The Training the House Down 2017 edition thread (2017 pre-season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Eldo and I watched be Jaeger Bomb go through his paces today!

PHWOOOOAAARRR!

Everyone looked fit and fine out on the track. Lots of hats being worn in the heat so it wasn't easy to make out who was who a lot of the time.

Anyone telling you Rough won't play early on is full of it. He's doing everything that everyone else is and looking fine.

JOM made mention of how it "still fees like we're in maloolaba" as he was headed inside for some boxing.

JOM + Rough playing early.....

Training report over and out. F*** yeah!
Well I didn't say JOM will play early(in my extensive report)but hey, he's doing all the same stuff as Tom, Pop and Hodge, so if people think he's "going to be lucky to get out on the park" they're also full of s**t.

So you reckon JOM will be ready for round 1? Awesome news about big Roughy.
I don't see why not. He's doing everything Tom is, and there's no question marks on Tom missing the start of the year.

We all know new players are often monitored and managed when they arrive, before being put fully into our program.

I have little doubt JOM will step it up in the coming weeks.

I don't see why not. He's doing everything Tom is, and there's no question marks on Tom missing the start of the year.

We all know new players are often monitored and managed when they arrive, before being put fully into our program.

I have little doubt JOM will step it up in the coming weeks.
Can't wait for all of those that kept saying we paid too much for him (I would have happily paid more fwiw) to clammer for a rule change that bans Hawthorn from trading in players and it isn't fair to the rest of the comp when he's tearing it up mid season.

Full squad turnout at WP today. It's the colour of the boots I use to identify players these days ! Just some 3 on 2's, handling drills and game of handball at full tilt. There was then about 45 minutes of leg exercises. It was warm in the sun, but the standout of the day was Dan Howe's suntan :)

The 2 x Conor's trained as though they'd been brought up on the game, and overall the boys looked quite fit and raring to go. So far so good. That bloke O'Meara went alright for someone supposedly on crutches !

They'll be back on Monday.

Can't wait for all of those that kept saying we paid too much for him (I would have happily paid more fwiw) to clammer for a rule change that bans Hawthorn from trading in players and it isn't fair to the rest of the comp when he's tearing it up mid season.
It'll be called the mid season draft and the AFL will ban the team(s) on top of the ladder from participating.

E

JOM made mention of how it "still fees like we're in maloolaba" as he was headed inside for some boxing.
He was talking to me, not you! ME!

Always trying to bask in my reflected Jaeger glow, you are!

(Do you think he liked me??)

Last edited:
Full squad turnout at WP today. It's the colour of the boots I use to identify players these days ! Just some 3 on 2's, handling drills and game of handball at full tilt. There was then about 45 minutes of leg exercises. It was warm in the sun, but the standout of the day was Dan Howe's suntan :)

The 2 x Conor's trained as though they'd been brought up on the game, and overall the boys looked quite fit and raring to go. So far so good. That bloke O'Meara went alright for someone supposedly on crutches !

They'll be back on Monday.
I know it's early days but by god will non-Hawthorn supporters be headf**ked if the Conors both end up decent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eldo and I watched be Jaeger Bomb go through his paces today!

PHWOOOOAAARRR!

Everyone looked fit and fine out on the track. Lots of hats being worn in the heat so it wasn't easy to make out who was who a lot of the time.

Anyone telling you Rough won't play early on is full of it. He's doing everything that everyone else is and looking fine.

Great news !!!

Imagine if mithell lewis is any good too, ha, eat it head***d
Funnily enough he was doing running drills with Hodge today.

Hodge Mitchell Lewis. Back together again.

I would just like to thank all the contributors to this and other threads for saving the remains of my sanity. You (and match feed of Warner's 2nd innings knock) made bearable the countless hours stuck in LAX Thursday waiting for my delayed flight home. Thank you for making me want to swim home so as not to miss another training report!

so the beach training photos... looks to me like a lot of them have ignored Roughy's recent experiences with Melanoma, I would have expected they would all be wearing their hats properly and some zinc cream. Slip, slop, slap and all that.
. images.jpeg
Current sunscreen application method used at Hawthorn prior to all outdoor training

Does anyone know who the black guy who briefly appears at the start of the video is? he's at the front of the running group. Also the guy with the top knot?

Don't think I've ever seen them before this video?
I believe that could be a kid from our south east Vic "academy".

I believe that could be a kid from our south east Vic "academy".

Taken from the article:

https://www.bigfooty.com/news/2017/01/top-40-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-2017/

Top 40 draft prospects to watch in 2017

Changkuoth Jiath
Gippsland Power/Vic Country
Medium Forward/Outside Midfielder
Height: 184 cm Weight: 71 kg D.O.B: 13/6/99

From a Sudanese background, there is a good chance that the affectionately known CJ could be the best multicultural player to come through the juniors to date. A late addition the the AFL Academy, CJ has been involved in state talent programs since the u15 schoolboys where he impressed up forward. CJ since then has represented his state every year and has now been recognized for his efforts by being added to the Academy. CJ at his best provides tons of x-factor as he is evasive and has the ability up forward and in the midfield to kick goals. CJ, who boards at Xavier college, has still got plenty of room to grow as a player as he is still only skinny at 71 kg and is yet to refine his game sense. CJ is sure to be the first multicultural player taken in 2017 and with his skills, why wouldn’t you take a player with a ceiling like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back