Jak!x

Club Legend
May 7, 2013
The Border Of Sanity
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
Just had a search around the board and the only thread I could see was back in the VC days so I thought I'd start up a new one.
How does everybody feel about these guys, I think they've become a very exciting team in the last season or so, especially since the Rudy Gay trade getting back solid bench pieces in Vasquez and Patterson, as well as resigning Lowry, drafting Caboclo. I think they've quietly become one of the most likable teams with their We The North campaign in Brooklyn. They've transformed from the joke of the East to becoming a probable top four seed and almost a lock to win the Atlantic.
If Derozan can improve his ball handing and Ross and Valanciunas continue to improve on the defensive end then they be a chance for atleast the semi finals.

We-The-North-Lena-Yang.jpg

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Was impressed with the team oriented style Toronto were employing last season. Really passing the ball and playing accountable basketball. They have a couple of stars and a host of above average players to work with. Hope they stay the course.
Drafting Bruno Cabolco was one of the more out there picks in a draft as well!

Elder van Berlo

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I'm a Raptors fan due to my Toronto connection, is there many of us out there?

Just finished watching the Miami game, free throws killed us.

I'm probably the other one. 3-1 playing garbage so far this season, EC Finals has to be the target this year. Would be disappointing not to at least win a playoff series.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Very impressed watching DeRozan in person last Sunday.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Raptors looking pretty good at the moment, Lowry I dare say looks as good as he has ever looked and Ibaka has had a few of his best games since coming over.

Leonard (the 1-year rental) looks incredible but we expected that.

Raptors went all in on 2019/20 for one shot and it's set up to be a hell of a year.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Raptors looking pretty good at the moment, Lowry I dare say looks as good as he has ever looked and Ibaka has had a few of his best games since coming over.

Leonard (the 1-year rental) looks incredible but we expected that.

Raptors went all in on 2019/20 for one shot and it's set up to be a hell of a year.
Hope Leonard stays, moving to Toronto next year so would be awesome if they still had a good side.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hope Leonard stays, moving to Toronto next year so would be awesome if they still had a good side.

I'll start off by congratulating you on your decision to move to Toronto, it's a great world-class city, it's becoming one of the biggest tech hub's in the world. If you arrive before May you'll get to see Leonard, though it'll be brutally cold.

When Leonard first came on board I was convinced he'd do 1 year and Toronto would then blow the team up and chase picks. I still think he is a 50% chance of leaving, though if Lowry continues his form, that could change his mind. He's a franchise player and too good to go somewhere to be a support act, I am predicting great players will eventually decide its better to be seen as the main guy than the support act at a pile on team.

He has his heart set on L.A, playing along side a 34 year old Lebron won't get him a ring, perhaps the Clippers but they're a work in progress AND in the same division as the Warriors.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Where did you hear that? Wouldn't surprise me

I'm not sure, perhaps during one of the telecasts.

I don't think he'll stay at Toronto unfortunately, he'll move for reasons other than basketball, he's that kind of guy. Hopefully, Toronto as a city has grown on him (needs to be around during summer) and the prospect of playing alongside an ever-improving Siakim will keep him.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Toronto is currently witnessing the best player its ever had and likely for some time to have ever have, he's incredible.

"Kawhi is averaging 38 PPG on 62% shooting so far this series.

Jordan averaged over 35 on 60% shooting in one playoff series.

LeBron has never done it.

Durant has never done it.

Kobe never did it.

We are witnessing truly one of the best series by a perimeter player.

Ever. "

Game 4 was a team game, gasol and iblocka back to their best. Kawhi doing his thing just the goat and Lowry rocking up. Awesome stuff, pascal playing injured hopefully better by game 5.
Game 6, At home in the north, bring the d at Joel and Simmons.
Both can’t take the heat and get the dub.
Raps in 6

Toronto is currently witnessing the best player its ever had and likely for some time to have ever have, he's incredible.

"Kawhi is averaging 38 PPG on 62% shooting so far this series.

Jordan averaged over 35 on 60% shooting in one playoff series.

LeBron has never done it.

Durant has never done it.

Kobe never did it.

We are witnessing truly one of the best series by a perimeter player.

Ever. "

He is scary good, do you think there’s any chance he sticks around if we don’t win it all?

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is scary good, do you think there’s any chance he sticks around if we don’t win it all?

I don't think so.

Toronto will have to convince him to stay based on playing alongside Siakim and a maximum contract.

It sounds like his first priority is moving home, that's to LA and the Clippers. Maximum contract, being a big fish in a major North American city, he doesn't seem to crave any of that.

I don't see him playing alongside Lebron.

Maybe the answer is Raptors trade Siakim + OG for Davis, but again will this sway him?

Back