The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

I walked out of the Miro museum angry as ****.

Three black dots and a red line is art? Really?

Anything I can reproduce in MS paint in 60 seconds is not art....

/rant

Sorry travel peeps, as you were...
But can you reproduce it¿ I walked out of there thinking Leunig owed a bit to Miro. Loved the Miro gallery. Especially the sculptures. And the view of Barcelona from atop the hill was grouse.

Last edited:
Great shots from Marina Bay Sands AceAndy. We’re thinking about adding Singapore as a stopover on our honeymoon but will stay for a few days. A good mate recently stayed at that hotel. The infinity pool overlooking the city - wow!

Great shots from Marina Bay Sands AceAndy. We’re thinking about adding Singapore as a stopover on our honeymoon but will stay for a few days. A good mate recently stayed at that hotel. The infinity pool overlooking the city - wow!
If you have the chance to stopover in Singapore I would definitely recommend.:thumbsu::)

Marina Bay Sands Hotel is just incredible and the infinity pool on the 57th floor (top level) would have fantastic views. Heaps to do and see in Singapore , you wont be dissapointed.

If you have the chance to stopover in Singapore I would definitely recommend.:thumbsu::)

Marina Bay Sands Hotel is just incredible and the infinity pool on the 57th floor (top level) would have fantastic views. Heaps to do and see in Singapore , you wont be dissapointed.
Great food and quite cheap but alcohol is expensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great food and quite cheap but alcohol is expensive.
Yeah there is good food available at very reasonable prices. Not the case in Tokyo where portions were small and prices were quite high.

Didnt really notice the price of alocohol in singapore as we had access to the Executive Lounge at the hotel and you got free beer and spirits. Lots of Tiger lager and Singapore slings were drunk :thumbsu:

Yeah there is good food available at very reasonable prices. Not the case in Tokyo where portions were small and prices were quite high.

Didnt really notice the price of alocohol in singapore as we had access to the Executive Lounge at the hotel and you got free beer and spirits. Lots of Tiger lager and Singapore slings were drunk :thumbsu:
One of the ships I served on had to have a mini refit in Singapore back in the early nineties. We were paid a cost of living allowance but we were always broke.:D

A catch up from Barcelona. Definitely going back to Spain.

St Ignatius statue in a church. He shared his alms with the poor. Like how they shaped him as a begging bowl. Bit like Italy, some great art in some churches. P1020005.JPG
A Miro for ferris
P1010838.JPG
Many displays of the desire for independence, andmnarrow laneways in the old partsmof town. Food and wine were fab. Go to Spain if you get a chance.
P1020063.JPG

It was all about the wine in Bordeaux.
The decanter shaped wine museum.
P1020079.JPG

And against my preconceptions, quite a lot more technical and experimentation in the wineries.
P1020088.JPG

And art in the barrel rooms.
P1020102.JPG

The odd show off chateau

P1020115.JPG

And they keep the vines low to catch the warmth off the gravel and stones.
P1020083.JPG

Dune du Pilat
From Wikipedia
The dune has a volume of about 60,000,000 m³, measuring around 500 m wide from east to west and 2.7 km in length from north to south.[2] Its height is currently 110 meters above sea level.
Amazing
P1020155.JPG P1020153.JPG

Love the pics, BlueGum! Just a few comments.

upload_2018-5-11_13-34-34.png

Spain is my fave country outside Aus, Barcelona my fave city. Am so jealous

upload_2018-5-11_13-35-0.png

Now I'm mad. Not quite Carlton vs North at Blunstone mad. But pretty close

upload_2018-5-11_14-46-55.png

More modern wine-making techniques, huh? I imagined it mostly criminal-types in berets making Bart Simpson stomp on the grapes laces with anti-freeze.

upload_2018-5-11_14-48-2.png

Is that the new Princes Park surface?

Great photos BlueGum thanks for sharing :thumbsu:

The chateau, is that just a private residence ?
Hey Ace. It used to belong to a family but was split up amongst siblingß a few centuries ago. Various bits of it have been sold off over the centuries. The current owner of this one is AXA and it does get used by the head honcho as a residence. Not sure if full time.

The older, less plush, still family owned wineries were more fun to taste at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back