sigscotty

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Ok guys i have decided to jump on the trivia bandwagon.

My question relates to a spectator. This person was pictured in the opening of Channel 7's recent program hosted by the Kevin from seachange who barracks for the doggies.

This person was pictured sucking the tomato sauce out of her jumper!!!! First off i will tell you it was at a Bulldog game. That is two opportunities your average Bulldog fan has to have it on tape. There is a third. (if you have no video library collection you have NO chance on this question. Unless this footage left such an indelible mark that you remember every reference to it since like myself)

The Question is: Who was B.O.G in that game? What made their performance particularly noteworthy?

To get it you will first need to work out the year it was. The main clue is to work out what the third chance is that a Bulldog fan has to have it on tape. So start there and i will guide you along as you go.

I always thought it was a Sydney game, and it was from 1998. Best on Ground would have been James Cook.

Originally posted by PC28
I always thought it was a Sydney game, and it was from 1998. Best on Ground would have been James Cook.

Not sure why you think 1998? What would be the third reason one may have it on tape?
1. the game itself (we won)
2. Channel seven's recent show hosted by Kevin
3. It (the 'sauce sucker')had it's highest profile coverage on a different show somewhere between the game itself and Kevin's show. The third and most in depth coverage was during an event that a Bulldog fan may well also have on tape. Start with working out what event that was.

PS. I am not even sure if our response was a serious attempt. :D

Originally posted by sigscotty

3. It (the 'sauce sucker')had it's highest profile coverage on a different show somewhere between the game itself and Kevin's show. The third and most in depth coverage was during an event that a Bulldog fan may well also have on tape. Start with working out what event that was.

Just a stab - would the event have been one of the Brownlow counts where a Bulldog player won? I.e. 1990, 1992
Usually a crap and corny Sandy Roberts voiceover accompanies the so-called lighter moments package most years.

Originally posted by Darky

Just a stab - would the event have been one of the Brownlow counts where a Bulldog player won? I.e. 1990, 1992
Usually a crap and corny Sandy Roberts voiceover accompanies the so-called lighter moments package most years.

Absolutely spot on in all regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressive Darky. :D

To help give you which year...that brownlow coverage had the song "who will take charlie home tonight?". I believe that only featured twice. Bulldog fans with either Brownlow on tape should get this easily.

Look, i love the Bulldogs, and Libba & Scotty winning the Brownlow would have to be two of the biggest highlights for me, but why in their right mind would anyone want to watch Ross Oakley read out the Brownlow votes time and time again...

BTW was BOG Del're by any chance?

I do see your point PC. The thing is 90 would have been about the first year i had a vcr. So we went on a taping spree. Libba wins, which made it a keeper. (may have watched it twice in the last 11 years). So for a bit there we kept taping them...and what do you know...Wyndy wins 2 years later so we have another keeper. The song has stuck in my head. I will thin of a different clue if nobody can come up with which year.

Del-re was not BOG.

Ok i am going to give you all a big helping hand.

The year was 1992.

It was a wet game at carrarra against the bears (obviously).

So who was BOG and why was that players game especially noteworthy????

PLease put me out of my misery............I can't stand it any more.........tell me before I go around the twist........WAIT!!!!! I think I already am!!!!

Larry

I thought this was finished, and i had forgotten about it (deliberatly)

Was it Brad Hardie? Micky McLean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. A player known as a wet tracker. Wearing the no. 39. First name tony, second name Starts with Liberat_ _ _ _. Anybody got it yet??????

So now you know the who, any ideas why it was a specially noteworthy performance????

Is it Tony Liberatore??

Was it special cos he was the shortest player out there? Cos i bet it was? Huh, was it, huh huh?

Was it his 100th Game?

Was it the first of his unbeaten run of 160 odd games?

PC i will reward your enthusiasm with the answer.

The night before his wife gave birth to his first child. He got a late flight up and almost didn't play. After having little or no sleep he went on to have 30 or so touches.

Bet you all can't wait for the next installment of Toughest and Stupidest Trivia! :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back