The trade period winners and losers thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't attach us.

In a good draft year we went into the period with 1 pick inside 49 and came out with 2 picks in the teens and 2 in the early 30s.
and coughed up your 1st next year for no certainty you're going to get a star. Port should have offered Pick 9 to Carlton for Gibbs and see what he and Carlton said

Mayne 4 years and Dunn is pure rubbish recruiting, 4 years ffs he is a s**t s**t player.

Maybe but we can't all trade champions like Mitchell and Lewis for picks in the 70s and 80s and then proceed to trade 2 first rounders plus 3 second rounders to bring in a player who hasn't played for 2yrs on $750k per season and a key forward like Vickery. Tom Mitchell is a good get I'll give you that.

Except they didn't want draft picks they wanted quality players.

And they had the chance to get an extra 1st round next year, when they only have 1 pick, but instead got another 1st round this year which they kept telling us wasnt as important as quality players.

James Sicily is a name that was apparently offered, so if they declined that because they only wanted Shiels, Breust or Gunston, then they really and truly screwed up. Kid is already a mid-sized gun.

It seems freo did ok....

I was very concerned at 1st trading pick 3 to gws. Then Freo got picks 7, 33, 71 and McCarthy. I would of been happy with 7 and 33 alone.

Hill for mayne compo pick 23 was good.

Kersten for pick 61 might work out well.

Traded our 2017 2nd rounder but get pick 35 and 2017 4th rounder... stranger trade that one...

Stoked with Carlton's really. I think The Gold Coast managed to get themselves fairly compensated for a bunch of injury prone yet talented departures. Back in it if they use those picks well. Not sure about Collingwood's midfield at the expense of defence strategy. I think Hawthorn could do extremely well out of it if O'Meara remain fit. Replacing a couple of old midfield start with a couple of gun young ones just opens up the door again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS were clearly the biggest winners. They've added a superstar in Deledio to a list that is already the best in the competition. Held on to all of their guns, and traded out a few peripheral players. Best of luck to the rest of us in 2017

i think PLOW gave us a a D-.
Doest fit the narrative to say anything positive about NMFC.
havent fully analised everything, but:
Winners - Tiges
Losers - P.A.
WTF - Geelong

The Tigers have a team of players who can't hit a target, their major move was to lose their best kick and add in a player who can't hit a target. The only plus was admitting they can't develop a high pick and trading for a player half way through their career.

I don't think anybody is claiming they are, or even will be in the future, but they fit positional needs which is crucial and both should walk into our starting 22. And, above all, we gave up very little for them. We dun good.
Yeah, don't disagree. Walk up for your 22 is interesting. You'd hope they wouldn't be fairly soon I'd reckon. Put it another way - I am doubtful they will win a premiership together. But that's just my opinion. Time will tell

GWS were clearly the biggest winners. They've added a superstar in Deledio to a list that is already the best in the competition. Held on to all of their guns, and traded out a few peripheral players. Best of luck to the rest of us in 2017
Bit of an exaggeration. More like Star

And they had the chance to get an extra 1st round next year, when they only have 1 pick, but instead got another 1st round this year which they kept telling us wasnt as important as quality players.

James Sicily is a name that was apparently offered, so if they declined that because they only wanted Shiels, Breust or Gunston, then they really and truly screwed up. Kid is already a mid-sized gun.

Happy we rejected Sicily. If he's such a 'gun' your team wouldn't have made the offer.

I think we did ok.
Deledio surprised but the club has been saying experienced small forward all year. Traded out a lot of fringe players, it seemed to be anyone not on rookie salary who wasn't likely to play AFL next year. Marchbank definitely and technically McCarthy were keepers but not much the club could do except maximise trade value.
Draft will tell the tale but we have to capacity to own the academy kids we want, so all good.
Our NEAFL side probably wont be as scary but that's a natural development.
Strange thing is; last night was the first time I'd ever read about Vonnegut's Bokononism and the twee aphorisms that accompany it. It intrigued me no end. How oddly synchronistic it is then that I stumble upon a post by Bokonon himself the next day.

But I have my doubts.

If you were truly Bokonon then what you might've actually posted should be along the lines of,

"Giants requiring the small within them are turned by the allure of the aging tiger. In their caves they breed their own Giants and seek to seal the incoming draft".

You weren't pithy enough for my liking.

Strange thing is; last night was the first time I'd ever read about Vonnegut's Bokononism and the twee aphorisms that accompany it. It intrigued me no end. How oddly synchronistic it is then that I stumble upon a post by Bokonon himself the next day.

But I have my doubts.

If you were truly Bokonon then what you might've actually posted should be along the lines of,

"Giants requiring the small within them are turned by the allure of the aging tiger. In their caves they breed their own Giants and seek to seal the incoming draft".

You weren't pithy enough for my liking.
It's way to poetic for Vonnegut. If you knew it then you'd know the title is meaningless. Perhaps you will in time.

Sicily isn't a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back