The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe how much Joelinton has improved as a midfielder. His stats against Villa were insane

He is unreal, so crazy that he was really moved there out of necessity and Howe then realised he's a 6 foot 1 attack dog who can press all day like Kante lol.

The midfield three of Joe, Joe and Joe have been great - eventually Bruno will get a start over Willock or Shelvey but they've also both really improved under Howe

He is unreal, so crazy that he was really moved there out of necessity and Howe then realised he's a 6 foot 1 attack dog who can press all day like Kante lol.

The midfield three of Joe, Joe and Joe have been great - eventually Bruno will get a start over Willock or Shelvey but they've also both really improved under Howe

Probably Shelvey I’d say. He really has been pish until very recently. He’ll get plenty of games though. We always seem to get injuries to our most important players at the wrong time.

Really excited to see what we can do in a transfer window without (touch wood) the threat of relegation impacting.

Trippier, Burn, Target have been so instrumental to our turnaround.

Really excited to see what we can do in a transfer window without (touch wood) the threat of relegation impacting.

Trippier, Burn, Target have been so instrumental to our turnaround.

So has Joelinton. Can’t believe the turnaround with him.

Also helps Willock, Shelvey and Fraser have been in pretty good form. Even Schar is playing well.

Got a very tough run of games coming up though. We get through that without dropping too many points we should be ok

So has Joelinton. Can’t believe the turnaround with him.

Also helps Willock, Shelvey and Fraser have been in pretty good form. Even Schar is playing well.

Got a very tough run of games coming up though. We get through that without dropping too many points we should be ok
I'd say 36 points should be enough for safety from here. That's two wins and two draws. Yes, we have some tough fixtures but I can also see us taking points from Southampton (A) Everton (A) Crystal Palace (H) Wolves (H) Leicester (H) Norwich (A) Burnley (A)

If we get 8 points from these fixtures we will be OK IMO.

I'd say 36 points should be enough for safety from here. That's two wins and two draws. Yes, we have some tough fixtures but I can also see us taking points from Southampton (A) Everton (A) Crystal Palace (H) Wolves (H) Leicester (H) Norwich (A) Burnley (A)

If we get 8 points from these fixtures we will be OK IMO.

Well we are much better defensively now. I think outside of Liverpool we’ve got the best form since the start of the year.

Everton, Norwich and Burnley are the big opportunities. Hopefully we get Trippier and Wilson back for the last handful of games.

We never get anything from Southampton. I remember Matt Letissier was good for 2 goals in in 3 goal drubbing back in the top 4 days. So excited with this result!!

We never get anything from Southampton. I remember Matt Letissier was good for 2 goals in in 3 goal drubbing back in the top 4 days. So excited with this result!!

I think they’ve lost like one game at home all season. It was a good performance. Yes we got opened up a few times but you expect that against a good side on their home deck.

The Wood goal was exceptional. The whole build up to that was pretty special. I’m a Shelvey critic but that cross was mint.

Bruno’s goal was exceptional. He’ll be better for the run. Did give the ball up a few times but he is really good on it and will be better once he gets the premier league tempo

Only caught the last 20 minutes as, as much as I love the Toon I just can't wake up at 3:30 AM.

I know I've said it earlier but Dan Burn is an absolute godsend. Maybe it was just a case of Lascelles being bad but our defense has been transformed since he arrived.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only caught the last 20 minutes as, as much as I love the Toon I just can't wake up at 3:30 AM.

Bloody hard these days, can't blame ya. Work and health reasons hardly caught a game the last few years.

Been a good turn in form this season.

6 home wins in a row, first time since SBR was in charge.
If we crack that it’ll be amazing a) just cos that record but b) it’ll mean we knocked over Liverpool

So what are we thinking in terms of transfers?

I’m thinking to begin:

1x high quality centre back
1x creative forward type
1x reserve keeper

Then ID some of the best young talent in England to bring through to make sure we’re locked in with the European rules in a few years.

My view is the best thing the ownership can do is get the training grounds upgraded and invest in the academy anyway. There’s also the question about what happens to SJP long-term, given that my understanding is it’s impossible to expand the Gallowgate/East Stands.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back