The Trade Radio Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
That time of the year again where I like to take the piss out of trade radio.
So the idea is just calling in to ask some really dumb ridiculous questions to them for no reason other then a laugh. So I will try but if anyone else wants to get involved and call in let us know when you are about to go on air.

But right now I need some questions to give them. The stupidest question wins. That's the challenge to get it on trade radio. I will see if I can get a recorded audio up. So have at it. Give me some really dumb questions for calling into trade radio.. Starts tomorrow and I will be on the dial.

Darling trade value to fund our rebuild ?

Only problem journalists may listen and create paper headlines for a week , causing mayhem at WC with Nesbit coming out and denying the rumour !

Will Brayden Ainsworth be retained at the Eagles for 2023?

Or….if not - what is his trade value? How many picks?

Trade pick 2 plus F2 (WCE) to Carlton for McKay
Darling plus 20 to Bombers for pick 4
4 to GC for 5+7+ Bowes +800k x 2 salary.
5 + F2 (Port) to Melbourne for Jackson

WCE in - Harry Mckay, Jack Bowes, Luke Jackson, 7 (Phillipou/Mackenzie)
WCE out - Darling, F2 (WCE), F2 (Port) 20

* Jackson goes for slightly less that McKay which seems about right given PSD/WA

* Even with Darling out and a re-jig of contracts, it'll take some accounting magic but hey - That's the point of this thread isn't it?

Last edited:
Are rumours correct that Scott Cummings has been appointed to do a review of our S&C team?

My Wife’s brothers best mate’s sisters daughter works at a cafe in Lathlain and saw Big Trev having a meeting with James Hird. Can you confirm this ?I heard from a taxi driver that Hird was at Perth Airport

Rumours of Nic Nat having severe gout in his big toe…. Might require surgery

If we sent Waterman to port would we possibly get Georgiades and pick 8 back in return ?

Or my Favourite got a mate that works at cockburn and reckons
Jackson is asking for 1.3m @ 7 years to play for Freo. Freo looking to salary dump Fyfe to Geelong

Idk the possibilities are endless 🤣

Ok, here's a story stitched from a bunch of random s**t I've read on here.

I've got a mate that's a part-time scout for the Eagles. Has specific instructions when watching the kids to look for their potential weaknesses.
Anyway, he's obviously involved in roundtable discussions on scouting, drafting strategies, etc.

The scouts love to gossip on the goings on. Rumblings are that a few Eagles have asked for a trade. I'm hearing Rotham, Petrucelle and Waterman. There was already a bit of discontent that the ageing, unfit and underperforming premiership stars kept getting games. The final straw has been the delisting of Nelson, hugely popular amongst those guys. Apparently sacked over the Hip-E club debacle, which internally was seen as blown out of proportion.

Lets see if this can get off the ground.

Two scenarios.

Max King is out of contract in 2024, seeing as Richmond are looking to trade out of the 2022 and 2023 drafts in their pursuit of mids, should they then chase Max King in 2024 to get the key forward they are missing, to round out their list rebuild. Added to that, is that St Kilda are a basket case. and won't be competing for a flag during King's playing career.

Or.

You've heard there is a split in the Bulldogs playing group, between those who are professional and take their football seriously, and those who are more interested in their celebrity status and partying. How long until Bontempelli and Naughton ask for trades, looking for success in proper professional environments.

Two scenarios.

Max King is out of contract in 2024, seeing as Richmond are looking to trade out of the 2022 and 2023 drafts in their pursuit of mids, should they then chase Max King in 2024 to get the key forward they are missing, to round out their list rebuild. Added to that, is that St Kilda are a basket case. and won't be competing for a flag during King's playing career.

Or.

You've heard there is a split in the Bulldogs playing group, between those who are professional and take their football seriously, and those who are more interested in their celebrity status and partying. How long until Bontempelli and Naughton ask for trades, looking for success in proper professional environments.
Have you seen Nauhtys head band, full Richard Simmons... he's not taking anything seriously!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone just called in for WA spruiking
Jackson for pick 2.
Mitch G to WCE and Dev Robertson.

Please tell me it was one of you lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back