Opinion The Top 10 Most Influential of the Past Decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

The modern take on influence is largely that of a social influencer.

Not too many bigger social influences in sport of late than Tayla Harris, surely.

Okay I have just googled who Tayla Harris is and it fits the criteria. Added to shortlist in OP.

Sorry mate they have to have played for or contributed to the club. Beatles are ineligible.
The Beatles are never ineligable for anything, they are the kings. Back to the topic, you've already mentioned him but Dick Pratt is the one for me. Lived and breathed Carlton and he put his money where his mouth was, he also was a great dancer.

The Beatles are never ineligable for anything, they are the kings. Back to the topic, you've already mentioned him but Dick Pratt is the one for me. Lived and breathed Carlton and he put his money where his mouth was, he also was a great dancer.
A great dancer you say , never heard that.

I nominate... (cue drumroll)... John Barker, the great survivor!

He's on his fourth senior coach at the club, isn't he? Fifth if you count John himself.
A tribute to resilience, persistence and to making oneself part of the furniture.
He's like a public servant, isn't he? Governments come and go, but John's always there! :cool:

Last edited:
I nominate... (cue drumroll)... John Barker, the great survivor!

He's on his fourth senior coach at the club, isn't he? Fifth if you count John himself.
A tribute to resilience, persistence and to making oneself part of the furniture.
He's like a public servant, isn't he? Governments come and go, but John's always there! :cool:

Good choice 64. He comes across as likeable and easy going. Maybe he is a great support coach.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tayla Harris - already immortalised with a statue, human highlight reel

Yeah didn’t like losing Bree but Tayla is an awesome forward launching into packs and taking grabs. Wonder how far she will go in the boxing world.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. Chris Judd
2. Pat Cripps
3. Sticks Kernahan
4. Steven Silvagni
5. Mick Malthouse
6. Eddie McGuire
7. Josh Bootsma
8. Brendan Fevola
9. Nick Stevens
10. Lance Whitnall

Remove this Banner Ad