Training The training report thread now including finals sessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats awesome news if true

Lachy Reid reported on Channel 10 that Darling is still "several weeks away". So there could be a discrepancy between what Darling thinks (GWS game) and what the club thinks. This Fox Sports injury update from today lists Darling as 1-3 weeks, which could/should put him in the frame for GWS. This list also has Kennedy at 1-2 weeks and Venables as 1 week. So Venables must be out for East Perth this week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...t/news-story/4f3c5c05d0989733258ee69c4bea65e1

Lachy Reid reported on Channel 10 that Darling is still "several weeks away". So there could be a discrepancy between what Darling thinks (GWS game) and what the club thinks. This Fox Sports injury update from today lists Darling as 1-3 weeks, which could/should put him in the frame for GWS. This list also has Kennedy at 1-2 weeks and Venables as 1 week. So Venables must be out for East Perth this week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...t/news-story/4f3c5c05d0989733258ee69c4bea65e1
That’s s**t if true (Venables)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can't get used to the feeling of wishing JD was on the field. Such new territory for me. God I hope he comes back as good as he left.
Possibly only if Kennedy is out longer
As soon as Kennedy is back and in form darling will be back to second fiddle

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s s**t if true (Venables)

That list looks like a bit of a compilation/guesswork. No mention of Barrass, or LeCras' apparent injury, and the times for Darling and Karpany don't match the official injury list.

With Venables I reckon they've just missed updating it. He played on Saturday and there was no mention of any injury.

Went down to training today as I had to go to the team store to get my free jumper courtesy of AGL

• Didn't see Hurn or gov hopefully because they're on a plane to Melbourne. Yeo was there albeit he didn't actually do any training and wasn't in normal training kit
• Cripps and Venables the most notable absentees in terms of likely starting 22 for Collingwood. Partington, Brander, Brayshaw, burrows (presumed dead), Olango and bayok are others I didn't see
• Took me a while to work it out but one of the basketballers (Riach) was out there. At least I think that's who it was
• Jetta was moving freely and did a full session. JK looked a little more laboured and missed a couple of drills but also did some additional running. Suspect both will be ok for the QF
• Mallen did all the training with the mids.
• Petrie was doing a bit out there looking everything like an assistant. Won't be surprised in the slightest if he's added to the coaching panel in the wake of Mitchell's departure

Nothing much else of interest that I can remember- very low key session

Went down to training today as I had to go to the team store to get my free jumper courtesy of AGL

• Didn't see Hurn or gov hopefully because they're on a plane to Melbourne. Yeo was there albeit he didn't actually do any training and wasn't in normal training kit
• Cripps and Venables the most notable absentees in terms of likely starting 22 for Collingwood. Partington, Brander, Brayshaw, burrows (presumed dead), Olango and bayok are others I didn't see
• Took me a while to work it out but one of the basketballers (Riach) was out there. At least I think that's who it was
• Jetta was moving freely and did a full session. JK looked a little more laboured and missed a couple of drills but also did some additional running. Suspect both will be ok for the QF
• Petrie was doing a bit out there looking everything like an assistant. Won't be surprised in the slightest if he's added to the coaching panel in the wake of Mitchell's departure

Interesting to see if they give Allen another contract on the basis of being a mid next year.

Interesting to see if they give Allen another contract on the basis of being a mid next year.

For the last month or so the match committee have seen him as being in the best 26 of a pretty healthy squad, I'd be surprised if he didn't get another contract.

Wonder if that means no All Australian for yeo, they generally all attend?

I saw Venables in the gym with NN on NN’s IG story which was uploaded around the same time the lads were training I think, (going by the clubs own IG stories).

Hopefully not another injury for him.

Olongo had surgery yesterday so that’s why he wasn’t out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back