Opinion The Top 10 Most Influential of the Past Decade.

Calling all Blues fans, bring your thinking caps.

I love lists. Shopping lists, to do lists, old girlfriend lists, you name it. At this time of year I also like to look back and review.

So with the end of this decade almost upon us I want to compile the top 10 list of the Most Influential Blues of this Decade.

It can be either on field or off field but it needs to be someone who has had a massive impact on the Carlton Football Club. It also does not have to be someone who has had a positive impact....just an impact.

Spitballing a few names here just as a fire starter...

Current shortlist.
Jo Silvagni.
Mick Malthouse.
Jeannie Pratt.
Chris Judd.
Brendan Bolton.
Patrick Cripps.
Eddie Betts.
Hughes/Rodgers.
John Donehue.
Dick Pratt.
Marc Murphy.
Andrew McKay.
Stephen Silvagni.
Stephen Kernahan.
Mark LoGuodice.
Brett Ratten.
Bruce Mathieson.
Dale Amos (absolutely never heard of him).
Robert Walls.
Sam Docherty.
Tayla Harris.
Gillon McLachlan
Steven Trigg
Greg Swann
Mike Fitzpatrick
Justin Reid
Nick Duigan.

So give it some thought and nominate, by the start of the season we will have compiled the top 10 most influential figures that have shaped the Blues over the past 10 years.

Thanks in advance.

Tony xoxo.

Last edited:
It would have to be Lawrence Angwin and Karl Norman.

Aaron Joseph also gets a look in for that one time he kept Ablett Jnr to 46 disposals and 12 goals or whatever it was.

Angwin and Norman were before 2010.

SOS - first genuine list rebuild in our history. Early adopter of trading rules and very creative
MM - the recession we had to have. Took us to rock bottom so we had no choice but to work our way out
Bolton - reset player culture, engaged fans and whole club with process, played the kids to develop them
Fevola - everything that was right and wrong about the club at the same time. Brilliant at times which only papered over the cracks we refused to acknowledge
Judd - led by example, brought some much needed professionalism to the playing group
Cripps - beast of a player, leader. Gives hope for the future
Betts - onfield genius that gets the crowd involved. Feel good story with his return, helps heal some old wounds from the circumstances of his leaving

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Perhaps the image that FINALLY forced Carlton to honestly say ... enough is enough !!

921107CD-D79A-4256-9EF9-E4AE1C39F92A.jpeg

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
You are just salty for losing out the on the Kris Massie/Ben Nelson trade.
I forgot about them.
Im more shitty over Kernahan,Klomp,Bradley,Motley,Maylin,Naley,Bond and McKay ;)
Notice I omitted Camporeale and Gibbs - two prissy players that stenched up the aboves quality.

I forgot about them.
Im more shitty over Kernahan,Klomp,Bradley,Motley,Maylin,Naley,Bond and McKay ;)
Notice I omitted Camporeale and Gibbs - two prissy players that stenched up the aboves quality.

Shark Maylin was my first ever Carlton player man crush!

SOS - first genuine list rebuild in our history. Early adopter of trading rules and very creative
MM - the recession we had to have. Took us to rock bottom so we had no choice but to work our way out
Bolton - reset player culture, engaged fans and whole club with process, played the kids to develop them
Fevola - everything that was right and wrong about the club at the same time. Brilliant at times which only papered over the cracks we refused to acknowledge
Judd - led by example, brought some much needed professionalism to the playing group
Cripps - beast of a player, leader. Gives hope for the future
Betts - onfield genius that gets the crowd involved. Feel good story with his return, helps heal some old wounds from the circumstances of his leaving

When did Fevola finish with us?

Back