The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We’ve had some bad Airbnb experiences so we’re steering clear 😭
We stayed here - https://redstag.com.au/ one time a few years back MEB.
Property is about 20 minutes out of Bright and was quite unique (was an extended family weekend away organised by my left of centre country cousin from Wodonga)
Was a great base for a number of trips around the area, visited the local wineries, did some trekking, fishing, mountains etc.etc
The whole of that district is just beautiful.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
We stayed here - https://redstag.com.au/ one time a few years back MEB.
Property is about 20 minutes out of Bright and was quite unique (was an extended family weekend away organised by my left of centre country cousin from Wodonga)
Was a great base for a number of trips around the area, visited the local wineries, did some trekking, fishing, mountains etc.etc
The whole of that district is just beautiful.
Omg Booger would LOVE that! Thanks!

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thought id just add a little experience with Airbnb in relation to staying in Bright.

I was tasked with booking the accomodation for myself and friends for our trip to Bright in March (fantastic place), i decided to go with Airbnb and booked a place, it came to roughly $2400, i thought it was steep but i wanted to lock it in.

After booking i noticed the house had a name, so i looked it up online and found if i had of booked directly through bright escapes, then it would have been $600 cheaper. I tried to cancel through Airbnb but the owner had a strict cancellation policy and i would lose my $1000 deposit.

I was filthy and wrote a strongly worded letter, Airbnb cancelled the booking and i called up and booked direct, when i booked direct, the owner was pissed that i was able to cancel with Airbnb, which made me angry, as they obviously wanted to keep the money and re book the house.

Anyway, always try to book direct, Airbnb charge multiple booking and cleaning fees, which don't go on anything.

In regards to Bright, the caravan parks on the river are great, Porpunkah is down the road and is just as nice and a lot quieter, bright escapes.com have a lot of houses for rent.

Starting to reconsider Greece in May :(

Fair enough too.

Odds are you won’t get anything but not sure it’s worth the risk at this stage.

On the plus side, if you do travel over the next few months, things will probably be bloody cheap...

Guys, my sister-in-law is a pharmacist, and she has just recently been to a medical conference in Melbourne where coronavirus was discussed.
Just a few things we were told:

100% Pandemic
Immunocompromised persons need to be extra careful
It survives for 2 days on inanimate objects.
Schools could be closed

Anyone thinking of travelling over the next few months needs to be very careful. My mum is on a cruise at the moment in the South Pacific, and my mother in law is going to Bali in April. My sister in law has said both need to be "quarantined" for 14 days on their arrival home from my kids.

Back