The top 5 break out players of 2019

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sier would be one from my club, others who i think have another gear are De Goey and Cox, i said it early last season, De Goey will be the leagues premier player within 3 years if he stays away from his dog, rockstar potential.

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marshall shows signs of breaking out. Seems to be be attacking the ball very hard.

Had a tough two years. Let's hope he can start enjoying his football at least.

I appreciate how many times Harry M is getting a mention. I think he'll be good, but I see him more as a consistent performer (22-25 disposals a game) than a breaker-outer. I'd put Jaeger in here :) He broke out, was put back in and is ready to break back out again :O)

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
You can correlate how bad a team is going to do next season with the amount of their own players they need to fit into the 5. I'll refuse to put a Eagle in cos I'm not a flog

5. Harry McKay
4.'Wayne Milera
3. Brayden Sier
2. Andrew Brayshaw
1. Sam Collins

I'll tip Sam Collins to make the AA 40 man squad as well

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Better be Petracca. Keeps showing signs but I’m convinced he’s not producing what he can yet.

Lions interesting - they have a handful that look like they will explode once they put it together. McLuggage is going to be sensational. Also Hipwood and Rayner look the goods. Francis from Essendon looks promising too.

Better be Petracca. Keeps showing signs but I’m convinced he’s not producing what he can yet.

Lions interesting - they have a handful that look like they will explode once they put it together. McLuggage is going to be sensational. Also Hipwood and Rayner look the goods. Francis from Essendon looks promising too.

Is there a bit of an issue with Petracca where in his head he is already a
champion, living a rockstar life with his NBA champion mate.

Is there a bit of an issue with Petracca where in his head he is already a
champion, living a rockstar life with his NBA champion mate.

His head is so far planted up his own arse it isn't funny. Some long time friends have turned away from him because his attitude is just garbage.

His head is so far planted up his own arse it isn't funny. Some long time friends have turned away from him because his attitude is just garbage.

No doubting the talent but he certainly plays like the best kid in the yard at recess when he's a long way from school these days.

I know he did a knee early but doesn't look, or run through games, like he's anywhere near fit enough for someone with pretensions to be a top line player let alone midfielder.

That can change pretty quickly though.

Luke McDonald has a similar situation.

No doubting the talent but he certainly plays like the best kid in the yard at recess when he's a long way from school these days.

I know he did a knee early but doesn't look, or run through games, like he's anywhere near fit enough for someone with pretensions to be a top line player let alone midfielder.

That can change pretty quickly though.

We can all see this on field, but I'm talking off the field he's just a real piece of work.

We can all see this on field, but I'm talking off the field he's just a real piece of work.

I've heard generalities about being massively keen on himself, never an attractive quality, but never specifics.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Yeah Collingwood lose a lot of grand finals, but I tell you what we don’t do - miss the finals thirteen times in fourteen years and ride on glories from before the US invaded Iraq.

The only reason people are riding on Brisbane as their “second team” is out of pity. Sorry to s**t on your parade but that’s all it is - pity. Footy fans love underdogs and back the strugglers and your team has been the biggest struggler of the last decade. Hopefully the pity support makes you feel good about supporting Brisbane but as an actual fan of club success, I’d rather a premiership and several rounds of finals runs over the last decade than have what your club dished up to it’s fans every week in that same time frame.

It’s funny you constantly refer back to those two grand finals and it’s funny because it’s literally you have - what have you done better since Collingwood since then? Nothing! Collingwood supporters don’t care about Brisbane in the slightest, your supporters and you in particular are desperate to maintain some kind of hatred between the two clubs (not sure why, after all your club won the premierships). Enter relevancy and have something to show for your last fifteen years and you might get some kind of rivalry going. All you are is dust in the wind.
Nothing says "I don't care about your club" like three long detailed paragraphs about said club.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure about break out but Osar Allen at the Eagles is a player to keep an eye on.

He's got something that other players dont. Good size, skills and pace but seems to have time and know what to do.

The people saying the Eagles should have picked Kelly with that pick 21 will start to understand why they didnt.

Dec 24, 2008
Luxembourg
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
NEC Nijmegen, Sunderland
One year in the system will benefit Bayley Fritsch. Has exquisite skills. Needs a bit more stamina and strength.
Others: Taranto, Simkin, Florent and Bonar.

Last edited:

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
COX. Will be unstoppable next year.
RICHARDS. Excellent talent.
CERRA. Got a young Ben Cousins about him
HIGGINS. Love his vibe.
CURNOW. Kouta MK 2

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Aaron Francis (ESS)
Will Brodie (GC)
Taylor Garner (NM)
Blake Acres (STK)
Patrick Lipinski (WB)

Needs to get on the park first.

Ben McKay will be our breakout player in 2019.

Back