The Toronto Raptors Thread. 2019 NBA Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

We can offer him more than anyone else can so that's a positive and he's already got himself a legacy so one can dream...

Very happy and well deserved. Lot of long suffering Raps mates never thought they'd see this.

In celebration, maybe change the thread title?

That was great! Especially considering it truly was a team effort in the end.

I’m also proud to see the fans kept it together while celebrating.

Im convinced that Leonard is off, he’ll always be respected as the guy who brought it all to the raptors. I loved that message he sent Lowry when was first first traded to the raptors “let’s go out and do something special”.

My big concern is Masai now, the talk of him leaving is growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How sweet it is, although im not Raps for life, have been over the last 6 games
Im so happy that the Vets like Gasol and Lowry finally got their ring, they deserve it.

I, like everyone else everywhere watched the Finals, and was rooting for yas because the only thing they have in common w myself is that their fans are all starved for success. To see how much happiness an elation took me back to Sept. when melb has some success (albeit not the major success)
Got a-lot of mates in Canada atm, would of loved to see their loose party ya nation has been for the past 48 hours

Oh man. Living in Toronto and coming to love the Raptors over the last 7 years. I can't tell you guys what this means to this city. What a *in ride. Down 0-1 to Orlando.
7 gruelling games against Philly ending in "the shot"
Down 0-2 to the bucks and turning it around
Beating the reining champs in 6, most of which done in Oakland.

What a special moment.

Kawhi is off to the Clippers,expected and it’s hard to be too angry. Danny Green go the Lakers

In Masai we trust, he’ll work something out, likely blow the team up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointing day as a Raps fan, but as a fan of the NBA I'm glad he didn't join the Lakers and make the next Larry OB a near certainty.

Clippers now slight favourites to win it all I reckon, but next year will be up for grabs for a number of teams.

Also a good time to put some money on Pascal Siakam making the leap to all-NBA level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing day as a Raps fan, but as a fan of the NBA I'm glad he didn't join the Lakers and make the next Larry OB a near certainty.
Pretty much the only positive about him not staying with us. Been so painful listening to the media throw it down everyone's throat that he wanted to go to Lakers. Shows that they know SFA, just how many of them said Clippers had been ruled out?

This sucks though, big spot on our roster with no one to fill it with. Be a very new list next season, hopefully we can actually attract a big star to come to Toronto.

Pretty much the only positive about him not staying with us. Been so painful listening to the media throw it down everyone's throat that he wanted to go to Lakers. Shows that they know SFA, just how many of them said Clippers had been ruled out?

This sucks though, big spot on our roster with no one to fill it with. Be a very new list next season, hopefully we can actually attract a big star to come to Toronto.
I think the critical thing there is, despite Leonard being very important in the finals series, there were so many solid contributors.

Lowry, Gasol, Siakam, Van Vleet, Ibaka etc.

If you're a star player contemplating a move and watching that, you've got to think "these guys are serious players and are all going to crack in and come along for the ride with me".

Break has served us very well, full squad fit and healthy.
amen mate, everyone that wrote us off after kawhi left.
going in with a better record than last year.
full credit to nurse and masai.

Only $85m locked in for next year - 20/21 terms prior to any adjustments to the cap.

Lowry signed up for one year, Siakam long term, Powell and Anunoby two years.

Gasol (35), Ibaka (31), VanVleet (26) all off contract. Total value about $58m.

What are the likely moves? Re-singing FVV seems like a no brainer. $48m on Gasol and Ibaka not so much. How much in 2020/21 dollars to keep one or both?

Montrezl Harrel would be a good pick up at the right price. Athletic 4/5 guy to complement Ibaka. Bogdanovic, Gallinari, Bertans also available as free agents who are good shooters. Ingram an expensive RFA that NOLA will likely give the max to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back