The TOP 10 from the last 15 (1999)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Gadget player coach that year... Adam Smith played and was his right hand man... Did they both play... I'm not sure...??? Anyway no argument there, he's a gun... Dash played right through to the D2 2007 Grand Final and stayed with Lalor while they bounced around from D1 to D2... Absolute Legend on many levels for mine, we've had quite a lot to do with each other over the past 30 years or so...

Again, I'm saying AT THE MOMENT... Willits is a good one but its only recent and he's not the best forward in the comp - You guys have him at Bundoora.

Me, and this is just my opinion - Solid, consistent BACKMAN across the half back line are golden... Name the better one AT THE MOMENT who is consistently better across half back...? Mid's need to kick bags of goals to be as valuable as CHB or CHF.... Or even ruckman that pack mark and rebound. Did any on-ballers finish in the top 5 goal kicking this year... I'm not sure.

Like I said ive played on gloury tennant and sheldon and I rate the bulls boys higher, I respect your opinion but my opinion is that he wouldnt be first picked for team of the year and he wouldnt even be top 100 in the past 15 years.

And gadget played %100

Keenan top 10? this amazes me also, the only reason he got 30 plus touches a game is because the oppostion wouldnt tag him because they knew they would get the ball back 30 times from him.

Bevan, Martello, Anderson, Carelli, Ayres and im sure there is a handful of heidelberg players im forgetting that are better then him.
Anyway... I didn't pick the 10... Sam Zito did with some help from a few blokes have been around for awhile. I just posted the first ten names that came to mind to spark a bit of interest... Soppa should have been in it for mine....! Pots been stirred.

Anyway... I didn't pick the 10... Sam Zito did with some help from a few blokes have been around for awhile. I just posted the first ten names that came to mind to spark a bit of interest... Soppa should have been in it for mine....! Pots been stirred.

Yep soppa was tough as nails

Next time you go to para rd, have a look at what player he lines up on, he very rarely Takes the best forward! Got found out in the semi and granny against bundoora when they went through his man because he loves to zone off and go third man up. Not disputing he is a very good defender! But I'd take grossman over any of them! Absolute star! When he takes the likes of cloke, Nolan, currie, week in week out and best them I'll think more of him!

At the moment Trent Barbero is the best backmen in the competition and what makes him so good is that he takes the best big men who are sometimes a foot taller and then takes the best little men at times and has very rarely been beaten over the past couple of years!

Like I said ive played on gloury tennant and sheldon and I rate the bulls boys higher, I respect your opinion but my opinion is that he wouldnt be first picked for team of the year and he wouldnt even be top 100 in the past 15 years.

And gadget played %100

Chris Hall kicked 100 in 05 & Gadget made a fool of him in the granny, his 2nd half along with the king brothers & big Caddy in the ruck got us over the line. Top 10 is all opinion based so take it easy lads.

Some great players mentioned in all this. Other players you have been missed would include Darren Cuthbertson, Steve Bawden, Brad Hollow, Pete Cristoforo. All dominated at Epping in the early-mid 00's. Martello at North Heidelberg. Carelli, Maiorana and Chris Groom at West Preston. Howse and Pascoe at Bundoora. Phelan at Greensborough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back