The Training the House Down 2017 edition thread (2017 pre-season)

Remove this Banner Ad

He has played 18 games of AFL.

Here I come, Chicken Little meets Foghorn Leghorn.....I say I say I say - oh s**t oh s**t oh s**t.

If he doesn't add a game this year, he'll be 24 years old a month in to next season - with 18 games to his name.
Have you checked out his 'career highlights' on the Hawthorn web page?
21 disposals v Nth. Twenty freakin 1
A solitary goal, against the Tiges is another. He has 4 total in his career of 18 games.
Averaged 11 disposals in his 9 games for GWS.
Averages 15 in his 9 for us.

Yes, lets pull for all Hawthorn players, but but but but.
Can we kindly, however, not shout down posters who rightly question what value this young man's play has at AFL level?
He's 23 in a few months, not 19-20.

It's good to hear O'Rourke is killing it. If he doesn't perform this year, could it be his last on the Hawthorn list?....

JOR has his work cut out getting a game. He will be behind JOM and ToM, and I like Lovell and Howe more than I do JOR. We've seen Langers perform. JOR needs to show a lot and show it early.

Think it had to do with the fact he was in the stands let alone bench/wing...couldnt get an opportunity
Pretty sure it was reported that he was being played out of position by being played more as an outside mid. JOR burnt in a scratch match last year playing near the stoppage. However, as soon as the pressure went up a notch he went missing. Good player but cant compete.

That reminds me of a North great of the 50s, Les Foote, who I worked with for a couple of years in the 70s. He used to run down Elizabeth Street towards Flinders Street dodging and weaving his way while running as fast as possible. Hewas pretty good on the feild at getting past opponents too.

Haydn Bunton used to do this too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back