe him).

Other than losing, a few positives to take.
  • Lejeune looked good before going off.
  • Atsu probably our best.
  • Merino looked good when he came on.
  • Manquillo was not bad, Hayden also did some nice things on his PL debut.
  • We don't play a top 10 side from last year for quite a while (I think in the next 10 games the commentator said?).

We desperately need some quality, Rafa had us set up excellent but I don't want to be sitting deep the whole season and countering teams, particularly at home.

Atsu looks all class, so does Lejeune until that grub Kane almost killed him. Merino should start this weekend you would think, Manquillo looked good as well, I think I still prefer Yedlin at RB but I think Manquillo can play on the left to. Clark was solid at LB but he is a much better CB, we badly need some fire power, Gayle and Perez gave little to nothing.

Agree mate. If we're going to resort to long balls, I think Mitro would be a better option. Can offer some presence up forward. Definitely need an injection of quality though otherwise it will be a slog this season. Cashley watching the game, time to dig a bit deep into the pockets bud.

Yedlin should be back later in the month and Dummett might be out for a while with his injury so Yedlin and Manquillo in the FB positions with Clark going back to CB.

Shelvey is deadset one of the dumbest players going around. To think he even had the captain's armband & then did that. He should never be captain again.

Was kind of glad to see Dummett go off. Dummett himself isn't even at backup level though, and we had no backup. Clark did OK though I thought.

Kane should have seen red. Disappointed he didn't especially considering Lejuene had to go off. Lejeune looks class though.

Agree with you both the long balls to Gayle and Ayoze were stupid. We needed to go wide more, when Atsu had a chance to run at them he was great. Ritchie didn't do a lot, but didn't do too much wrong.

Manquillo I liked going forward but he cost us the first goal I thought. Switched off and you can't do that against players of that standard.

Overall a 2-0 loss with 10 men against the team that finished 2nd last year isn't a disaster. Next week vs Huddersfield is a great chance for us to get on the board vs a familiar opponent.

Spurs were in control throughout and I dare say that the breakthrough would have come regardless of Shelvey's stupidity - it deserved red, having said that, his red card pretty much made it a certainty from there on. Losing Dummett and then Lejeune really fingered us because it limited Rafa's options for later on. One positive was that we looked pretty organised as a unit, something that can't be said for previous seasons under previous managers. It's really important that we are a team that's difficult to play against and for large parts of that I thought that we were. Obviously we need a bit more quality up top but I would like to see Gayle get more chances even if someone else does come in. Really liked Atsu's game as well.

On to Huddersfield and it will be interesting to see how we line up, no Shelvey or Dummett, not sure about Lejeune, out depth is already going to be tested early on in the season it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back