Training The training report thread now including finals sessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there an open training session Wednesday?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nope

Just checked and the next open session is Tuesday 24/4 at lathlain. They usually only have one open session per week

Nope

Just checked and the next open session is Tuesday 24/4 at lathlain. They usually only have one open session per week
My mate popped in on Wednesday when he was driving past.vozzo stopped him at the gate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Are open training sessions usually held earlier in the week?

I'm coming up for the derby next Wednesday from Melbourne (can't wait!) and would love to attend a training session if possible. What are my chances?

Do you reckon they would do anything on the Thursday or Friday?

Are open training sessions usually held earlier in the week?

I'm coming up for the derby next Wednesday from Melbourne (can't wait!) and would love to attend a training session if possible. What are my chances?

Do you reckon they would do anything on the Thursday or Friday?
Nope

Open sessions are almost always the first one of the week which is the recovery session and not much of any note happens

Later ones are preparing for the game ahead and it seems they don't want anyone peeking

Nope

Open sessions are almost always the first one of the week which is the recovery session and not much of any note happens

Later ones are preparing for the game ahead and it seems they don't want anyone peeking

Thanks for the info Keys! Would we be more likely to have a team training session on the Thursday or Friday? Would it be on Optus Stadium? Morning or Arvo?

I'm looking at booking in an Optus Stadium tour on either of those days and would love to get a sneak peak at us !!!

Lots of people there today, very low key, clearly a freshen up session and sign kiddies autographs day.
Nic and Shuey didn’t really train at all, didn’t spot Frenchy the rest seemed to be there.

There's a reason why they always open up the first session of the week - nothing happens other than getting the players moving again

Basically separated into two groups at the start - those who played against Hawthorn and the rest. The rest did slightly more work and then halfway through the split was into mids, forwards and backs as they did some light skills work

FWIW these are my random notes

•Shuey walking/jogging around the boundary to start

•Young defenders working on spoiling technique during warmup. Note mutimer and oallen were working with this group. Cole absolutely murdered one ball drawing praise from nico

•Masten walking the boundary with right upper leg strapped

•Indigenous round jumpers look sweet

•No nicnat or jk or shep (read on)

•Sheed away from main group doing very little

•Yeo with main group no strapping on knee. Looks fine

•Ryan training with wafl group along with easy

•Burrows and Olango out there. No karps, thinking he might be dead

•Jetta looks a bit stiff and is labouring as he jogs the warmup laps

•Shuey with wafl group but moving without restriction

•Ryan moving freely. Just a matter of him building fitness levels back up to standard and he'll be playing.

•No venners. Apparently made a brief appearance according to Travis king but I must have blinked and missed it

•Masten still jogging laps at about quarter pace

•Shep and nicnat out there now. No signs of any discomfort from either so just have just slept in

•Yeo slyce and Sheed handballing amongst themselves away from rest of squad

•Jk standing on the boundary doing SFA. Disappeared again after a couple of minutes

•Oallen has a Weird running style

•Brayshaw out there too. Looks a bit slimmer than I remember from earlier in the preseason. Spent a bit of time with smitch learning a couple of tricks

•No Schofield sighting but almost a full squad making an appearance on the track

•Young indigenous boy joining in training - academy kid Cameron it seems. Nice skills

And that about wraps it up

Main takeaways -
•Masten and to a lesser extent Sheed must be in doubt for the weekend.
•Shuey looks ready to play
•Ryan's ankle has healed fully and will most likely be ready to go to Sydney after the bye
•Hagdorn has no mates. Was sitting a few seats from me and got nothing more than a muted acknowledgement from any other journos or eagles staff that walked past him

For anyone who hasn't seen them yet
21324cc6f9b1564b43cd3bd4e6b3c137

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason why they always open up the first session of the week - nothing happens other than getting the players moving again

Basically separated into two groups at the start - those who played against Hawthorn and the rest. The rest did slightly more work and then halfway through the split was into mids, forwards and backs as they did some light skills work

•Young defenders working on spoiling technique during warmup. Note mutimer and oallen were working with this group. Cole absolutely murdered one ball drawing praise from nico

•Ryan moving freely. Just a matter of him building fitness levels back up to standard and he'll be playing.

•No venners. Apparently made a brief appearance according to Travis king but I must have blinked and missed it

•Shep and nicnat out there now. No signs of any discomfort from either so just have just slept in

•Jk standing on the boundary doing SFA. Disappeared again after a couple of minutes

•Brayshaw out there too. Looks a bit slimmer than I remember from earlier in the preseason. Spent a bit of time with smitch learning a couple of tricks

•No Schofield sighting but almost a full squad making an appearance on the track

•Young indigenous boy joining in training - academy kid Cameron it seems. Nice skills

Main takeaways -
•Ryan's ankle has healed fully and will most likely be ready to go to Sydney after the bye
•Hagdorn has no mates. Was sitting a few seats from me and got nothing more than a muted acknowledgement from any other journos or eagles staff that walked past him
Thanks for the effort man. So super excited to see Ryan out there again, I want that Mark of the year trophy going to WCE this year as well as a Rioli goal of the year.

Brander? WHats he up to.

If anyone is rested I would assume its out of Nic or Shep. Any news on what Shep did to his thumb? He's in all australian form ATM

Thanks for the effort man. So super excited to see Ryan out there again, I want that Mark of the year trophy going to WCE this year as well as a Rioli goal of the year.

Brander? WHats he up to.

If anyone is rested I would assume its out of Nic or Shep. Any news on what Shep did to his thumb? He's in all australian form ATM

I saw it described somewhere as a cut to the thumb that wouldn't bother him going forward.

Main takeaways -

I’ve missed you :heart:

Brander? WHats he up to.

My Boy Jarrod Brander is slowly and systematically being carefully groomed, developed and trained as our next Colman Medalist and Multiple AA KPF.

Tracking along very, very nicely.

We have the “ Heir Apparent “ in our back pocket waiting to take over from the great JK.

You can’t help but laugh , while the Purple Clowns are desperately trying to find one .... just one .... dominant KPF we have a dual Colman Medalist and multiple AA beast in JK running around wreaking havoc in our forward line .... AND .... we also have the next best thing in waiting tucked away on our list.

Purples could have had him but NO they just couldn’t help themselves and went another midfielder.

My Boy Jarrod Brander is slowly and systematically being carefully groomed, developed and trained as our next Colman Medalist and Multiple AA KPF.

Tracking along very, very nicely.

We have the “ Heir Apparent “ in our back pocket waiting to take over from the great JK.

You can’t help but laugh , while the Purple Clowns are desperately trying to find one .... just one .... dominant KPF we have a dual Colman Medalist and multiple AA beast in JK running around wreaking havoc in our forward line .... AND .... we also have the next best thing in waiting tucked away on our list.

Purples could have had him but NO they just couldn’t help themselves and went another midfielder.
source.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back